2008 Stanley Cup goes to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Stanley Cup goes to...

this season's playoff seems to be wide open...

the Stars can't seem to get out of the first round... and this year we draw the Ducks if it's not hard to get to the finals, it's not worth it right?
    the first round should be a brutal series for both
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Flames end up with the Sharks...i'd rather play the Ducks!

Comment

Detroit v. Pittsburgh
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Ducks vs Devils

Great defense always prevails this time of year.

As much as I would like to see a Pens vs Red Wings series, it's not gonna happen. I'd happily eat crow if the Pens make it that far though.

Comment

Penguins vs Detroit

Don't know much about the west, but Detroit has a solid team in the dozen odd games I've seen them play. Washington, the Rangers, and the Penguins lack defense, though the Pens seem to get every call to go there way. Ottawa sucks. New Jersey is solid, but is only average when it comes to offensive weapons. Montreal and Boston are solid teams, but both have question marks for goal tending. The Flyers are probably the best rounded team in the East, with solid defense, a fantastic offense, and steady goal tending. I don't think though they can sustain themselves in a series due to lack of experience.

Comment

Detroit is always badass regular season but has been choking in the playoffs the last 5 years or so.

On That note, the West doesnt matter...

GO HABS GO!
            Out Of Ideas

Comment

I want to see Hasek dominate the playoffs like he did the Olympics 10 years ago.

Comment

Rangers Devils has the most rivalry along with Boston-Montreal which makes it hard for the winning team of that first round to keep the energy level they had in the first round. i think a team from the west will win in the end, but anything can happen. The rangers almost swept the devils as they took 7 of the 8 games they played, but 3 were shootouts, and the regular season means nothing now. Watch out for the Caps, hot as a pistol.
                dethroning the ducks and or detroit is going to be a tall order.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I don't predict because anything and everything can and will happen in the playoffs I'd love to see a Detroit vs. Montreal final and the Wings win in 7...why you ask? because 1) I'm a crazy Wings fan, 2) 3 cups for the Wings since 97 isnt enough and 3) always love original 6 matchups...the history of those two teams would make for a special final and be good for the NHL I'm not saying it can or will happen...just that I'd like to see it
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

San Jose..............

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
                      Detroit is always badass regular season but has been choking in the playoffs the last 5 years or so.

On That note, the West doesnt matter...

GO HABS GO!
                      my wife and I are huge Kovalev fans
                      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                      Amp... Pioneer
                      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Don't know anything about the West, but I'm thinking the Flyers meet Pittsburgh in the second round and we go seven games in a fantastic series. Then Jersey will come in and sweep whoever wins. Jersey will then lose to the Western team in the finals.

I'll take a wild guess and say that we'll see the Avs in the finals after Foppa finally fixes his stupid foot.

edit: wait, the flyers can't meet the pens in the second round, so make the flyers beating jersey in the second round to lose to the pens in 7 in the third round.

Code:

[FONT=Courier New]Montreal     -- M[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Courier New]              |----[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Courier New]Boston       --   |  P[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Courier New]                  |-----[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Courier New]Pittsburgh   -- P |     |[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Courier New]              |----     |[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Courier New]Ottawa       --         |   Pit[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Courier New]                        |-------[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Courier New]Washington   -- P       |[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Courier New]              |----|    |[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Courier New]Philadelphia --    |  P |[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Courier New]                   |----|[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Courier New]New Jersey   -- J  |[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Courier New]              |----|[/FONT]
                        [FONT=Courier New]New York     --[/FONT]
                        Last edited by Spivonious; 04-08-2008, 09:13 AM.
                        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                          I don't predict because anything and everything can and will happen in the playoffs I'd love to see a Detroit vs. Montreal final and the Wings win in 7...why you ask? because 1) I'm a crazy Wings fan, 2) 3 cups for the Wings since 97 isnt enough and 3) always love original 6 matchups...the history of those two teams would make for a special final and be good for the NHL I'm not saying it can or will happen...just that I'd like to see it
                          on that line of thinking i'd like to see the Habs get another cup. the fans really deserve it... every game i've seen in Montreal it's loud and a sea of red jersey's... that's the way it should be across the league.
                          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                          Amp... Pioneer
                          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I think Detroit will likely emerge from the West unless their goaltending lets them down.

The East is much harder to predict. I really think Ovechkin is a dominant player but the Caps are just too thin, talent-wise and they are the #3 seed only due to NHL rules. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pens make the East Finals but I don't think they are good enough this season to make it all the way. I'd also love to see the Blueshirts win the East but I think the Devils are the likely East team to play for Lord Stanley's silver chalice.
                            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I will take the AVs

Comment

Working...
                              X