Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And here I was thinking this was still America...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And here I was thinking this was still America...

So about three hours ago my friend and I pull up to my house after getting home from the bar. We had been getting shitfaced and had a running bet with another member of our group on just how many times we could do 18 and Life before they cut the fucking karaoke or just kicked us out. We were halfway through the middle of our fourth time before the bartender told us that if we didnt shut the fuck up he was cutting our beer off for the night. The only thing in the world that can get me to behave. Anyway so we pull into my driveway and i grab a tall boy out of the backseat and tell dude to just go in while i get the mail. I get the mail and decide to stop and have a piss at the edge of my yard. While i live in a neighborhood that isnt exactly cheap or trashy i also like in rural south carolina and it was just turning 10, which means its dark as fuck (we dont like streetlights here apparently). Well as fate would have it the cop that lives a couple streets over is on his way to work and spots me. Fucking great i just love neighbors who cant mind their own business. So he stops and asks me just what the hell i think im doing. "Well i was taking a piss but i dont think you can afford to sit here and watch me on your salary". He didnt like that. He wrote me a citation for public indecency and i have a court date. Apparently im lucky because if i wasnt in my yard he would have taken me in for public drunkenness. What the fuck is wrong with this country when a taxpaying homeowner cant stand in HIS OWN FUCKING YARD in the PITCH BLACK and have a piss while simultaneously drinking???

WTF is wrong with you that you couldn't piss in your house?!? Dumbass! Nice going on the drunk driving, too.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

So lets review your scenario. You were warned by the bartender because you guys were acting like fools. Then drove home "shitfaced" with open containers in the vehicle. Then assuming you guys were having a good time in your bros yard late at night in pitch black. You pulled out your pud and pissed while drinking a beer..then you get beligerant with the officer who either A) observed you acting a fool or B) someone called on you because you were acting a fool.

Just because a person is a homeowner that pays taxes doesn't give them a license to act like assholes. Trust me, you got off easy. If that were me, I'd had my knee in the back of your neck before you could finish your slurring remarks. You should be happy that those tax dollars are paying for cops that are on the ball. Preventing that area from becoming a free-for-all, drug infested shithole.

How do you expect to get respect from an officer when you act like that..you bought that ticket!

Have fun, but be a little more responsible and accountable for your actions man!

Take my advice and learn from this or..there is plenty more to come...and MUCH worse.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        WTF is wrong with you that you couldn't piss in your house?!? Dumbass! Nice going on the drunk driving, too.
        That's right Joe!..there's a new invention called a toilet..look it up.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Man, I need some sleep. Before I got to bed, I have to dig out a Suicidal Tendencies CD, because the only song in my head right now is Gotta Kill Captain Stupid. :ROTF:
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think he's passed out Joe..he had a little too much fun for one night.

"18 and life...one more time!!!!"...Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

Bartender.."No more 18 and life..no more beer for you...you go now!!!" :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Man, I need some sleep. Before I got to bed, I have to dig out a Suicidal Tendencies CD, because the only song in my head right now is Gotta Kill Captain Stupid. :ROTF:
              Me too..I gotta be at my mom's in the morning..oh man.

Comment

I dont know if my original post hinted at this or not..but noone was driving drunk and there were no open containers. I admit that i was acting like an ass but dude has tried several times to pin me with bullshit, mostly because he flat out doesnt like me living in his neighborhood. When i moved in i threw a meet the neighbors oyster roast at which he was not exactly pleasant...he apparently thinks that the only way a 23-year-old can afford a house here is from being a trust-funder, which i certainly am not. Hes broken up two parties and arrested me twice for sponsoring underage drinking and contributing the the delenquency of a minor (these charges were later dropped when my friends presented their identification in court) and noise ordnance violations (bullshit as i live at least 100 yards from the nearest house and have decent sound-proofing in my practice room).I was a little sauced when I typed the OP (probably shouldnt have even posted it) but believe me when i say the dude deserved the backtalk he got. Either way he was off duty so I percieved it as a conversation between neighbors. I have nothing but respect for police officers, i just have very little for that particular one when hes off duty. I was drunk, plain and simple, and sometimes when i get drunk, schenannigans take place...
                Last edited by airjamie; 04-06-2008, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Hmmm...well given some history. I think you should realize that you're under a microscope with this guy. Mouthing off isn't going to help matters at all..as you can see. A cop is really never "off duty", he's a cop 24/7/365..especially in his neigborhood.

