Guitar straps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar straps...

ok, my birthday's coming up and I have told my wife to buy me something guitar-related that I will actually keep. Last year's gift was the valveking! You can imaging how long I kept that gift

So, I need a nice fat strap that will keep my Jackson's from slipping. I have 3 Jackson's...soloist shapes only. Thanks!
    Sam

These are awesome straps http://italiastraps.com/

or you can try and locate a 'fretsling' brand leather strap, I think thats what it is. I know that they're not made anymore, but you can sometimes find them on the bay. Otherwise, italia straps is the way to go imo.

-Steve
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

NM ROFL... I added "Lock" ..

2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
      2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
      2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
      2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
      2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
      2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
      2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
      2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
      2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
      1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
      1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Planet Waves makes nice leather straps. I use one of the Deluxe Series leather with my Charvel Star and a Joe Satriani "Gray Man" leather strap with my Mark Morton model.

Explore over 1,000 D'Addario accessories to find the exact tools you need to help create your perfect sound. From picks to tuners to gig backpacks - we have it all. Shop now.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I love planet waves straps. Comfy as shit. Ive got a studded leather one from those guys.
          Gear--
          Jackson KVX10 Cobalt Blue Swirl
          Wesley Tartatus V Black
          Marshall MG30fx
          Digitech Delay
          Digitech Heavy Metal
          Digitech Wah Pedal

Comment

Moody Leather
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

ok, I will check out those PW straps. But how wide should I get? I think the strap I have is a 2" leather strap. But it totally sucks.
              Sam

Comment

My absolute FAVORITE strap is this cheap nylon Planet Waves strap that came in a kit they used to sell. Its soooo soft, yet doesent get sweaty like leather. As far as leather goes, Ive always loved my Levis straps... hold up very well over the years and still look great.
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                  ok, I will check out those PW straps. But how wide should I get? I think the strap I have is a 2" leather strap. But it totally sucks.
                  Mine are 2.5" I think. I personally don't like anything wider.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                    My absolute FAVORITE strap is this cheap nylon Planet Waves strap that came in a kit they used to sell. Its soooo soft, yet doesent get sweaty like leather. As far as leather goes, Ive always loved my Levis straps... hold up very well over the years and still look great.
                    +1 on the Levis, all my guitars except one has them. The one exception has a DiMarzio strap.
                    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Planet Waves makes nice leather straps. I use one of the Deluxe Series leather with my Charvel Star and a Joe Satriani "Gray Man" leather strap with my Mark Morton model.

http://www.planetwaves.com/pgeardetails.aspx?ID=1
                      I have 2 PW straps and think they are great. I picked up a 2.5" Deluxe Series blasted leather with diamond rivets while I was away. My holiday treat to myself. And I have a 2" Joe Satriani Snakes Mosaic strap on my Model 2.

Otherwise, I have a couple of nice stitched two ply 2.5" Australian made leather or suede straps, and a hodge-podge of miscellaneous 2" webbing straps (Ernie Ball, etc).

2.5" is preferred, but 2" will work fine too. But I'm not fussy on brand. Guess I'm just a strap whore.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

I use a Bull strap, completely leather and sticks to your clothes.
                        This is the only place I could find one: http://www.stairwaytokevin.com.au/pr...?prodid=184924
                        I also have a Levi's strap but I hate it. The leather is too smooth on both sides and just slips off everything. And I have a hard time getting my strap attached to the guitar.
                        Edit: by the looks of it he Bull is a lot like the Italia straps. Smooth leather on the outside, rough leather (suede?) on the inside. I've had it for almost 7 years now and still looks great. Almost no wear or tear for daily use.
                        Last edited by SlasZ; 04-16-2008, 01:16 AM.

Comment

I went to the local GC and they did not have any leather planet waves straps. only the nylon ones and a lot of those Joe satriani ones. They had a few levy's straps but they were crappy ones. I ended up getting some local brand strap. Its very very comfortable, its thin, made of leather and I couldnt be happier.
                          Sam

Comment

Ask for locks along with it.

-Nate
                            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I prefer nylon, easier to swing around your neck Specifically dimarzio straplocks on all my stage guitars.
                              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X