Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else plays guitar while watching TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else plays guitar while watching TV?

I do this often. I have my little "TV rig". It's an old 10 watt Aria amp, with my Tech 21 XXL pedal in front of it, and I either make up silly music to go along with whatever I'm watching, or I just noodle. Here's a pic of my TV rig.

Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

I do all the time especially if I'm just running through scales and picking exercises. That's why I still can't play for shit cos I'm more interested in what I'm watching. LOL!
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I do all the time. Drives my wife nuts but I try to learn the bump music for whatever show we are watching. I've got the music for Rock Of Love down pat! HA!

(What's really sad is I still can play the theme for Beverly Hills 90210. I know, I know)
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Oh man, my wife gets pissed off like you wouldn't believe. :ROTF:

I try to limit it to the commercials and theme music, but you know what happens when you have a guitar in your hands.

Comment

I do too. I think it bothers my husband, but he just doesn't say much, I get an occasional look as I'm trying to pick out Judge Judy or some shit

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
            I do too. I think it bothers my husband, but he just doesn't say much, I get an occasional look as I'm trying to pick out Judge Judy or some shit
            LOL, he's scared of you Jeri. Maybe if he pipes up, you give him a backhander, and say "shut up bitch". :ROTF:

Sorry, I'm half in the bag!

Comment

I don't watch tv.

Comment

That's the only way to watch TV. I just hate when commercials suddenly come on with loud crappy background music.

Comment

I often have either the TV or other music on while I practice. I'm trying to get to the point where I can play guitar without paying any attention to it that way I'll be able to sing at the same time.

Comment

Judge Judy is not easy. Isn't it Beethovens 9th or something like that? I'm no classical fan by any means but I think that's what it's based on. I usually just solo over it!
                    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                      I often have either the TV or other music on while I practice. I'm trying to get to the point where I can play guitar without paying any attention to it that way I'll be able to sing at the same time.
                      I did it the opposite way at first. I learned the lyrics, and practiced the singing first, then concentrated on the guitar parts. Singing is usually easier than playing guitar, so it worked for me. Now I can do it either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                        Judge Judy is not easy. Isn't it Beethovens 9th or something like that? I'm no classical fan by any means but I think that's what it's based on. I usually just solo over it!

Judge Judy's them music should be something by Anal Cunt.

Comment

Since I am good at guitar and bad at singing, the guitar part is easier for me. I am still not ready to let anyone else hear me sing!

Comment

I also do I play while watching movies on my PC too, sometimes I even stop the movie and keep playing
                            Check my bands!
                            www.myspace.com/magicktr
                            www.myspace.com/sinif64
                            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I usually play guitar whle watching TV. It's a great way to use your time efficiently. If I could use 1 unit of time for 2 units of work, why the hell would I not?

(Yeah, watching TV is work for me )
                              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                              X