I have a rental next to me in a "copland". Since I'm retired, I keep things in check in my area. People call me up with all kinds of complaints. There were a couple occassions when I had to "take care of biz"..and I made both of them move immediately, I gave them no choice. To be honest..the writing is on the wall. To stay where your at, things are going to have to chill dramatically..or he's going to keep making your life shitty. He may make your life shitty either way..he don't like you..his mind is made up it seems.

This is something you're going have to think about. This affects you..I'm just giving you sound advice (pun).

If you want to stay there..I would attempt to have a civil discussion with him. If he refuses, at least you made the effort and know where he stands. Something to think about.

OK, I gotta bail..and get some sleep.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    So lets review your scenario. You were warned by the bartender because you guys were acting like fools. Then drove home "shitfaced" with open containers in the vehicle. Then assuming you guys were having a good time in your bros yard late at night in pitch black. You pulled out your pud and pissed while drinking a beer..then you get beligerant with the officer who either A) observed you acting a fool or B) someone called on you because you were acting a fool.

Just because a person is a homeowner that pays taxes doesn't give them a license to act like assholes. Trust me, you got off easy. If that were me, I'd had my knee in the back of your neck before you could finish your slurring remarks. You should be happy that those tax dollars are paying for cops that are on the ball. Preventing that area from becoming a free-for-all, drug infested shithole.

How do you expect to get respect from an officer when you act like that..you bought that ticket!

Have fun, but be a little more responsible and accountable for your actions man!

Take my advice and learn from this or..there is plenty more to come...and MUCH worse.
                    Oh my god Bill. I laughed for 5 minutes. "So lets review your scenario!!!" :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

I have had those discussions with some of my juniors sailors when I was in the Navy and we all know sailors are perfect gentlemen when they hit a port. I've also had this disussion with all 3 of my sons, who thought they were right, but failed to see future consequences of their actions.

airjamie: Have fun. We all do things we ain't proud of. Heed the advice of some of the experienced here. It'll save you some trouble in the long run. Pay your fine, call it a wash and be relatively good!!
                    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Funny, but I have memories of my son standing in front of me ranting his ass off about some unfortunate event. When questioned further, I'd always get "chapter 2" when he didn't get the initial reaction he was hoping for.
                      "POOP"

Comment

I was in court for some traffic BS one day & a dude got the same charge as you for pissing behind a tree on a construction site. I forget the exact amount but recall being shocked by the amount of his fine. I think of that every time I piss outside. there's just something better about having a wee on a tree.
                        |My CSG gallery|
                        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

You guys who piss outside better watch it. Indecent Exposure could make you added to the Sex Offender Registry. No shit. Watch it guys, if the wrong person sees you, you're a Sex Offender.

airjamie,
                          Act out all you want. But understand all your "behavior" can come back and bite you on the ass. And it probably will, one way or another.
                          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Let me approach this from a different angle, airjamie.

How annoyed are you when 5-0 comes and breaks up one of your parties? Well, you're neighbors are just as annoyed that they have to even call the cops in the first place because you've interrupted their evening. The limit is when you're "right to party" interferes with your neighbors "right NOT to party".

Being belligerent on top of that just pisses off your neighbors even more. Im gonna guess that part of the reason that cop gives you a hard time is because he constantly gets complaints from the other neighbors and he's sick and tired of hearing it. Either learn to live peacefully with your neighbors, or move.

-Steve
                            Guitars:
                            '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                            '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                            '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                            Amp:
                            VOX AD30VT

Comment

Looks like there are two sides here. one the officer does have a stick up his ass for you. BUT you not helping your self with shit like pissing outside.
                              A friend of mine had sergant that had a hardon for him too. I don't think it stopped until he moved. I was even tired of getting pulled over after leaving his house.
                              The other side, I bet if he was on duty you would've needed some bail money.

Comment

Working...
                              X