Am I about to get scammed or what.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I about to get scammed or what.

I find it very pathetic how lame people on eBay can be. I'm sitting here at 12:58am pissed off because some tool that I sold a guitar to (well over a month ago) decides that he wants me to pay for his fuck ups on the guitar. Isn't this going to be a great story or what?

Yes, you read correctly. He wants me. To Pay for his fuck ups. What. A. Tool.

Anyways, I sold a Carvin DC200TI a month or so ago and everything went smoothly, I got the money, sent the guitar, he gave me positive feedback and praise for the guitar. All is done and done, right? I guess not. I log into my ebay account today for the first time in months and I find that I have about 12 new messages from the dude who bought my guitar. He was telling me that he doesn't know the correct Allan wrench size for the guitar, and that he wants to know. Fair enough, but about 10 messages later I find a "This user is filing a claim for product not matching the description". I find that really fucking funny, so I write back to him saying "Sorry it's taking so long to respond, I haven't been on, bla bla bla". He eventually tells me that the nut on the guitar is stripped and that he wants me to send him $35 to buy a new nut.

First of all, I changed the strings a few days before I sent the guitar out, second of all, to me, it sounds like he stripped the fucking nut and wants me to pay for his mistakes. Third, what a fucking jackass. I'm sitting here shocked that he wants me to pay for his fuck up, and on top of that, he has the balls to file a claim against me saying the guitar didn't match the description.

It sure as hell did, it matched it perfectly. I'm wondering if Paypal would just through the claim away, or if that little shit-nose twat has a good chance of getting his money back. If that's the case, I get a guitar back (that needs to be repaired), I'm in debt a couple hundred bucks, and I can't really do anything about it.

What I basically did was tell him that I won't pay for his mistakes, but I will try to help him come to a solution with his problem, I recommended a Allan wrench size that I used, and that's about as far as I can go.

God damn..What does JCF think is going to happen?
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

I don't know exactly how it works with paypal in that respect yet, thankfully, however if you have all the emails you sent back and forth, you may have to go thru the process, but i think you'd be pretty safe.
    especially if it's been a month, good feedback has been given, and all was peachy at the time of reciept.
    May have to readup on all the procedures there at paypal.
    There must be some kind of period where it is beyond the sellers resposibility. Really, if the guitar was sold as is, and the recipient accepted it and was happy, i have a hard time believing he has any ground to stand on.
    While it is a nice gesture to help out with technical issues or whatnot to the buyer, "i offer whatever verbal/info help i can give to them afterwords, if they have a problem" just because you weren't available or didn't see his messages he could have easily asked someone else on the web, or actually read something about it for himself.
    I wouldn't worry about it, cept it's a pain in the ass, i'd be pissed too.

Comment

Paypal won't throw the claim away, and if you don't respond on a timely basis they will rule for him by default. What's the "TI" designation mean and what nut is stripped?

Either way, he should have gotten the info from Carvin if he couldn't reach you, assuming the guitar was stock.

Careful with your wording though, especially when writing to Paypal. You said in your first paragraph that you sold the guitar A month ago, then say you logged into your Ebay account for the first time in "months" (plural). Both of those statements can't be true, since you had to log into Ebay to sell the guitar. so you need to make your story consistent.

I'm not trying to nitpick you, just saying that if Paypal sees inconsistencies in your story, they might rule against you even though you are really in the right. If they interpret inconsistencies as you lying, it could hurt you.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Do you ever read your e-mails? Every question he sent you through ebay you should have received an email too. I would tell him and then paypal if he doesn't let the issue go that if he didn't know what he was doing he should have taken it to a pro.

Comment

Rich he doesn't have to log on ebay ever again, he sold, received payment, shipped, customer received item and left a positive...end of story, transaction complete,deal is done.

You are rigth however that PayPal is fucke dup and may not care but eventually you wont get screwed, it will just be a painfull process
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Rich he doesn't have to log on ebay ever again, he sold, received payment, shipped, customer received item and left a positive...end of story, transaction complete,deal is done.
            Yes he shouldn't have too. Even if you don't look at your ebay account there should be a copy send to his email too. It's rare these days to see someone that doesn't check their email daily.

Comment

I don't have questions sent thru eBay forwarded to my email account...its a user option
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post

You are rigth however that PayPal is fucke dup and may not care but eventually you wont get screwed, it will just be a painfull process
                Right, but he says he sold the guitar A month ago, meaning ONE month ago, then says he hasn't logged onto Ebay in MONTHS, meaning plural.

That would mean he sold the guitar on Ebay without logging onto Ebay to do it, and that is impossible. See my point? Paypal could interpret that statement as a lie.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

"what"
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ebay and Paypal suck !!!!!! I dont use it anymore but the wife does. She paid for a cell phone and the add said it was in new condition and 2 months old. The pic looked ok too. When I got it, it was 3 different colors and had a million scratches and dings. It looked like a parts phone. The paypal claim was filed and they said 30 days blah blah blah. Still no refund and the scummy company hasnt even sent 1 email asking for proof that the phone isnt as described. Its a lame sorry company and I think they all should be publically flogged for screwing people over. there is a reason that Paypalsucks.com exists. Its a joke.

Comment

Working...
                    X