Did I Damage my U/MCL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I Damage my U/MCL?

I was playing baseball with a few friends a day ago, and remember throwing a fastball and feeling a bit of pain in my lower arm, but not quite up to my wrist. I shrugged it off and threw another. This one hurt. Felt the pain whenever I threw the ball. Went inside and later went to bed. Woke up and my arm felt numb, and I could not even move the sheets off my bed. Finally I got a bit of strength back in it and got out of bed. I have a fairly painful ache in my upper arm near my shoulder.

Elbow is stiff and hurts a fair bit on the inner side of it when I move it or my wrist at odd angles, and I don't have a whole lot of strength either. No medicines or icy hot have really helped either. I'll see a doctor this week if it keeps up.

do you feel a tingling or a sharp pain running down to your hand? I had a similar thing and a dr told me it was tennis elbow. I couldnt move my arm all that well and very little strength.
    And had a tingling or numbness in my hand. He suggested to get a tennis elbow brace and keep my hand elevated as much as possable. Even when i sleep. And it will eventually feel better. also icing it helps too along with the brace. Good luck and I hope its nothin serious
    Gil

Comment

I had a similar thing at the start of the year after arm wrestling some friends at the pub. It didn't hurt at all at the time (probably the alcohol I guess) but the next day it was pretty painful to drive. It was a constant dull pain in the elbow and top half of the forearm. After a week or so it went away by itself. Give it a couple of days, and if it isn't getting any better see a doctor. Good luck with it mate

Comment

It would probably be best to get it checked by your doctor. Many times you cannot tell if it is a serious injury or just tendonitis (sp), tennis elbow, etc. I actually went through everything from MRI on the elbow/wrist to EMG testing to make sure I had no nerve damage. I was in such great pain for quite awhile. I finally gave up computer gaming and took about 6 months off from play guitar and all is fine now.
        Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Sounds like tennis elbow. Just take it easy on the arm for a week or so and it should get better.
          Scott

Comment

We're a bunch of guitarists, seek medical advice form doctors.
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Working...
            X