Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
    Weird officiating tonight...they've made weak calls against each team
    I say every night. Every game I've watched the officiating has been JUNIOR!!!

At least not as bad as the IIHF officiating...a 'reviewed goal' that goes in through the SIDE of the net counts EVEN AFTER REVIEW!!

I guess the NHL can be thankful(?).
    My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodwood View Post
      I say every night. Every game I've watched the officiating has been JUNIOR!!!

At least not as bad as the IIHF officiating...a 'reviewed goal' that goes in through the SIDE of the net counts EVEN AFTER REVIEW!!

I guess the NHL can be thankful(?).
      It's not even that the calls are wrong, but it's playoff hockey...let the stuff that doesn't affect the flow of the game slide. Even though that penalty on Hatcher was explained away as correct by the commentators, I thought it was weak. Even worse for a Flyers fan is that it lead to a PP goal (although I don't feel bad because of the blown call on Gonchar's goal earlier on).

Those two calls on Ruutu were awful...he got hammered on both plays. I suspect the refs get tired of hearing him run his mouth so they call those ones both ways so as to eliminate the PP (although 4 on 4 benefits the Pens).

The worse thing of all are the no-calls on plays to DO affect the game...I don't get it. At least it seems to be consistent across the board so nobody is really benefiting.

Comment

• I don't think the officiating is ever going to be much better than it is currently.

It's too hard to make all of the calls correctly in real time.

Comment

• DATSYUK!

Comment

• red wings 5-2 over the stars take a commanding 3-0 series lead. stars look a step slower than red wings. rounds 1 and 2 were tough on the stars, the red wings are a good team (kills me to say that ) they just can't find extra energy to match the red wings. hence the defensive breakdowns. game 4 wed. @ 7:00.
            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
            Amp... Pioneer
            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

• I still say the Wings will sweep the Stars. They just can't match Detroit. You think you have them where you want them and they get away from you. That Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom line is the best in hockey. Zetterberg alone is almost unstoppable. And Detroits puck movement is second to none.

I'll be watching game 4 with broom in hand.
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• The Wings look dominant right now. They will be tough to beat.

Comment

• It isn't hard to imagine both series going in 4 at this point.

I can't see Pittsburgh being able to contend with Detroit though...a team of men...and many talented ones at that. Not to mention the two best defensemen in the NHL.
                  My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Comment

It isn't hard to imagine both series going in 4 at this point.

I can't see Pittsburgh being able to contend with Detroit though...a team of men...and many talented ones at that. Not to mention the two best defensemen in the NHL.
                    I think you're looking ahead too soon. Maybe if the Flyers loose tonight or your a member of the Pittsburgh press, but if the Flyers win tonight, I can see it going 7.

Comment

• What a pathetic effort. Flyers don't deserve to win it putting an effort like that out, and it looks like they aren't. Granted, it's been a good run and they shouldn't even be here, but the fact only maybe 4 guys on that team have put the effort forth (Richards, Carter, Umberger, and Hartnell) is frustrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                        I think you're looking ahead too soon. Maybe if the Flyers loose tonight or your a member of the Pittsburgh press, but if the Flyers win tonight, I can see it going 7.
                        Hopefully the Pens put the Flyers away for good Thursday. Once again, officiating by McCreary's crew was pathetic. WTF was up with the bullshit hooking calls they were calling in the first?

Detroit is a purely awesome team that has impressed me all season long. What amazes me is that they can play the finesse game, or they can bang and grind with the best of them. They have made Dallas look terrible, and Dallas looked pretty good until this series.

Glad to see Downie in the lineup again tonight.

I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to post the updated stats on Biron versus Fleury.

Comment

• Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                          What a pathetic effort. Flyers don't deserve to win it putting an effort like that out, and it looks like they aren't. Granted, it's been a good run and they shouldn't even be here, but the fact only maybe 4 guys on that team have put the effort forth (Richards, Carter, Umberger, and Hartnell) is frustrating.
                          I disagree. They are really trying out there but can't get anything going because the Pens defense just shuts them down. That and Briere is just getting mauled out there. Reminds me a lot of the Devils back in the late 90s. The Flyers get frustrated, make stupid mistakes, and Crosby/Malkin/Hossa take advantage. I think in previous series it was Timmonen who would rush back and prevent any goals from the mistakes.

I'd love to see the Flyers take at least one, just to avoid the sweep, but there's no way the Flyers win this series. I'm not that upset, since going from last place to the Conference Finals isn't too shabby. Once some of these guys get some experience, the Flyers will be the team to beat. This series has definitely shown that we don't have a lot of depth on the blue line.
                          Scott

Comment

• well game four is tonight for the red wings and stars... regardless if they force game five or not, dallas can finally start making moves to improve themselves for the playoffs... for the past five season they have built teams to win the pacific division, that couldn't get out of the first round now that they have made it to the later rounds, they need to build a team that can compete with the red wings again. with our defense being as young as they are... getting a couple of wins would be huge for next season, confidence wise. the future is bright for the stars
                            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                            Amp... Pioneer
                            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                              I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to post the updated stats on Biron versus Fleury.
                              Biron doesn't have a series against Ottawa to pad his stats and he doesn't have some of his best D men to solidify his team's efforts either. Getting the Philly line-up a bit beat up along the way is exactly what the Pens were hoping to accomplish by dodging them initially. It worked for them.

What trick are they going to try against Detroit...will Mario suit up?

Comment

Biron doesn't have a series against Ottawa to pad his stats and he doesn't have some of his best D men to solidify his team's efforts either. Getting the Philly line-up a bit beat up along the way is exactly what the Pens were hoping to accomplish by dodging them initially. It worked for them.

What trick are they going to try against Detroit...will Mario suit up?
                                thanks, i didn't think of that one! dallas is injury riddled too... that's why the red wings are up on us 3-0, i didn't think it had anything to do with being outworked, outhustled, and capitalizing on our mistakes.
                                Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                                Amp... Pioneer
                                Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                                X