No announcement yet.

2008 Stanley Cup goes to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i see this being a long series... if the penguins come out and get the early lead, they will get even more confidence... something they don't need (if your a red wing fan). penguins will look at it as they held off a red wing team that was very desperate in the last 10 mins of game 3. so now they know they can hold a lead when the heats on. that's dangerous for the red wings. i really think the red wings need this game sat. add to that malkin has been quiet so far and you figure he's due for a big game. if it gets 2-2 you would have to say the penguins are getting better as this series goes along... so end it quick. then it flips to detroit needing to make adjustments.

we'll see sat on NBC
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
      I agree, tell that to Therrien!
      +10
      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
        Shawn,
        Agreed, 24 minutes is a lot. But when that line is about the only one being productive on a consistant basis, you dance with who brought you.

Didn't seem like 24 minutes while watching the game though.

But then again, Zetterburg averaged 22 minutes per game during the season. I don't feel they are overworking him at all.

if he (or Babcock) managed the durations of the shifts they it could work gettign 22+ minutes. Pav and Hank were getting spent out there taking way too long of shifts...wears ya down and makes you ineffective as teh game progresses. You want short shifts, 35-45 seconds
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Detroit handles adversity well, and that's where they have the advantage maybe a little more over the penguins for the series. If the Pens don't win the next game, it's toast, be it in 5, 6, or 7.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
            if he (or Babcock) managed the durations of the shifts they it could work gettign 22+ minutes. Pav and Hank were getting spent out there taking way too long of shifts...wears ya down and makes you ineffective as teh game progresses. You want short shifts, 35-45 seconds
            No doubt about that at all. They played a bit worn out on game 3.
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• If I was Babcock I would have Dats or Zetterburg out for any shift and have the bench ready to adjust when needed according to who was on ice for Pittsburgh.

If Detroit scores first then Pittsburgh loses this game. If Pittsburgh scores first then they have a 60% chance of winning the game.
              My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodwood View Post
                If Detroit scores first then Pittsburgh loses this game. If Pittsburgh scores first then they have a 60% chance of winning the game.
                Wow, you're quite the hockey scientist!

Scoring first would be great but I don't it's imperative. Going down 2 goals would be the end though IMO.

Comment

• red wings take control of the series... win 2-1 in the igloo... wings took the lead early in the 3rd frame on a backhander by hudler, very soft goal to give up. game 5 mon at the joe. will the cup be raised? we'll see...
                  Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                  Amp... Pioneer
                  Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

• It's over for the Pens. The Wings have that killer instinct that it'll take the Pens another couple of years to develope. As much as I'd like to see a rally, I don't see it happening. At least the Pens started keeping the score close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                      Wow, you're quite the hockey scientist!
                      I like to think so...

It is just a matter of watching what the teams are capable of. Detroit is capable of coming back and winning against Pittsburgh if Pittsburgh scores first. I don't think Pittsburgh is capable of winning if Detroit scores first.

That's why when Pittsburgh scored first I knew Detroit wasn't out of it.

Seriously, the only thing I have been dead wrong on in the 2008 playoffs is that I stated that Colorado wouldn't get swept. I figured that they were good for 1 win. I have been hoping against Pittsburgh the whole playoffs for reasons already stated but that has never made me pick them to lose a series until this one.

Just put Zetterburg's name on the Conn Smythe now please.
                      My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Comment

• YAY!

Good game though. Man, that 6 minutes or so without a whistle was some of the best hockey I've seen this year.

The Pens played well, just not good enough. I got a bit worried when the Pens got that first goal, being unbeaten at home in the playoffs. But all good things must end, I guess.
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• Looks like the Pens are done but for the first time this series, I thought they looked like the better team (except for the third when the Wings once again showed that they are the better team). Both of Detroit's goals were soft...Fleury looked like his old self with a lack of concentration. Detroit won the game by killing that 5 on 3 near the end. The Pens had to take advantage of that situation and failed.

What I find the most difficult to understand is how easily Detroit gains the blue line while stopping the Pens from doing the same.
                          Last edited by Rupe; 06-01-2008, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• I was pretty sure the Pens were done before the series began. As I said on another forum on the 15th of May
                            "I want Detroit to teach the kids in Pitts a lesson. A five game lesson."

Comment

• My favorite part was when Datsyuk stole the puck from Fleury, that was awesome!

Comment

• A little off topic, but the best hockey moment Ive seen this season was after the VH show at MSG they let us down the fire escape stairwells and I noticed all the "Rangers Suck" graffiti written in sharpie on the walls.:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                                X