No announcement yet.

Zakk's Epic Fail...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something similar happened on a Belgian metal festival (Graspop) about 5 years ago.
    Cradle of Filth was playing a lousy set on the mainstage. So lousy they decided to stop playing in the middle of the set. The keyboard player got really upset about the sound and he threw his keyboard in the audience. It hit my someone's head and they had to take him to the first aid booth. He clung onto the keyboard though and he took it home with him :ROTF:

Comment

He did that with the Black and Gold Bullseye a few years ago at OZZFEST in NJ and immediatly after the show I ran into the guys that had it on the floor. They were trying to get out of the arena with it but it wasn't happening. Zakk sent out all the roadies and security and they took the guitar back. The guys that got it were able to have a beer with Zakk and spent a few minutes with him. Nice guy fair deal right 1 guitar for a beer... lol.

Anyways. it is bound to happen if you do stupid shit like throw your main guitars out in a crowd. When I got up to the B/G bullseye I could not believe it was the real deal. I figured he would toss an Epiphone out there but nope. What a fool. Whomever treats there tools of the trade like that does not deserve to have good tools IMO.
      Last edited by Firebird V; 04-16-2008, 12:41 PM.

Comment

LOL The rebel guitar... Ozzy hated that thing and burned it years ago anyway, then Zakk put the bottle caps on it. :ROTF:
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

that was just the fans taking any free guitar from Zakk that they could get their hands on....
          since free guitar giveaways are his specialty....

(cough357cough)
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

When I toured that was my one rule. If you throw your guitar into the crowd, it's gone man. I'm not going in to get it. It never happened.

I agree it's strange he would throw one of his main guitars into the crowd. Pretty stupid to get pissed when you get it back and it's broke. This guy has issues.
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
              that was just the fans taking any free guitar from Zakk that they could get their hands on....
              since free guitar giveaways are his specialty....

(cough357cough)
              :ROTF::ROTF:
              Sam

Comment

Maybe he was trying to have the fans "relic" his LP for him?

Comment

Maybe I'm getting old - I just don't get it... if that LP hits a drunken defenceless guy or girl straight in the head and split it, what then? Tool.
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                    Maybe I'm getting old - I just don't get it... if that LP hits a drunken defenceless guy or girl straight in the head and split it, what then? Tool.
                    That's an interesting question. Didn't Axl get sued for thowing a bottle at someones head in St. Louis? Or is it like a baseball game where it's the person in the audiences responsibility to keep his eye on the game so he doesn't take a ball to the noggin. In that case, I don't think you can sue the baseball team. But the ball is a part of the game. A Les Paul going into the audience is not part of the show, but a good talker could state it is part of the "show".

So who knows? My guess is he'd get sued.

Comment

I think he should be pretty happy that he was able to get it back.
                      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                        That's an interesting question. Didn't Axl get sued for thowing a bottle at someones head in St. Louis? Or is it like a baseball game where it's the person in the audiences responsibility to keep his eye on the game so he doesn't take a ball to the noggin. In that case, I don't think you can sue the baseball team. But the ball is a part of the game. A Les Paul going into the audience is not part of the show, but a good talker could state it is part of the "show".

So who knows? My guess is he'd get sued.

He would definately get sued. Concert venues are responsible for the safety of their patrons, so if a member of the band harmed a member of the audience (or through an act of his, caused them to be harmed) he would likely be sued several times (esp by the venues insurance companies). In large standing-room crowds audience members usually cannot do anything to prevent themselves from being harmed, where exactly are they supposed to go?

oh shit 100th post.

Comment

I've been to several concerts where the drummer, during a drum solo, hits the cymbals at maximum force and let go of the stick at the same time, hurling the stick into the audience like a projectile. Same deal. Cool when you're high. Uncool when you're hit.

Bengaloso buddy, I sure hope bands are sueable if stuff like this happens.
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                            I've been to several concerts where the drummer, during a drum solo, hits the cymbals at maximum force and let go of the stick at the same time, hurling the stick into the audience like a projectile. Same deal. Cool when you're high. Uncool when you're hit.

Bengaloso buddy, I sure hope bands are sueable if stuff like this happens.
                            I would go after whomever has deeper pockets.

Comment

I got nailed in the eye by a drumstick at the end of a Fishbone show back in the day. I was pretty far back, too. Luckily, it kinda caught me from the side & I was fine.

WRT to Zakk, I don't know wtf he expects. He thinks all the fans at a show are supposed to know the deal, like they're all part of his fake biker posse or something? A big act is gonna draw diehards and people who barely know any of your songs. That's where all that money comes from.

Comment

That's the kind of guy he is
                                Check my bands!
                                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
                                X