No announcement yet.

2008 Stanley Cup goes to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great game... chances at both ends... finished by a flurry of chances by detroit... that's why i love this game
    bottom line the penguins wanted it more tonight, and got the result they needed.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

• Hopefully Holmstrom will be fine.

It seemed like Datsyuk and Zetterberg played almost half the game - how many minutes did they have?

Comment

• Don't know. Everytime I looked up the Cleary line was out there. They didn't put the Zetterberg line against the Crosby line at the start of the game. Don't know why, that line has done well against the Crosby line. And tonight Crosby got 2 goals.

They played more in the 3rd though.
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• I missed the game, and that hurt alone like a motherfukker. Give me the skinny.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
            Don't know. Everytime I looked up the Cleary line was out there. They didn't put the Zetterberg line against the Crosby line at the start of the game. Don't know why, that line has done well against the Crosby line. And tonight Crosby got 2 goals.

They played more in the 3rd though.
            Pens had home ice so they got to choose the matchups. When they saw the Wings first line out there, they started their checking line.

Pittsburgh played much better after a slow start...the first two periods were almost the reverse of game one. They also got a few opportunistic bounces that they hadn't gotten in the first two games. I counted at least three goals that Hossa could have/should have had. The Pens also played a physical game tonight without taking as many stupid penalties as they did in game 2.

That said, I still thought Detroit looked better overall. Both teams missed on some great chances but when it came down to it in the third period, it seemed that the Wings were handling the puck much better while the Pens got sloppier. Fleury made some sick saves to keep them in it (even though that second goal he gave up was WEAK!). Franzen's goal was the play of the night...Stall, Whitney, and Fleury all looked like they expected him to pass the puck, and they got burnt for it.

I think the Pens will need to play better to win game four and they will definitely have to do a better job converting chances. Too many goals were left on the ice tonight.

Comment

• Zetterberg played 24:40!

Lidstrom played less than 1 minute more than him.

Comment

• I caught the last 10 minutes and Detroit was thoroughly outplaying the Penguins. Pittsburgh is very lucky they won that game. I predict Detroit in 5.
                Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                  I caught the last 10 minutes and Detroit was thoroughly outplaying the Penguins. Pittsburgh is very lucky they won that game. I predict Detroit in 5.
                  Thats basically meaningless. In the last 10 minutes all you saw was the Pens trying to hang onto their lead while Detroit tried in desperation to score. What you saw really isn't a representation of anything worthy of basing a prediction on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                    Thats basically meaningless. In the last 10 minutes all you saw was the Pens trying to hang onto their lead while Detroit tried in desperation to score. What you saw really isn't a representation of anything worthy of basing a prediction on.
                    I've been watching hockey long enough to realize when one team is better than the other one. Pittsburgh will be lucky to win the next game.
                    Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                      I've been watching hockey long enough to realize when one team is better than the other one. Pittsburgh will be lucky to win the next game.
                      If you didn't see the rest of the game, your opinion based on the last 10 minutes is meaningless. Pittsburgh was no longer attacking so there's really nothing on which to base an opinion regarding play.

I agree that Detroit is the better team, but if someone watched all of game three, they would most likely say otherwise...regardless of how long they've been watching hockey.

Comment

• I don't think anyone was clearly outplayed. It was the most exciting game I've seen in a long time. Both teams seemed to be playing better at different times throughout the game.

I'd say it was dead even except for a couple bad passes made by Detroit, causing them to lose.

Comment

• I think it was an evenly matched game as well. Frankly, I thought the Pens outplayed the Wings. Well, except for about the last 10 minutes. The seemed quicker and their puck movement was better. And they starting crashing the goal which helped them score.

All in all, it was a great game. I have no clue who will win on Saturday.

Comment

• another day of NBC (Nothing But Crosby) talk I hate breaking the every other day cycle

The Pens played much better at times and jumped on some costly mistakes by Detroit in their own. Osgood played ok, Crosbys first goal was kinda soft and Ozzie get got caught out of position on the bank shot. I give the Pens credit, they played (at times) with desperation, played physical and Crosby elevated the entire team...he had it going on. nonetheless they'll have to be better if they want to extend this further...was a one shot game even with Detroit takin off the second period.

You don't try to hang on the a lead against the Red Wings Rupe, The Wings dominated the 3rd period of game 3 as they did most of a games 1 and 2.

Holmstrom got a can opnener and tweaked a knee. He says he'll be good to go in game 4 but the team practiced today with lines that indicated they'll be ready regardless of how Homer feels after tomorrows morning skate.

Bengal....24 minutes for a forward in the NHL is too much ice time.

Game 4 should be a good one, its time for Pavel Datsyuk to get er going offensively and get some points in the finals....btw...how about that in game audio of Malone being mic'd up when Pavs buried his ass? that was funny and almost worth the loss
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Shawn,
                              Agreed, 24 minutes is a lot. But when that line is about the only one being productive on a consistant basis, you dance with who brought you.

Didn't seem like 24 minutes while watching the game though.

But then again, Zetterburg averaged 22 minutes per game during the season. I don't feel they are overworking him at all.
                              Last edited by Bengal; 05-30-2008, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                                You don't try to hang on the a lead against the Red Wings Rupe, The Wings dominated the 3rd period of game 3 as they did most of a games 1 and 2.
                                I agree, tell that to Therrien!

Comment

Working...
                                X