No announcement yet.

50 shots into an unarmed man Not GUILTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learn Guitars thanks.. yeah its a good time. My father really enjoyed it. I loved taking ride alongs..it was always a great time!!

Yes, People need to go for a ride along themselves. Don't tell me that your bosses' friend's play cousin went and got anal raped by a gang of pigs..WTF??!! Like I said before and I still mean it. Credibility is EVERYTHING!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The article said that one of the cops' legs was brushed by the car. That tells me he had to take evasive action to not get run over. That establishes to me that the car was used as a weapon by the driver. Which justifies the officers firing until the threat was stopped, whether that was 1 shot or 50. It's dark, 4 AM, everybody's been in the strip club all night, everybody's tired and freaked out about the confrontation getting out of control.

It sucks that the guy's dead, but he should have stopped when the cops told him to. I'm sure they identified themselves as cops. Now did he believe that? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe he freaked out at the thought of having his old lady bail him out on his wedding day for getting popped at a strip club.

His friends and family smell money, so they made up a story that didn't pass muster. so they could go for the wrongful death suits and the endangerment, trauma, etc.. suits.

As for it being a racial incident, one of the cops was black as was the victim and his buddies. I'm sorry the guy is dead as it sounds like he just paniced, but if he fucked up an the cops did not do the wrong thing, then they shouldn't be punished.

People are used to thinking that if something goes wrong they should get a payday. Sometimes bad things happen to people but nobody did anything wrong, I think that's what happened here. It's a shame, but those cops just did their job. The guy tried to flee and endangered a cop, whether he meant to or not. It cost him his life.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

You're a wise and credible man Rich! Did you enjoy my "Fuck Da Police " rant? That really happened to my uncle's baby momma's play auntie's son.

They all lie..they all muthfuggin' lie and cover for each other...we all knows that shit..they all have that "blue" code, or balls or some shit!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, that was good! But you know, I've found that even the cops who are assholes will roust you a couple of times when they become aware of you, and if you're polite and they don't come up with anything on you, they write you off as harmless and stop fucking with you.

BUT - if you give them shit about your rights and piss and moan, they will fuck with you EVERY TIME they see you, until they get you for something - rolling stop, whatever - and write up everything they can.

It's all up to YOU and how you act towards them. Even an asshole is usually not SUCH an asshole that he'll continue fucking with you if you don't rise to the bait. And that's kept me out of trouble for the most part, for 50 years now.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The media is terrible. They actually interviewed the asshole I shot for this info. Here's one of many articles that ran for about a month. 96 rounds exchanged. I hit him 3 times..I wasn't counting bullets, and I wasn't aiming to wound.

Since I'm the only one here in a scenario almost twice as bad as this topic. I think I have SOME credibility..ya think?

But you knows I fuggin' lied..we're all crooked and shit!

here..http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/plaindea...OLICE+GUNFIGHT

Comment

You have to pay to read the whole article, Bill. You don't mind that I believe you and don't want to read that asshole's bullshit story, do you?
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                Yeah, that was good! But you know, I've found that even the cops who are assholes will roust you a couple of times when they become aware of you, and if you're polite and they don't come up with anything on you, they write you off as harmless and stop fucking with you.

BUT - if you give them shit about your rights and piss and moan, they will fuck with you EVERY TIME they see you, until they get you for something - rolling stop, whatever - and write up everything they can.

It's all up to YOU and how you act towards them. Even an asshole is usually not SUCH an asshole that he'll continue fucking with you if you don't rise to the bait. And that's kept me out of trouble for the most part, for 50 years now.

Rich its about respect. The majority rules in this matter. Cops hate assholes and assholes hate cops..in perfect harmony. Some cops are dickheads, but they hate assholes. Not many good people hate cops. I'm trying to recall "good" people hating cops. I actually can't think of a single one to be honest.

Its a necessary evil, the ying and yang, positive and negative, cops and assholes..like it or not, we need each other. Shit always floats to its own level.

I'm a retired cop, and I like good people and they like me..as you can see. But then you got..well..you know...them.

I've arrested many gangbangers. They knew their role and I knew mine, I didn't treat anyone bad that didn't make it personal. I never made it personal..it was my job. It was my job to catch assholes. It is the asshole's job to get caught...you can't mess with that formula.

Comment

giving them shit about your rights?

