Best Band on the Planet?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Band on the Planet?...

Head is still reeling and neck a bit sore from seeing MESHUGGAH and Ministry at the Fillmore last night. It's hard to be so brutal and be so perfect at the same time, and I've never seen a band bring it on the level that MESHUGGAH is bringing it. oBzen is of course, the metal release of the year, and they pull it off live. Yes they played Bleed, and Fredrik and Marten did not take eyes off their guitars - in fact, they barely moved during that song. If you don't know the song, you should check it out on their MySpace - after which you may feel an insurmountable desire to go to your nearest music shop. Tomas Haake is god on drums.

Go see the show. Opening band, Hemlock - played for about 45 minutes - was nothing special. Ministry was pretty good, a little too much strobe light for my eyes. They played 3 covers for a second encore that are missable, should you want to get to the exits early .
    Last edited by åron; 04-03-2008, 06:18 PM. Reason: Title

When I read the Topic I thought you were talking about Iron Maiden..... The Best Band on the Planet
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Yeah, my bad. Maiden rules, title fixed so it's not SO misleading.

Comment

I've been a dedicated fan and bro to Nevermore. they've been my fave since since early '96. Meshuuggah rules, I have all their goodies. I love alot of awesome bands, but my first pick is NM..if I had to choose one!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

How is Maiden connected with the title. BTW I finally picked up "A matter of life and death" ..used today for 6 bucks. It's good!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I just got their new CD and it indeed rocks. Reminds me of Fear Factory in some ways, but better
            I didn't like their Chaosphere cd, hell it didn't even sound like music to me, but this is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              How is Maiden connected with the title.
              By being the best band on the planet?

If I had to pick one it would be Deep Purple, Queen, or Whitesnake.

Comment

fuck you guys, The Monkees is the best band on the planet
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Nitro Is Teh Best Band Evar

Comment

Megadeth, my favorite followed by Savatage and Pain of Salvation..
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64
                    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I have catch 33 and nothing and I didn't really like the production. The new songs on myspace sound a lot more focused. I'll check out the new disc. Thanks for sharing!
                      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post

I've never seen a band bring it on the level that MESHUGGAH is bringing it.
                        +1..........Check it out http://youtube.com/watch?v=U5YEqmIIdj8

Comment

I like Meshuggah, but only for like one or two songs, then it gets way too boring and way too repetitive. Can't deny Haake's insane skills though.
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                            I have catch 33 and nothing and I didn't really like the production. The new songs on myspace sound a lot more focused. I'll check out the new disc. Thanks for sharing!
                            I have Nothing and Chaosphere. I like the production of Nothing, but they redid it and it's supposed to be even better and have a DVD. I've been debating whether I should pick it up or not. I really like the song Spasm with the drummer singing.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                              I like Meshuggah, but only for like one or two songs, then it gets way too boring and way too repetitive. Can't deny Haake's insane skills though.

Yeah agreed, what I don't get is how can you have amazing skills and get repetitive? Composing is a totally different thing
                              Check my bands!
                              www.myspace.com/magicktr
                              www.myspace.com/sinif64
                              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
                              X