Death Angel UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Angel UK

Just back from Nottingham where I went to see Death Angel.

What a shithouse. Anyone who is even thinking of going to see a band at Junction 7, take my advice, don't bother. The room, and I am deadly serious now, is not even the size of my lounge. The official capacity is 100 people, but by the time you get the merchandising stall in, I'd say 80 would be a push. The erm, "stage" is possibly 6" high, if that, and the PA is a whopping single sub and what looked like a 1x15 + 1" horn on each side. Behringer EQs!!!! Aaaargh!!!!

As you can imagine, it sounded absolutely shite, it was like being in a rehearsal room, a shitty one.

The band were, erm, ah, "having an off day", I think. They played all bar one track off the new LP, 3 from the Ultra-Violence and 1 from Act 3. What a shit set list! I realise they are there to promote their latest release, but playing 10 tracks is a cunt's trick, especially if you are a band who is going to have a large percentage of the audience there for the nostalgia trip.

The bass kept cutting out and the bass player threw a wobbly which resulted in him storming off, knocking the headstock clean off his guitar. Laugh? You bet your arse I did! What a tit!
    They all trooped off after him for 5 minutes, before coming back and doing a couple of half-hearted numbers. No encore.

So, that's made me decide to scrap plans to go and see them in Wolverhampton on Friday, and once I tell my mates, I dare say they will give it a miss too.

See, acting like a cunt, having "rock star" tantrums onstage doesn't look cool, it just means you lose people from future shows.
    Such a shame, I saw them a couple of years ago, and they fucking rocked. Maybe it was the venue, that was a joke, but I'll think twice now before spending my hard-earned cash on them again.

And what is it about the youth of today? I was the only person in that venue who didn't look like they had shat their pants and knew how to use soap. Why do they all have to look the fucking same? They all have the same clothes, the same tattoos, the same bones through their noses. They look like identikit mutants. How about trying to look a little different, maybe a spot of originality, stand out from the crowd, what used to be bizarre and unique is now an everyday look, they are simply following the crowd. Cretins!

And the cheeky cunt on the door asked me if I knew what kind of night it was! Of course I do sunshine, I was watching Death Angel back when your Dad was still working out how to use his cock. Fucking whippersnapper!

Oh, and I called on Wilkinsi on the way home, his Dad said he had gone out with an empty Kwik Save bag, and we all know what that means. Dirty little tyke.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

I agree that dude sounds like a total bitch, but some of the absolute best shows ive ever been to have been in small, shitty hole-in-the-wall clubs like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post

And the cheeky cunt on the door asked me if I knew what kind of night it was! Of course I do sunshine, I was watching Death Angel back when your Dad was still working out how to use his cock. Fucking whippersnapper!
      lol@ the sunshine part.
      Last edited by airjamie; 04-16-2008, 07:53 PM.

Comment

That sucks man. I just got their new album but have not really listened to it yet. I like the guy who produced/mixed it and I use to really love Death Angel so it was worth a pickup. I need to check it out some more.

Small clubs like that can suck but they can rock too. That is all up to the band.

As for Rock Stars acting like cunts. Yep, not cool at all. I've seen quite a bit but I must say that all of them were offstage. Once onstage all the bands I've been around and worked for were very professional. Well, except for this one time in France but that was the crowds fault.
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I'm gonna check them out next month, the first "Virginia Death Fest"
          Saturday May 10th

Death Angel
          God Forbid
          Soilent Green
          Light the City
          Applaud the Impaler
          more TBA

Sunday May 11th

Obituary
          Dying Fetus
          Origin
          Ice Fortress
          Necropahgist
          more TBA

Same venue type situation. The place is called "Steppin Out", and it's pretty much, or actually 100 percent a country bar. Line dancing lessons all week most of the time and shit like that. Recently they decided to start doing metal shows there for some reason. Saw a mostly local show there about a month back, High on Fire headlined. Shitty sound system for sure. The "stage" can barely fit 4 people, capacity of the place is maybe 500, and that's standing around nut to butt.
          Luckilly, all shows there are 21 and up, won't have to deal with too many annoying scenesters. I'm excited to see Necrophagist and Soilent Green, not to mention the hot chick from Light this City, but I'm pretty sure the show is gonna be a big disappointment.
          EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Working...
          X