Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else plays guitar while watching TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count me in. I don't watch tv that much but when i do i have my guitar in my hands. 8 minutes of commercial is just too much.

Comment

i don't really, coz usually i'm playing along with something and there would be too much noise otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
        i don't really, coz usually i'm playing along with something and there would be too much noise otherwise

Practically,when you play....you make noise.
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I do it all the time, not plugged into anything though.

Comment

I play over AMERICAN IDOL hoping Jeff Beck will show-up again.

Uhh Oh, I just admitted watching American Idol.
            Last edited by j4vice; 04-04-2008, 08:53 AM.
            JvicE

Comment

i play along with TV whenever i am watching TV. my TV rig is an old strat (early 80's '62 reissue) into my fender tremolux rig with sansamp classic used as an overdrive. it drives the dog nuts. she lays on the couch (it has ended up being hers - i got the chair) and stares at me and occassionally puts her ears out when i noodle over her favorite shows...not sure what they are yet because it doesn't happen a lot, just during shows. it is funny.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Watching TV, at the PC desk, outside deck, strapped over the shoulder walking through the house, basement, garage, blab, blah, blab.....
                Me and the wife? There are other rooms in the house we both can go to either watch TV peacefully or play guitar peacefully.
                If I see I'm irritating her with my playing I go to another room and vice a versa.

Inspiration and creativity?
                I can be a bit moody at times, so my inspiration can either be limited or have breakthrough, all depending on my mood.
                Theres time I don't want to play guitar and then there are times I can't put it down....go figure.
                Last edited by Soap; 03-27-2008, 11:46 AM.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I always do it. always unplugged. My wife is fascinated that I never drop my guitar when I fall asleep in front of the TV.

Comment

I play when watching too, I use the time to run through modes and scales without looking, it helps me learn new scales. I also practice unplugged.
                    Last edited by jacksoncsplayer; 03-30-2008, 11:09 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Always. Last night I played the theme song to "Frankin" along with the show and the kids sang it. It was cute as hell.

Sadly, I think I can play more TV show music than real songs.
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

i do til someone says do you have to play that thing!? i cant hear! then i go to the backroom and crank the halfstack.yeah sometimes i'm just an asshole.

Comment

I used to but not very much. I play unpluged when I do tho
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Also unplugged here. I usually practice scales & songs or just noodle around more than picking out the music from shows or commercials. I don't do it as much as I used to, though. We have a 9-month-old on the rampage, so I don't leave guitars out around the house anymore, plus my TV time is a fraction of what it was.

Comment

When I first started playing guitar I did alot. Drove my parents nuts but the rarely said anything.
                              Now, I can't in the livingroom, I would drive my wife nuts, the dogs either bark at me or run and the bird tells me to "shut the fuck up". I still do if I am in the basement in my guitar room though.

Comment

You have to know I do.:ROTF: When you can just lean a little from the good ole La-Z-Boy and grab a guitar, why not? I do have to get up and turn on the tube amp if what I am watching is booring.
                                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                                X