No announcement yet.

2008 Stanley Cup goes to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regardless of reasoning, two handed slashes are NOT part of hockey. I hope Riberio dosent get suspended, he'll get better payback on the ice. No harmmno foul, only down side is it was called a match penalty so it has to be reviewed by the league. Turco flapping his jaw is like pot calling the kettle black...like shots to the back of the head, slashes to the back of the legs and tripping are all classy stuff? I think Dallas feels the heat and I've never seen Tippett so vocal in an uncool kinda whiney way before.

Unless Dallas changes quickly I don't think they have an answer. Dallas looked better but really, Detroit didnt play very well. Detroit will beat them with whatever style they want..puck possession, physical, dump and chase...bring it. This Wings team is not SOFT. I expect a heated game 3 and he who keeps his cool wins. Dallas will come out flying at the AAC, hit hard and often and then get flustered when the hits have no affect. Looking forward to it...when hate enters the game...you have a series Game 2 is how I expected this series to go and I expect a long series with close games.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

• I'm surprised Turco didn't get at least one penalty. That was some Ron Hextall type stuff he was pulling. HE had a solid night, and so did the team. Issue is, you know he is going to give up at least 2 goals a night. Dallas is only going to score maybe one or two. While I'm strongly "If you're only going to score X, you can only give up X", it's very hard to win on one goal. Dallas just doesn't have the weapons sadly.

That hit Riberio made was uncalled for. He should be out of it for Game 3 IMO. Osgood though should not go unpenalized either, as he rolled around like he had just be sliced by a machete. Hell, it even brook Riberio's stick like a twig. What makes that scary though is if Riberio had missed and Osgood had moved and it hit him in the head. It ALMOST looked like he was aiming for Osgood's head.

Btw, speaking of rowdy players, the Wildman is going to be on the ice tonight for the Flyers

Comment

• The difference is that Ribeiro retaliated AFTER THE GAME WAS OVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
          I'm surprised Turco didn't get at least one penalty.
          He did get 1, though he kept on doing the same thing and probably should have got 1 or 2 more.

Comment

• Flyers just dodged a bullet by the disallowed goal.
            Last edited by Razor; 05-11-2008, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
              Flyers just dodged a bullet by the disallowed goal.
              No doubt...unless that puck was shaped like a big Twinkie, I don't know how they miss that call.

Weird officiating tonight...they've made weak calls against each team (legit but pretty ticky-tac for playoff hockey) while obvious infractions go unpenalized. I don't get it.

2-2 heading into the third. Pens are out-skating them but the Flyers are still generating some good shots. Anybody's game right now.

Comment

• Horrible calls on both sides. That goal also should of been disallowed. Remember, it has to be conclusive. A single blurry frame is not conclusive unless you have piss yellow tinted glasses. Of course it didn't matter, as they played like crap in the third. Defense stunk up the joint, which was to some degree expected after Coburn went down. Without Coburn, they're screwed, especially if they keep having flashbacks to last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                  Horrible calls on both sides. That goal also should of been disallowed. Remember, it has to be conclusive. A single blurry frame is not conclusive unless you have piss yellow tinted glasses. Of course it didn't matter, as they played like crap in the third. Defense stunk up the joint, which was to some degree expected after Coburn went down. Without Coburn, they're screwed, especially if they keep having flashbacks to last season.
                  So you really mean to tell me while you were watching this game that you didn't think...holy shit, that did go in???

I didn't need tinted glasses to see that one went in Helen Keller. Maybe you should clean the orange tinted ones at the start of the game and between periods.

Even up first, Flyers better team in the second and the Pens won the third when it mattered the most.

Hatcher was a possessed man tonight, he played a solid game and was hitting anything that moved. Hartnell is going to get his ass spanked before this series is over. Thanks Downie for coughing up the puck for the game winner...I hope he has nightmares about that one for a while.

Comment

• I get the "inconclusive" call, but if you know what a puck is shaped like, you know it was a good goal...a blown original call by the official. Oh well, it didn't matter. Probably karma for that quick whistle against the Rangers that saved a goal against from counting

Too bad about Coburn...he took a nasty shot. I hope it's just a cut and no real damage. I'm not sure exactly where it hit him but I hope it didn't fracture a cheekbone or eye socket.

Things were getting a bit more heated...game 3 in Philly will most likely be a brawl. I've always considered Philly to be cheap shot artists but they've been playing it clean but mean for the MOST PART. I'm actually surprised that the Pens seem to be taking more liberties than they've been known to do...I noticed that Malkin cracked somebody with a pretty nasty elbow to the head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                      I'm actually surprised that the Pens seem to be taking more liberties than they've been known to do...I noticed that Malkin cracked somebody with a pretty nasty elbow to the head.
                      Considering Briere had his head at his waist. If you go low to avoid the hit then things like that happen.

Comment

• Yeah that was a goal, but the ref called it no-goal on the ice and the replay didn't prove it conclusively either way, so the on-ice call stands.

The holding call on Hatcher was bogus too (which led to a Pens goal), so the bad calls went both ways.

I did have a slight feeling that the Pens were getting away with trips and hooks and the Flyers weren't allowed to touch anyone without drawing a penalty, but that's been happening the entire playoffs.

Losing Coburn was huge. WIthout him and Timmonen our defense is screwed. Where's Desjardins when you need him?

The Flyers looked a lot better than Game 1. I think the long break messed up the rhythm they had from the first two series. Hopefully they get it back and dictate the play in Game 3.
                        Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                          Considering Briere had his head at his waist. If you go low to avoid the hit then things like that happen.
                          Briere's pretty short. And regardless of how your body is positioned, an elbow is an elbow. I'd just like to see some consistency in the calls.
                          Scott

Comment

• Losing Timonen and Coburn is tough, but I don't think a lack of defense has been the big issue. The lack of production from the top forwards is killing Philly. Richards has looked great...his two goals in game 1 may not have been too pretty but his interception of Malkin's pass and subsequent shorthanded breakaway goal in game 2 were great.

I was hoping to see Larocque get Hatcher to drop his gloves but he wouldn't do it...pussy

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                              Losing Timonen and Coburn is tough, but I don't think a lack of defense has been the big issue. The lack of production from the top forwards is killing Philly. Richards has looked great...his two goals in game 1 may not have been too pretty but his interception of Malkin's pass and subsequent shorthanded breakaway goal in game 2 were great.

I was hoping to see Larocque get Hatcher to drop his gloves but he wouldn't do it...pussy
                              Agreed. Prospal needs to take a punt to the head. He's looked like crap. Carter hasn't been too great either save for that goal. The Flyers also had real trouble getting their matchups with lines, due to lack of line change opportunities most of the game. Biron looked sharper though except for that first goal. I think by Game 3 this team will be back into the swing of things. If not, game set and match.

On D, I was hoping they would shift Kapanen to D for some time, as he's done it before and been solid at it. Hatcher was just too fatigued. Downie also didn't do much, but he wasn't on the ice all that much too. As for a fill in Dman, they can always put Rathje in Coburn is a concern though. I think it hit him right between the eyes, maybe a bit to his left eye. I know he said it's swollen shut. Very few players get out of those without a concussion or some other injury that keeps them sidelined.

Comment

• Even though Prospal/Briere haven't produced any quality chances, I think it's because the Pens keep them pretty well contained, not from a lack of effort.

We'll see how much the Philly crowd helps the orange and black tomorrow night.
                                Last edited by Spivonious; 05-12-2008, 03:03 PM.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X