Tires slashed - again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires slashed - again

So this post by airjamie got me thinking about my own neighbor situation http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81121.

A little back story.....

My neighbor is a loud obnoxious asshole, the end....

Seriously though, we have had to call the cops at least once a month for the last two years on this guy for noise disturbances. I've confronted him a few times and it's gotten close to physical fights; ala he's drunk and spits in my face and it takes everything I have not to break his neck, but just call the cops instead. So I just stay away from him and let the cops deal with it. To my knowledge they've never arrested or even fined this guy, they just tell him to turn it down and then leave. According to the PD Im the only person that's ever called the cops too. I've talked to the other neighbors in the building and they admit that they're afraid of what he'll do to them if they call the cops, especially now that they've seen what he's done to my cars.

Twice in two weeks now we've had to call the cops on him and each time the tires on my car and my wifes car have been slashed the next morning.

There are no security cams in the lot, and no community watch, and my wife and I live on the back side of the building so we can't see the lot at night.

We've pretty much given up at this point, we're putting our place on the market this month and taking what we can get and leaving.

I have thought of retaliation: maybe gluing his gas cap on with super strength epoxy, or doing all four of his tires and epoxying the lug nuts on so they have to be torched off. But knowing my luck I'd get caught and arrested. I think we're just gonna move, we've been tortured enough by this guy.

-Steve
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Don't go without a fight.

Fuck as much of his shit up as you can without getting caught.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

It's a damn shame that the good people have to make all the allowances for the bad.
      "POOP"

Comment

I had a neighbor like that. I bought my first gun, a 12 gauge shotgun. He moved, we moved. Do you need a gun?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          I had a neighbor like that. I bought my first gun, a 12 gauge shotgun. He moved, we moved. Do you need a gun?
          lol you know, there really is only so much a person can take, but im not at even the slightest point of retaliation, yet. The one little victory I can claim is that he has been on average quieter with longer periods between disturbances. And the fact that he's graduated to slashing my tires whenever I call the cops makes me feel better because I know it's irritating him in return. If he keeps doing it then its only a matter of time before he's caught anyway.

Next time I have to call the cops I'll go sit out near my car with a camera and wait for him, then I'll have him on tape and he'll have to deal with me in person.

We need to move anyway to get closer to family, school, work, etc. This situation is just making the move more of a necessity than a desire. I do hope I can catch him before we leave though. It would be nice to finally see him get what he deserves.
          Guitars:
          Amp:
          VOX AD30VT

Comment

You'd better have a gun as well as a camera if you stake him out. If he's out there with knife in hand and sees you with a camera he'll probably try to kill you. I hope you realize this and are ready for it.

Better judged by 12 than carried by 6...
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
              So this post by airjamie got me thinking about my own neighbor situation http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81121.

A little back story.....

My neighbor is a loud obnoxious asshole, the end....

Seriously though, we have had to call the cops at least once a month for the last two years on this guy for noise disturbances. I've confronted him a few times and it's gotten close to physical fights; ala he's drunk and spits in my face and it takes everything I have not to break his neck, but just call the cops instead. So I just stay away from him and let the cops deal with it. To my knowledge they've never arrested or even fined this guy, they just tell him to turn it down and then leave. According to the PD Im the only person that's ever called the cops too. I've talked to the other neighbors in the building and they admit that they're afraid of what he'll do to them if they call the cops, especially now that they've seen what he's done to my cars.

Twice in two weeks now we've had to call the cops on him and each time the tires on my car and my wifes car have been slashed the next morning.

There are no security cams in the lot, and no community watch, and my wife and I live on the back side of the building so we can't see the lot at night.

We've pretty much given up at this point, we're putting our place on the market this month and taking what we can get and leaving.

I have thought of retaliation: maybe gluing his gas cap on with super strength epoxy, or doing all four of his tires and epoxying the lug nuts on so they have to be torched off. But knowing my luck I'd get caught and arrested. I think we're just gonna move, we've been tortured enough by this guy.

