No announcement yet.

child prodigy plays acoustic version of Living On A Prayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is just sick... his balls havn't even dropped yet.
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I'm in the midst of trying to get that damn thumbpicking rhythm down myself... that's the Tomi Paldanius acoustic arrangement of the song (Youtube the name... he has several videos demonstrating how to play the song).

This kid is playing in Eb... sounds GREAT tuned down.

Gotta pick up a thumbpick tomorrow and get my Shannon Soloist in for a truss rod repair!

Comment

Oh I love that kid man..I watched every single one of his vids a while back, even showed the wife a few. That kid was born to play.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

holy crap he's amazing! his phrasing and arrangements are something most of us either don't have or the best of us would have to work years/months on to get.

it's kinda karmically cool, how a bunch of talented musicians of all walks and types and ages can all be singularly blown away by a kid like this.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

his version of Blackbird is the most impressive of all IMO.

Comment

Sungha Jung, isn't allowed to play outside like other kids. Sungha Jung must perform for his parents friends like a trained monkey and isn't allowed to watch TV. Sungha Jung's father beats him with a wrench if he makes a mistake.

I seriously hope not and wish I was more dedicated and serious as this young man.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                These prodigy vids are always pretty interesting for what they are, but do they ever go on to greatness? Remember Thomas McRocklin? He should've eclipsed Vai by the time he was 16, right? Then there was an Australian blues prodigy from about 10 years ago named Nathan Cavaleri who used to play with BB King. I did a search on him a while back and he's in some shitty band on myspace called the Dirty Skanks.

Kids should be kids. Where did those 12-year-old Harvard med school students we saw on 60 Minutes 10 or 15 years ago end up? They sure as shit haven't cured cancer or the common cold. I think they burn out from their parents pushing them & end up regretting missing out on going to the mall or skateboarding. You live to be 80 or 90. What's the fukkin' rush?

Anyway, awesome vid! I'm sure this kid will eclipse Vai by the time he's 16 or be the next SRV or whatever!
                You have a valid point in a sense, there are these kids that start off with blues and become great blues guitarist at a young age. I had a friend who started playing guitar very young, by 8th grade, he was the shit, he could play clapton, srv, all that shit. By high school, he had faded away for a few reasons.

These kids definitely have talent, but they're told they have talent so they eventually stop caring and putting in so much effort. Some people may disagree, but there truthfully is a limit to how far you can go with blues.. The kids that really get good at guitar are the ones that get interested in "shred" at a young age. I'm not talking about mindless speed, I'm talking about advanced guitar playing , Jason Becker, Friedman, all the greats, they push themselves to a new level, while the (back then) prodigy is still playing the same old songs he was praised for ages ago.

Basically, being told "you're a prodigy" goes to the kids heads..Then kids that are more motivated and more determined become better than them.
                Originally posted by horns666
                The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

maybe the kid just likes music.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                    Basically, being told "you're a prodigy" goes to the kids heads..Then kids that are more motivated and more determined become better than them.
                    Anakin Skywalker versus Luke Skywalker.

Comment

I've got a few guitars and an amp for sale now.....
                      Guitars:
                      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                      Amp:
                      VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                        all my stuff is going on ebay now ..
                        No shit... Me too. Damn that kid is freaking good. Did you see that stretch?!?!

Comment

hey, get inspired not depressed! music is not a competition. music is an old friend, inviting you in with open arms...anyone with something to say can contribute at whatever skill level. johnny lee hooker could mesmerize by vamping continuously on an e chord.

at least that's what i keep telling myself as i cue up the next sungha video curled up in a fetal position with a bottle of tequila by my side lol.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                            These prodigy vids are always pretty interesting for what they are, but do they ever go on to greatness? Remember Thomas McRocklin? He should've eclipsed Vai by the time he was 16, right? Then there was an Australian blues prodigy from about 10 years ago named Nathan Cavaleri who used to play with BB King. I did a search on him a while back and he's in some shitty band on myspace called the Dirty Skanks.

Kids should be kids. Where did those 12-year-old Harvard med school students we saw on 60 Minutes 10 or 15 years ago end up? They sure as shit haven't cured cancer or the common cold. I think they burn out from their parents pushing them & end up regretting missing out on going to the mall or skateboarding. You live to be 80 or 90. What's the fukkin' rush?

Anyway, awesome vid! I'm sure this kid will eclipse Vai by the time he's 16 or be the next SRV or whatever!
                            I think it's the luck of the draw... I can guarantee that a lot of you are better guitarist than a lot of these guitarist in these popular bands.
                            2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                            2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                            2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                            2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                            2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                            2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                            2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                            2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                            2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                            1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                            1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                              Anakin Skywalker versus Luke Skywalker.
                              YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                                Fantastic arrangements. Damn...
                                ...but they're not his. Still amazing.

Here's one of the originals:

Andy Mckee - Africa - Toto
                                This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Working...
                                X