50 shots into an unarmed man Not GUILTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 shots into an unarmed man Not GUILTY

WTF are people thinking? How can 50 shots into an unarmed man be ok???
    I cant stand AL Sharpton types but this is crazy!

Wasnt it more like 50 shots at a vehicle that was being used as a weapon that had already run down 1 officer? I dont know how the media is portraying it across the country but here in NY we've been hearing about it all the time for over a year now. Whats on the local news and what happens in the courtroom is usually not the same. Dont worry, the victims and families will all get plenty rich off of this with wrongful death suits and such. Its sad how the guy died right before his wedding but I guess you have to prove your case in court. I guess their strategy didnt work. Yes, we will have to deal with old Al S. on the tube for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
      Wasnt it more like 50 shots at a vehicle that was being used as a weapon that had already run down 1 officer? I dont know how the media is portraying it across the country but here in NY we've been hearing about it all the time for over a year now. Whats on the local news and what happens in the courtroom is usually not the same. Dont worry, the victims and families will all get plenty rich off of this with wrongful death suits and such. Its sad how the guy died right before his wedding but I guess you have to prove your case in court. I guess their strategy didnt work. Yes, we will have to deal with old Al S. on the tube for a while now.

No it was 50 shots into a car full of unarmed men who were scared of 3 gun toting plain clothed detectives who didnt identify themselves as cops. Im sorry but I have a hard time believing anything a cop says. Maybe its from a few bad experiences with the men in blue but youre right about the lawsuits. His fiance will cash in big time. I hope someone muzzles Rev AL.

Comment

Just read about this.

My initial reaction is to ask why they shot at the car. I know I'd be freaking scared if five guys came up to me outside of a strip club and pointed guns at me. If I'm already in my car, then yeah I'd probably try to drive away. Does this warrant my car getting 50 bullets fired at it, including 31 from one detective who had to reload? I'm sorry, but if you have time to reload the weapon, then you were obviously not in imminent danger of being run over by my car.

These cops should be taken to jail, not found not guilty. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean it's your only defense. Abuse of power in the worst way.

It's too bad Reverend Al got involved because race is not a factor here - one of the detectives was black.

I'll be curious to hear Bill's opinion on this, since he's had these kinds of experiences as a cop.

btw, here's the article I read: http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/25/...ial/index.html
        Scott

Comment

Just because the guy's friends say the cops didn't identify themselves doesn't mean they didn't do so. They're going to justify their friend deciding to drive into the cops trying to get away.

And the judge cited the lack of credibility of the witnesses in acquitting the officers.

The truth is that nobody but the people who were there knows what really happened. In our system, reasonable doubt means the cops walk.

I've had my own runins with cops who weren't playing fair too, but without being there I'd have to give the cops the benefit of reasonable doubt.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

This happened before in New York on Rudy's watch, and it happened many times since. It happened to me and I've told this story many times..I was in a firefight involving 96 rounds.

I've told that story hundreds of times here and elsewhere..I can say it one more..if it will help.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I would love to put any nay sayers in the shoes on one of those cops involved. It would be a real eye opener..trust me.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                . . . Im sorry but I have a hard time believing anything a cop says. Maybe its from a few bad experiences with the men in blue . . .
                That is ignorant.

I have a hard time believing anything a criminal says. Maybe it's from a lifetime of being protected by the men in blue.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  I would love to put any nay sayers in the shoes on one of those cops involved. It would be a real eye opener..trust me.
                  +1
                  2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                  2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                  2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                  2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                  2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                  2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                  2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                  2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                  2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                  1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                  1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

You have to remember, the two survivors have been telling their story in court differently than when they were first interviewed immediately after the incident. Most likely because the "new" testimony given in court would help bolster their HUGE dollar upcoming lawsuits.

Bell CHOSE to use his vehicle as a weapon. We all know a car can cause serious injury or death. The cops were justified in using deadly force, if they feared for their lives or the life of another.

Good report writing 101.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                      You have to remember, the two survivors have been telling their story in court differently than when they were first interviewed immediately after the incident. Most likely because the "new" testimony given in court would help bolster their HUGE dollar upcoming lawsuits.

Bell CHOSE to use his vehicle as a weapon. We all know a car can cause serious injury or death. The cops were justified in using deadly force, if they feared for their lives or the life of another.

Good report writing 101.
                      BINGO..Give Scott a cigar!!..CYA man...CYA!

I could write a book on this issue alone, and may someday. It would take everyone for a virtual ride along as my partner. We will recieve and respond to calls such as this this incident. It would explain EVERYTHING. I've had more than my share repsonding to similiar assignments. If anything they should be labled "routine" and not traffic stops...like the media constantly label.

Anyone that holds bias or doubt toward police officers. I strongly urge you to contact nearest inner city departments and request for a ride along. Most departments are happy to oblige. Some department actually have "citizen police academys". They have simulators that actually puts actions of police and judements in YOUR hands in shoot, don't shoot scenarios. At the very least do that before pointing clueless fingers. Educate yourself, and get an idea what's involved before casting stones at those you call when you need them most.

Comment

My only problem with this is that so many shots were fired and the cops were not hurt by the car. If this guy was using his car as a weapon, coming towards the cops, please tell me how 50 rounds were fired and no one but the people in the car were hurt.

I tend to trust cops more than criminals too, but these guys were just out having a good time at a bachelor party and got shot by some cops with quick trigger fingers.
                        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                          My only problem with this is that so many shots were fired and the cops were not hurt by the car. If this guy was using his car as a weapon, coming towards the cops, please tell me how 50 rounds were fired and no one but the people in the car were hurt.

I tend to trust cops more than criminals too, but these guys were just out having a good time at a bachelor party and got shot by some cops with quick trigger fingers.
                          Dude..you wern't there. Read my above post. I mean actually read it..think about it..and give it a shot (pun).

No offense, but your words are naive and clueless.

Go for a ride along at your nearest inner city departmet. Sign up for civil programs such as a civilian police academy..its a free program. Those are GREAT programs. If you did..I assure you, your actions would be much worse than the worse cop, and critiqued by law enforcement training instructors. Our own Mayor just did this, and killed many innocent civilains in the simulator..TRUE!

It opened his eyes..his brother was my commander at my district, he was such an idiot. I used to have fun fuggin' with him tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                            To me that sounds like their advances were focused on a specific threat. They did not stop until that threat was eliminated. Really put yourselves into these guys shoes. How many cops have been ran down in recent history by criminals in vehicles? How many videos have we seen of car chases ending with multiple officers unloading every weapon at hand until the car was no longer a threat? We can go back and second guess our decisions all day. Cops cant.

Comment

OK, I can't describe "blue" to the blind. You just have to see it yourself.

Its my birthday and well..fuggums.

I'll glady join any bitchfest when the police actually shoots a fuggin' choir boy.

Have fun,

laterz

Bill Z

Comment

Working...
                              X