Pic test...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic test...

Stupid pic test. Never mind, move along, my photo skills still suck!
    The USAs... gunmetal gray RR1T, and black Charvel Star. The pic sucks so bad that you can't even see the gold Charvel logo or that it's got a Floyd! :ROTF:

The imports... black Dinky HX and Old School Burst Mark Morton.
    The Morton is like a rusty red color, but again, my photo skills suck!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

The problem is the white background.
    It's blowing out the rest of the pic. Way too much contrast.

More light, less flash and pic a more neutral color for the background.
    Like a tan.
    Ask any pro photographer how hard shooting against a white background is. It's the worst.
    -Rick

Comment

Are you using a camera-phone?
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

No camera phone. I think my camera phone might take better pics than this. It's kinda dark in my house. I should take pics outside in normal light tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          The problem is the white background.
          It's blowing out the rest of the pic. Way too much contrast.

More light, less flash and pic a more neutral color for the background.
          Like a tan.
          Ask any pro photographer how hard shooting against a white background is. It's the worst.
          Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Joe, if this is your camera on "auto", it sucks. It's a disgrace to your cool guitars. The green tint in all your pictures and poor dynamic range is what makes it suck so much. Rick is right as usual, but a newer digital camera would be able to shoot at those conditions with much greater results. It's time to stop buying guitars and start looking for a decent camera
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I like how the RR looks green!

Comment

Good point. It does take decent pics outdoors. I took it to a wedding a couple weeks ago and my friend used it... she complained all the pics came out dark inside, too.

Comment

Very cool guitars, Joe!!!! Are you sure you really want to change that control cover? It won't look near as mean -
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thanks, Dave. Maybe I should just keep it the way it is. Though, at the moment, only one volume control is wired up. I have to make up my mind what I want to do with the other two; I might put some EMG VMC or BQC controls in there.

Comment

You're right Joe. Your pics sucks! I'll forgive you only if you send me the RR1T. And the Star. BTW, nice stuff you have there man.
                      "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I'm gonna have another go:

I need to use the parents' living room again..
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by bonghits View Post
                          You're right Joe. Your pics sucks! I'll forgive you only if you send me the RR1T. And the Star. BTW, nice stuff you have there man.
                          Thanks, Mike. I'll send them both to you for the low, low price of one meeelion dollars! :ROTF:

Comment

The problem is the how metering systems in the camera work. Basically the way the camera metering system works is it's looking for a medium gray in the scene to set the exposure. Since no medium gray exists in the picture, the camera assumes the white sheet is medium gray and overexposes the image.

If your camera shows the exposure settings and allows you to manually adjust the settings, try lowering the exposure by one stop. If it's a little point and shoot camera, disable the flash, put the camera on a tripod or something stable, max out the normal room lighting and take the shot then.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Anyone recommend a decent Digital Camera that's not 800 dolars?
                              I researched the shit out of the lot that looked promising, and even the supposedly good ones i saw seem to have somewhat inacurate color, or white balance, grainyness, shitty dpi ect....

Comment

Working...
                              X