No announcement yet.

Pic test...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get decent pics out of a P.H.D. (push here dummy) camera.
    The Canon ELPH series are great cameras that don't cost a fortune.
    I have the SD800 (7.1MP) that I use for everyday stuff that takes great pics and costs under $300.

Takes great close ups too.

Edit: This pic was from my old Canon S410 (4MP camera)
    Last edited by rjohnstone; 04-03-2008, 11:23 PM.
    -Rick

Comment

From the living room:

Yep, makes a big difference. I have no option but to use my camera phone, a Sony Erricson K800i. You get several different white balance modes, though I don't know which is supposed to be the best. I do know it's best to keep things away from windows as it does over expose those bright areas. I take the flash mode off and put the camera into "best shot" mode.
      Last edited by wilkinsi; 04-04-2008, 10:02 AM.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Wilks, those are great for a camera phone.

Joe - can you adjust film speed on your camera? Try a higher ISO if you can.
        Scott

Comment

I have no idea. I haven't read the manual in awhile. I'll have to dig it out and see if I can figure things out.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
            Wilks, those are great for a camera phone.

Joe - can you adjust film speed on your camera? Try a higher ISO if you can.
            Higher ISO settings can help brighten up a pic, but they will get very grainy as well.
            It's a trade off.

The best way to get a great pic is light, lots and lots of natural light, NO FLASH, camera on a tripod, an ISO setting of 200 or 400. Anything above that and it WILL get grainy.
            Play with exposure setting if you can. In low light situations, you need to increase the exposure time. This will require a tripod as any movement will blur the pic.
            You can do all of this with any mid level point and shoot.
            If you have lots of good light, you will not need to increase the exposure time and will be able to take the pic without a tripod.
            -Rick

Comment

Rj - definitely agree. My camera (cheapo P&S Nikon) automatically bumps to ISO 800 in low light. Blacks come out looking like rainbows with all the digital noise. I wish there was a way to manually adjust it. Any recommendations for P&S camera with manual settings? Megapixels are pointless to me once they get over 2.0 (since I mostly get 4"x6" prints or have them on my computer screen which has a max resolution of 1600x1200.
              Scott

Comment

What kind of budget do you have in mind?
                With a camera, 9 times out or 10 you do get what you pay for.
                Every once and a while you can find a cheapy that takes great pics, but those are very rare.
                Like I said earlier... I paid less than $300 for my Canon SD800 and it takes great pics.
                My wife uses it to take product shots for her jewelry business.
                She originally bought a Rebel XT for that purpose, but found the little ELPH took just as good of pics if given the proper lighting conditions.

Here is an example from the SD800.
                Pic was taken using 3 100 watt daylight bulbs (one on each side and then one overhead) with an ISO setting at 200. No flash was used and no tripod either.
                It's obviously been run through Photoshop to be resized and have the border added, but you get the idea. The main pendant is about the size of a quarter.

Last edited by rjohnstone; 04-04-2008, 11:46 AM.
                -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Thanks, Mike. I'll send them both to you for the low, low price of one meeelion dollars! :ROTF:
                  Since I'm broke, what does a moobie squeeze get me?:ROTF:
                  "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Depends how hard you squeeze.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Depends how hard you squeeze.
                      :ROTF:Sorry Joe, I don't have a comeback for that.:ROTF:
                      "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X