2008 Stanley Cup goes to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razor,
    So where does one find Crow on the menu in West Virginia?

I wouldn't have picked the Wings or the Pens at the start of the season. I figured the Sharks would get there and I had no clue in the East, don't watch the East much.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
      It pains me to be so wrong on my prediction...

Wait...I just didn't want to jinx my team...yeah, that's the ticket.
      You were right about strong defense being key though.
      Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
        Razor,
        So where does one find Crow on the menu in West Virginia?
        Anywhere along the road...road kill is still on the menu of our more established restaurants. :ROTF:
        Last edited by Razor; 05-20-2008, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• hehehehehehehehehehe.

Comment

• Both teams have yet to meet an opponent in the playoffs of high calibre (sorry Dallas, not there yet)

Detroit hasnt seen a more potent offense as Pittsburghs. Pittsburgh hasent seen such a powerhouse defensive teams as Detroit. Fleury better ready for some rubber coming his way, same goes for Chris Osgood, he's going to face a little more shots.

Unfortunately I have a feeling it will be decided by special teams. The Pens and "Crosby rules" will go on the PP twice as much as the Wings yet only have the puck 40% of the time. heck i bet even it Pittsburgh loses, Bettman hands his boy the cup anyway

On paper the teams match up well and seem evenly matched. I think Detroit comes out more experience and are much stronger defensively.... and Zetterberg and Datsyuk are better 2 way players than Crosby and Malkin. Depth will matter, secondary scoring for both teams could also be the deciding factor
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

• What's the deal with Franzen?

Comment

• Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                What's the deal with Franzen?
                Still "day to day with concussion-like symptoms".

He may be out for the year. I know they don't play around with brain injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                  What's the deal with Franzen?
                  Headache free for 2 days, he can only do light workouts, not cleared to play yet. I have a feeling there is more to this than what has been made public. They said he passed two different medical evaluations and nothing was found. If that were the case they'd give him an advil and a #93 sweater
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Could be like what the Flyers are going through with Gagne... making sure he doesn't have mellonhead/Lindros syndrome, and convincing him so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                      +1. When I was sitting there thinking when the Finals would start, Thursday seemed right to me, then I heard it was Saturday. That's too long, I think.
                      the nhl sucks at scheduling period

hell on sunday they had the pens game, memorial cup, AND world championship finals all in the same span

i mean jesus christ spread it out and and avoid conflicts!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat View Post
                        the nhl sucks at scheduling period

hell on sunday they had the pens game, memorial cup, AND world championship finals all in the same span

i mean jesus christ spread it out and and avoid conflicts!
                        You got that right. Many people are starting to get interested in other things by the time the finals start. Then...when it does get going if it goes to 7 games this year it will be
                        game 1 Saturday May 24
                        game 4 Saturday May 31
                        game 7 Saturday June 7

That's way too long. What are they doing with that much time between games?

Anyway, the two teams are powerhouses.

Pittsburgh looks better up front even if Franzen was back for Detroit (btw...did he even get a significant hit?). The Penns 3rd and 4th lines are MUCH better than Detroit's on paper.

Detroit looks stronger on the Defense with the two Niks and crazy robotman Chelios.

The goalies are looking almost even but with Fleury consistently surprising maybe the edge goes to him.

Experience edge goes to Detroit but with teams now being able to play game by game with 'one game at a time' headspace does that matter as much? Pittsburgh looks calm and cool unlike the deer in the headlights look that they had last year for the playoffs.
                        My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• well this is it... an end to an incredible ride in this years stanley cup playoffs... to everyone who has joined in this thread, i thank you for giving your take on your teams mindset and yours . i've thought about
                          it for a few days... i'm going with the penguins in 6 games, imo hossa will be the differance. the wings have firepower... but the pens have just as much and they are younger.
                          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                          Amp... Pioneer
                          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

• Originally posted by dk2magic View Post
                            i'm going with the penguins in 6 games, imo hossa will be the differance. the wings have firepower... but the pens have just as much and they are younger.
                            I like the way you think!

Comment

• Great...start off by disallowing a goal with crappy officiating. Good way to show that they'll be consistent anyway. Like they are saying "we've been crappy all the way through and now that we are in the finals we will remain crappy."
                              My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Bad call on Holmstrom aside, the game has been fantastic so far...

Comment

Working...
                                X