No announcement yet.

Rush Tonight in Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lost interest after these three albums.
    "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
      Eh, I'll skip the concert next time. Definitely not worth my $103 ticket!
      And that's the reason why I don't see many concerts lately. I saw Priest, Journey and Styx in the past few years only because we got the tickets for well under $50 each. Not to mention Ticket(Rape)Master's monopoly on scalping and adding between $7 and $11 per ticket. All through the 80's the most I paid for a ticket was $17.50 and that was for the Monsters Of Rock with Van Halen, Scorps, Dokken, Metallica and Kindom Come all in thier prime.

Matt

Comment

these days, I'd much rather see a mid-level band in a small club.

the big arenas don't do anything for me any more. only exception to that is Foo Fighters cause they light it up no matter how big the venue.

oh, and it would be physiologically impossible for me to leave a Rush show early.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

The new "Snakes & Arrows Live" album is in stores today. It was recorded in Rotterdam on the first leg of the tour. With my Barnes & Noble discount, I walked out with it for $18. Now, I can hear the rest of the concert Yeah, it wasn't easy leaving, but I had enough. Maybe next time I'll get the "North 40" lawn seats for $45 and bring my telescope
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

You know they're releasing the DVD of the tour in a few months.... as a cheapskate I'll wait for that.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

You payed 103 bucks for a band you're not really into. That's dumb and a recipe for disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
                You payed 103 bucks for a band you're not really into. That's dumb and a recipe for disappointment.
                I don't know your definition of "into" is, but I have been listening to Rush ever since they played in a pub that I went to in Winnipeg back in 1970. First, the concert was the songs from the Snakes & Arrows album, secondly most of the new songs have the same sound. No wonder, I listen 1, 2, or 3 songs at a time and change to something else
                The best concert I ever attended was Bonnie Raitt and Keb Mo. Fantastic and it was at Opryland in Nashville. I was is in Nashville and wanted to see a show at the Grand Ole' Opry and Bonnie was playing that night. I never really cared much for Bonnie's music other than respect for a woman doing great in the business. And for years! What kept me interested is the fantastic studio musicians backing her up, not to mention the perfect acoustics in that auditoruim.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                  You know they're releasing the DVD of the tour in a few months.... as a cheapskate I'll wait for that.
                  Good move, that way you can turn it off when you get tired and come back later. I have the R30, or something like that and just finished watching that one. I've had that one for a couple of years at least.:ROTF:

I just finished listening to the "Live" album and the recording is excellent. Hat's off to the engineers and producers on the new live album!

Comment

I'm seeing them in Minneapolis on May 22nd.

I've seen them 4 or 5 times already. As a gutarist, Alex Lifeson was a huge influence on my playing. Ditto for Geddy with my bass chops. I loved them 20+ years ago, and love them still.

I priced a single ticket out for this leg, and it came to 100.00, and decided to pass. Then, I found out that a local radio station donated a pair of tickets to a benefit for my cousin's husband who has brain cancer. I won them Sunday at the silent auction for 140.00.

I am thrilled to be seeing them again, especially know that the money will help Chrissie's expenses whil Tom is in the hospital.

This will be a special show for me.

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
                      I'm seeing them in Minneapolis on May 22nd.

I've seen them 4 or 5 times already. As a gutarist, Alex Lifeson was a huge influence on my playing. Ditto for Geddy with my bass chops. I loved them 20+ years ago, and love them still.

I priced a single ticket out for this leg, and it came to 100.00, and decided to pass. Then, I found out that a local radio station donated a pair of tickets to a benefit for my cousin's husband who has brain cancer. I won them Sunday at the silent auction for 140.00.

I am thrilled to be seeing them again, especially know that the money will help Chrissie's expenses whil Tom is in the hospital.

This will be a special show for me.

- E.
                      Man, that's a great deal and to help a worthy cause at the same time. You will like the show. It wasn't bad. For me it was also the open air venue they were in that turned me off. I did have great seats. I was just right (stage left) of the sound and lighting console by 25 ft. The seats in front of me were the $200 seats and that was the entire lower section.

No, doubt all of them were an influence on me as well as Geddy, as I play bass too. More of a Chris Squire style with a pick, or Geddy with a pick instead of the fingers. Neil's percussion is just the best out there!

Have a great time

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                        Have a great time
                        Thanks bro, I will.

- E.
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Anyone see the Austin, TX show? The pics are up on the Rush site. Dallas, tomorrow night. Think I ought to drive 4.5 hours to see them again? Hmmm! Great stuff!

Comment

I'm going to see them tonight in Dallas!!

Will be the first time I've seen them live....and I know I won't be dissapointed. Been a Rush fan for a long time now, they influenced me as well.

After watching Rush in Rio and R30, I know hearing them live can ONLY be better!!

I wouldn't call myself a big fan after Moving Pictures, but still a fan after all these years. My ticket was $84 and well worth it to me, the seat is about midway back from the stage, not the best seat, but not far back in the worst seats either...can't wait.
                            Guitars: Burny Les Paul Custom, Epi Les Paul Custom, Charvel Model 1C, Alvarez Classical
                            Amps: Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 100 Watt, Laney LC-30II, Fender Frontman 25 watt
                            Cab: Laney GS412P 4x12

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                              All through the 80's the most I paid for a ticket was $17.50 and that was for the Monsters Of Rock with Van Halen, Scorps, Dokken, Metallica and Kindom Come all in thier prime.

Matt
                              The 1988 Monsters of Rock was a good show!!!

I remember we drove 120 miles to Dallas in a 1966 Ford truck, and the bolt holding the alternator assembly broke :ROTF:

Stopped at a mechanics garage on the way, the guy gave me a bolt to bolt the alt. back to the engine...it got me there...but had to get a jumpstart after the show...then the thing broke again or something...hard to remember after all these years...

I do remember when a friend of mine looked under the hood, he said you were lucky you made it back without breaking down. Ahhh...those were the days

But back to the topic...what a bunch of good bands to see for so little $$$
                              Back to Rush and bands influenced by them, I saw Queensryche in Dallas in Feb. of this year and they rocked!! Really tight band, they sounded great...anybody else see QR this year?
                              Guitars: Burny Les Paul Custom, Epi Les Paul Custom, Charvel Model 1C, Alvarez Classical
                              Amps: Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 100 Watt, Laney LC-30II, Fender Frontman 25 watt
                              Cab: Laney GS412P 4x12

Comment

Originally posted by organelle67 View Post
                                I'm going to see them tonight in Dallas!!

Will be the first time I've seen them live....and I know I won't be dissapointed. Been a Rush fan for a long time now, they influenced me as well.

After watching Rush in Rio and R30, I know hearing them live can ONLY be better!!

I wouldn't call myself a big fan after Moving Pictures, but still a fan after all these years. My ticket was $84 and well worth it to me, the seat is about midway back from the stage, not the best seat, but not far back in the worst seats either...can't wait.
                                Cool! Besides the new songs the background props have changed. They are "Henhouse" chicken rotisserie machines. I kinda liked the the washer and dryer machines from previous tours:ROTF: Or even the "Vendamatics". Now I get hungry when I watch the show, instead of feeling clean all over.

Have a great time! Hope you have a new vehicle or restored that ole' clunker

Comment

Working...
                                X