Wine and Supermarkets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine and Supermarkets

I like wine. But what is it with the wine section. There are thousands of bottles. Hundreds of Brands. Whatever happened to just a cheap bottle of deep dark red wine. The Gallo Bros sold us out.:ROTF:
    Last edited by fett; 04-02-2008, 04:45 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Grocery stores dont cater to wino's at least here. If you want some nasty red like reunite lambrusco or some nighttrain you have to go the beer store.

Comment

Back to normal today I see.

Just can't keep you in your "trailer" can we?

I agree with Jason, Grocery Stores cater to the wine drinker, not the wino. The wino needs to go to the Quicky Mart, he will find all the "good" brands there.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
          Grocery stores dont cater to wino's at least here. If you want some nasty red like reunite lambrusco or some nighttrain you have to go the beer store.
          For cheap wine, Riunite Lambrusco rocks!!! The Riunite Rosato is pretty good, too.

Though, grocery stores here in NJ can't sell alcohol, only bars and liquor stores.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
            Just can't keep you in your "trailer" can we?

I will stick to my trailer when a post is about "ME". This thread is not about me. I just find it curious that a Produce Section was reduced to make way for a gigantic Wine Section.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
              I will stick to my trailer when a post is about "ME". This thread is not about me. I just find it curious that a Produce Section was reduced to make way for a gigantic Wine Section.
              fett,
              Here was your first sentence. "I like wine." How is this not about you?

Now if you are bringing up the fact that the grocery store took out some produce to expand the alcohol section, that is interesting. But you didn't mention that in your first post.
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Man I feel sorry for some of you guys... you have to got to 3 different stores to stock up for a party.
                Here in AZ, the grocery store carries it all. From Beer to Everclear.
                -Rick

Comment

there is so much money to be made on wine, it is even funny. the stores make money from the vendor just to have their wine on displayed on the top shelf. wine is not positioned there just randomly. we do not have the hard stuff in grocery stores in Wa. you can only get it in state run stores. Costco is fighting the good cause right now trying to be able to put booze in their warehouse's up here now.

As an FYI, and dear to my heart, Absoult was just sold by to a French company for over $8 billion this week.
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Back to normal today I see.
                    Yeah. Here we go again.
                    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I like wine that is cheap but not fett cheap. More like $7-10 bottles. The grocery stores around here cater to people like me as it seems most of their bottles are $5-15.

I also prefer to only buy stuff from France or Italy but occasionally go for something from elsewhere. I rarely if ever buy anything from the USA though...

Comment

fett,
                        Here was your first sentence. "I like wine." How is this not about you?

Now if you are bringing up the fact that the grocery store took out some produce to expand the alcohol section, that is interesting. But you didn't mention that in your first post.
                        I am still trying to be PC. The next General Interest thread I post will be Generic. And my point was more a marketing observation and wasn't intended to have me whine about wine or what I buy.
                        Last edited by fett; 04-02-2008, 06:06 PM.

Comment

All your posts are geriatric not generic.
                          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                            Man I feel sorry for some of you guys... you have to got to 3 different stores to stock up for a party.
                            Here in AZ, the grocery store carries it all. From Beer to Everclear.
                            Nods, the same way here in CA, (well except you can't get Everclear in a grocery store and the version they stock in the liquer store is like 151 instead of the what is it, 192 proof they make?)

It sucked the last time I visited Spokane, WA. Being from California it was sort of a shock to the system to have to go to two places during certain hours just to get some what generic stuff (at least here) that you'd get in the super market.

Hey Fett, if you have a Dollar Tree where you live, they get wine in those places (well depending on the state I guess) I worked at one inbetween real jobs and we sold that crap by the damn case, dollar a bottle.

Now for your observation - I have noticed that some of our Safeway stores have gone a little preppy - the have multble isles just for the wine, then more for liquer, and then fridge's with beer, though the bakery/deli part seemed to grow too.

Of course I used to live in a town with multible winerys (Livermore, Ca) Went, and I can't remember the other's names.. so they took pride in their wine sections.

I don't drink alcohal so, all I can do is look at the pretty bottles.. lol
                            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Working...
                            X