-Steve

If, as you said, hes spit in your face, that in most states constitutes assault. Id suggest you press charges.

Comment

Originally posted by RD
                That sucks.

Cut his brake lines...

A kid i went to college with did that. The guy flew out into an intersection and was t-boned. Campus cameras confirmed that this kid cut the brake lines. Guess who was charged with attempted murder.

Comment

Slash Tires, Sugar in gas tank, egg + salami the bastards car.

Key ghost flames into his car also.
                  Originally posted by horns666
                  The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                    Key ghost flames into his car also.

I think youll have to call FMIC to see if that qualifies as master built.

Comment

fit a light w/ a motion sensor in your car lot. that is the first thing you want to do right now.
                      that alone will scare most of the would be assailants away.
                      second.. dont sleep that night and tape him slashing your tires, then file suit for the one caught on tape, and the previous slashings.

or the alternative, buy a gun, wait for him till he starts slashing your tires, call the cops, shoot him in the ass, wait for the police. he is on your property, so you'll get away with it.
                      You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

are you a condo owner, or renter?
                        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

No, do NOT go to that assholes level. Contact the police and explain what happened. Make a vandalism report for the tires..and tell them of your ongoing problems with this male in the past. Advise the officer that this is retaliation for calling the police on him..they should have those dates logged in their duty reports. Call on him again if he is acting a fool, don't confront him..just call the police. If he threatens you with bodily harm..perfect..that's menacing or aggravatted menacing / named suspect..the latter being a felony. That means a detective will follow up or recommend a mediation...hopefully squashing this bullshit. If he spits in your face or merely "touches" you or threatens you with bodily harm or property damage..call the police ..make a report and FOLLOW UP with a prosecutor or a detective will contact you if it is a felony..like I said before.

I just took care of the same kind of asshole on my mom's street that my bro-in-law and her have been having problems with. He was on his porch with his buds..I approached them with respect but told them they have to knock off their bullshit. They didn't get stupid with me, but made it obvious that I wasn't concerned if they did. They apologized and shook my hand..all of them. Then they stopped at my mom's house and apoligized to her..and everything is congenial. They promised they would never drag race, and cause any problems for her and my sister's husband again. They told her and my sister if they ever do get loud when they're having a good time. Just let them know..and they will respect her wishes. I was happy that I was able to squash two years of compiling bullshit in a matter of ten minutes. Sometimes it doesn't go that smooth and you have to call the police..then so be it. But NEVER go to the level of an asshole.

So if you can't squash the problem yourself..that is what the police is for.

Good luck and keep me posted.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Condo owner. I've complained to the association about it and they say, "call the police, there's nothing we can do".

I think this guy knows someone with influence because the cops have done just about as little as they can do in the last 26 months to stop this crap. I had one officer, a detective, leave me a voicemail and say he was going to do an investigation into the matter. 3 months and about 15 phone calls later the 'detective' has never returned my calls or followed up in any way. Now they send a different officer every time now instead of the same one that they were sending before, so it's like I have to give the entire 2 year history every time an officer shows up. Something ain't right here, Or Im just paranoid.

-Steve
                            Last edited by UFORocks; 04-06-2008, 04:03 PM.
                            Guitars:
                            Amp:
                            VOX AD30VT

Comment

there are by-laws with every condo assoc. and this has go on way to long. if they have not addressed it via warnings, fines, etc. I would talk to a laywer about sueing the association. being told there is nothing they can do is BS. the assoc. has rules for just for this kind of shit, and for not acting on you behalf, they should be liable. they have insurance so use it. perhaps they will settle and buy you out or what ever costs you have to come up with to make the move. with the records of calls you have made to the police, it should be an non issue.

Bill gave the best advice. no guns, no assult ..... just keep calling the police and an attorney
                              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                              X