2008 Stanley Cup goes to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
    Maybe. I think the Stars needed that time to get over the 4 overtime game with the Sharks. I didn't think so until I saw how good they have played the last 2 games. They are playing like they did against San Jose.
    well they dug themselves a pretty big hole recovering from those "two" series. i'll be honest with you... anything they have done or do after anahiem and san jose is gravy... but let's play tonight and see what happens.
    just enjoying the ride
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

• Fleury has definitely played better than I expected. He never really had a 'rusty' time after returning from the ankle injury. His D is playing well in front of him too. I think things might have been a lot different had they met in the 1st round like they should have.
      My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodwood View Post
        I think things might have been a lot different had they met in the 1st round like they should have.
        what differance would that have made? the penguins were a better team in the regular season and showed it to them in the post season too. bottom line is they got beat in 5 games... the last one they got drilled and shut out... what more did the penguins have to do to convince you?
        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
        Amp... Pioneer
        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

• Pens aren't playing any better/worse now than in any of the previous rounds. They've destroyed every team they've seen. If they had met Philly in the first round, Flyers fans wouldn't have as much to feel good about going into the off-season...

When you lose a game of that magnitude 6-0... you weren't good enough.
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

• Originally posted by nor View Post
            Pens aren't playing any better/worse now than in any of the previous rounds. They've destroyed every team they've seen. If they had met Philly in the first round, Flyers fans wouldn't have as much to feel good about going into the off-season...

When you lose a game of that magnitude 6-0... you weren't good enough.
            Actually, considering most of us thought they would miss the playoffs, if by a small margin, it still wouldn't of been too bad I think the fans are in general are disappointed with the effort put forth. But thats why the Pens won the series 4-1 and the last game 6-0. They put the extra mile into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodwood View Post
              Fleury has definitely played better than I expected. He never really had a 'rusty' time after returning from the ankle injury. His D is playing well in front of him too. I think things might have been a lot different had they met in the 1st round like they should have.
              Yeah, the Pens would have been fresher and most likely would have swept them

Looks like Pens/Wings this Saturday. Should be one heck of a series!

Comment

• I'll be glued to the TV this Saturday night. It's going to be a good series.

Comment

• what an awesome run by the stars... took out the ducks in 6, the sharks in 6... then pretty much got it handed to them in 6 by the red wings
                  beat us this year, next year we'll be a tough team to beat. tap my stick on the ice and shake any red wing fan's hand in good sportsmanship... good luck in the finals... face offs will be the key, the penguins are fast and young enough to give any team trouble. should be a great series.
                  Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                  Amp... Pioneer
                  Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

• I think it will be a good series.

The Stars had their chances but their powerplay was bad tonight. Detroit came out with the intensity that they have been missing the last 2 games and got on them early. Tough to rebound when they do that. Zetterbergs shorthanded goal was sweet too.

Can't wait for Saturday.
                    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I think it will be a good series.

The Stars had their chances but their powerplay was bad tonight. Detroit came out with the intensity that they have been missing the last 2 games and got on them early. Tough to rebound when they do that. Zetterbergs shorthanded goal was sweet too.

Can't wait for Saturday.
                      stars couldn't find a permanent answer for zetterberg they slowed him down for a few games... the stars looked like they realized what they had a shot at doing, then played like they were nervous... credit detroit for putting them in that position.
                      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                      Amp... Pioneer
                      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Can't wait for Saturday.
                        I realize its all about the TV but my god, Saturday? Most people will think the playoffs ended by then. They could have at least started game one on Thursday.
                        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                          Detroit v. Pittsburgh
                          I hate to rub it in, but here is my prediction from April 8, 2008.

You may now call me Nostradamus.
                          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                            I realize its all about the TV but my god, Saturday? Most people will think the playoffs ended by then. They could have at least started game one on Thursday.
                            +1. When I was sitting there thinking when the Finals would start, Thursday seemed right to me, then I heard it was Saturday. That's too long, I think.
                            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• While we're gloating, look at this post of mine from April 10th:

Just the reason why the Flyers will make it to the Eastern Finals
                              Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                                Ducks vs Devils

Great defense always prevails this time of year.

As much as I would like to see a Pens vs Red Wings series, it's not gonna happen. I'd happily eat crow if the Pens make it that far though.
                                It pains me to be so wrong on my prediction...

Wait...I just didn't want to jinx my team...yeah, that's the ticket.

Comment

Working...
                                X