Best place to buy strings online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to buy strings online?

I'm looking for a place where I can buy the DR Extra Life Silver Stars in gauges 10 and 11 and that can ship to Europe at reasonable rates.

I know www.stringsandbeyond.com and I've even bought from them before with good results, but there's no way I'm paying 15$ shipping for 3 packs of strings again while I know the actual shipping is 4-5$!

www.stringitup.com charges 35$ for shipping to EU
    www.juststrings.com charges 35$ for shipping to EU aswell

There's a seller on eBay that has them...but again registered&insured shipping at 35$ only. Other eBayers with low shipping fees don't have these strings in stock .

Does anyone know any other stores?

why dont you buy a huge amount so the shipping doesnt seem that much?

or is that shipping for each item ....
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_shredder View Post
      why dont you buy a huge amount so the shipping doesnt seem that much?
      Because than the value of the whole package is so high that I have to pay customs fees and taxes. And I don't need that many strings at once.

If I buy 3 packs for ~9$ each and pay 5$ for shipping, then that is 32$ or 11$per pack of strings which is 7€. One pack of these DR Extra Life strings costs 13€ anywhere here in EU. This way I can save up to 45% if I buy 3 packs of the strings from USA.

Comment

Why don't you contact the Ebay sellers who offer lower shipping rates, and see if they'll order these strings for you? chances are, though, that you'd have to by 10 or 12 sets for a special order.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
          Why don't you contact the Ebay sellers who offer lower shipping rates, and see if they'll order these strings for you?
          I did, maybe they'll get them in future.

Comment

Not your strings, but I get GHS Boomers from Carvin. I think they are like $2 a pack after shipping in the US (20 sets). WalMart sells these for $3.82 a pack+tax.

The problem is the shipping cost from US to Europe. It would be great if you could find a local supplier.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              The problem is the shipping cost from US to Europe. It would be great if you could find a local supplier.
              Not a problem (put the strings in the envelope and send it off )and not expensive at all, considering how light they are. 4 pound envelope costs 11$ to ship from USA to EU with USPS. How many packages of string can you fit into 4 pounds?

Check this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/DR-Silver-Star-S...mZ290202633483

The calculator at the bottom says 5$ for 3 packs of strings. Why the hell doesn't he have the gauges I'm looking for.
              Last edited by Nazgul; 04-10-2008, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Anyone??

Comment

I have had good luck with strings from here http://www.webstrings.com/ . They will ship to Europe . They are good quialty string IMO.
                  Mike
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Working...
                  X