Zakk's Epic Fail...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
    Dude, that is his "thing"...he's been doing it for 40 years as you say..well, when you've been on stage for 40 years..you can do your "thing" too. You don't like it, don't go see him.
    He's earned his right to be a blithering idiot if he wants to be. Ozzy rocks.

Dude.....chill......no need to....

...get crazy

Comment

I would just love to hear a new Ozzy song that doesn't reference himself in the lyrics or cover the same tired subjects over and over again. War Pigs has already been written Ozzy, no one is going to buy concert tickets for whatever that latest song was he did.

I agree with Bengal, but not just on the guitarist level - Ozzy needs a new source of inspiration that hasn't been a retread of the Randy stuff and the Black Sabbath stuff or going on about how he's crazy still or how he's iron man or not iron man or whatever the hell. The stuff that's been put out just isn't creative anymore.

I like Zakk when he's not taking himself seriously, but the whole biker thing is played out, he's got tha talent to do some good guitar work, but then you hear something like "In this river" and the solo just sounds like he shoved a beer bottle full of speed up his ass and forgot what the hell a melody is. There's no build to his fifty thousand notes per second bursts.. it's just that.. bursts..

He could kick my ass any day of the week on guitar, too bad that doesn't equal that talent being put to good use.
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
        He could kick my ass any day of the week on guitar, too bad that doesn't equal that talent being put to good use.
        Best thing i ever heard him do was that chicken picken country thing he did on that "guitars that rule the world" way back, that shit was sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
          Best thing i ever heard him do was that chicken picken country thing he did on that "guitars that rule the world" way back, that shit was sick.
          He was on an Albert Lee trip at the time. Good stuff for sure.
          "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
            He'd be screwed if Ozzy decided he wanted another guitarist.
            I saw Ozzy one year on Ozzfest... it was in the late '90s some time, and Joe Holmes played guitar. I didn't miss Zakk at all.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe Holmes, i like heard the name, then he was gone, i never heard any more of him, also i remember ozzy saying that since the guy played a strat he wasn't sure if he'd be heavy enough or something.. never heard him play, what his style like?

Comment

Hot damn, just what I needed to see to make my day. I love karma catching up to his sorry ass. I wonder if he was blathering "where's my guitar". What a douche.

Comment

I remember seeing a picture of Ozzy with some guitarist in the 90's who was holding a Strat and looked like Richie Kotzen, is that Joe Holmes? I remember Ozzy saying something about him being the "next Randy" or something like that.

But didn't he say that about Zakk?
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Every song on No Rest for the Wicked was a minor masterpiece. What the hell happened after that, I don't know. I guess he started growing his beard.

Ozzy just needs to retire.

Strats can't be heavy? Uhh... Jake?
                    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I think the last BLS CD might have moved 20,000 units. That's about it. Maybe they all sold in New Jersey? I know I didn't buy one.

I think if he's not riding with Ozzy, he's dropped from his label. He doesn't sell enough units to keep dumping money into it. So I think he'd be out on his ass.
                      I like Zakk, but last I heard he's no longer with Roadrunner due to lack of sales.
                      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I remember seeing a picture of Ozzy with some guitarist in the 90's who was holding a Strat and looked like Richie Kotzen, is that Joe Holmes? I remember Ozzy saying something about him being the "next Randy" or something like that.
                        Yeah, that was Joe. He had a couple Charvel Strats, and he also used to play in Lizzy Borden at one time. He was also a student of Randy's.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That video looks like it was planned. He throws the guitar in the crown and not five seconds later he's jumping in behind it. Not like that old video of Kirk Hammett tossing his Flying V in the crowd and standing there giggling because it was still plugged in and howling away. The change in camera angles also gives the impression that it was planned.
                          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Even gayer...

Comment

If you wanna hear Joe Holmes, I believe he plays on the first live Ozzfest CD they released, pretty sure the song is Perry Mason.
                              EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Zakk would get the respect back if he would put his balls on Sharon's eyes and bricks into her moth while yelling Die Cunt, Die !!!
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X