I've been in a situation where I didn't know my rights so I asked the officers present. (this was NOT a dangerous situation at all fyi - very chill)

The only response I got was "Sit down and shut up"

Now I'm planning on going to law school... don't want to put up with that bullshit again

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                    You have to pay to read the whole article, Bill. You don't mind that I believe you and don't want to read that asshole's bullshit story, do you?
                    Really..hell no. Well, you remeber the story. It hasn't changed. We spent TWICE as many rounds before I nailed that asshole, but he was in his car for cover shooting back. I nailed him when I aimed at his muzzle flash. When I heard him scream it was music to my ears because I knew I wasn't going to die and go home that night.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post

I've been in a situation where I didn't know my rights so I asked the officers present. (this was NOT a dangerous situation at all fyi - very chill)

Now I'm planning on going to law school... don't want to put up with that bullshit again
                      Sit down and STFU Troy!!!

Nah..its cool to go to law school. Go get 'em boyeeee..

Be a prosecutor..you don't want to end up defending some pedophile..but that pays well!

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post

Once they've arrested you they will read you your Miranda rights (You can STFU and if you blab they'll use it against you. You can have an attorney and if you can't afford it they'll give you a shitty one. Got it?).

Until they've arrested you, asking or bitching about your rights is basically an irritant to the cops and probably increases your chances of being arrested.

Mouthing off about how you know your rights, in many places, will get you beat the fuck down for being belligerent or for resisting arrest or assaulting an officer.

I knew my rights when I was a kid and local cops were violating them. I also knew that it was my word against theirs as to what had happened if I ended up in the hospital with a broken jaw, or neck, or back. Or I could keep my mouth shut and go on my way in 20 or 30 minutes.

You're better off not pushing that button with the cops when they are jacked up with stress. Worst case you could escalate the situation until you get hurt, maybe even killed. Why would you want to do that just to fuck with a cop who's giving you a hard time?

It's a Pyhrric victory at best, if you provoke them into wailing on you and you manage to nail them for it after the fact. And chances are you will really be pissed when the judge takes their word and you're convicted of assaulting a peace officer and serve time.

The world, and life, is usually unfair. Fight it and be miserable, or go with the flow and survive.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Soon as a cop hears the words "Rights" or "Lawyer"..they'll shove it up your ass..deep...deep in the ass...oh, so deep !

I know this!

That's a tip from yer uncle Bill Z Bub..

Listen to Rich..got smarts!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                            I've been stopped many times by the cops (for traffic violations) and never ONCE have I ever been shot at,drawn down on, or otherwise threatened with any kind of force....why?

BECAUSE I SAID 'YES SIR' and 'NO SIR' and I DID EVERY FUCKING THING THEY TOLD ME TO DO.

Imagine that, acting like a good citizen with law enforcement when confronted. What a NOVEL idea eh?

Bottom line is.... if you wanna be belligerent, non-compliant, stupid, vocal or attempt to FLEE IN YOUR CAR....

You deserve anything and everything you get from the cops. They don't have time to read your mind and they don't have to put up with bullshit.

Like it or not. They are the law and every single person in this country is obligated to follow their instructions to the letter.

Seems like common sense to me...unless you are a 'progressive' thinker.
                            I don't need to read any further.
                            I was once young and stupid, now I'm older and just a hair less stupid.
                            But one lesson I learned early: I got pulled for having a headlight out when I was 19 and smarter than the rest of the world. I came this close to being shot. Literally.
                            Later in life, got pulled for failure to use turn signal, speeding, common moving violations. Each time I was courteous, not snotty, and even thanked the officer for his service, without bullshitting. The cop is looking you in the eye, and knows what's inside. I "walked" on those infractions, but ended up paying far too much in insurance premiums for the speeding.
                            So, I go with the flow, and I'm not likely to get caught up with that again.
                            Yeah, there's bad cops. But I haven't met one yet. And I had plenty of contact for my aggressive driving habits of the past.
                            Last ticket: 11 years ago. I neglected to renew on my birthday, and got stopped at a "checkpoint". Got the renewal, and it was a pass. No fine,
                            no points.

Comment

Cygs reminds me of my own "young and dumb" days. I was slapped in the face by a cop when he he caught me and my girl boppin' behind a supermarket. I was extremely nervous and polite. I think he was bothered with that silly radio assignment or whatever. The slap came out of nowhere and stung. He told me to get the fuck out ..I did. Then I was caught drinking beer in a park when I was 18 and ran , I was caught by a park ranger and issued a citation. I paid it. I was caught speeding several times and recieved 6 points on my driving record..I paid 'em. At the time I thought they were being dicks..I know better now. They didn't pick me at random. I intiated ALL of it!

In c/w any racial thing..which I dealt with daily..more than you know, and I can remember. If I were black and have white cops pointing guns at me..there would be nothing but absolute compliance..nothing but yes sir..please don't shoot me sir. That would be the smart thing to do..he chosed otherwise and well ..there ya go. I drew my weapon on a daily basis, several times a day. When I gave people a command they followed it verbatim..make a threating move..I'm shootin'. I did that twice in 13 years. My main goal was to go home after work, and made sure my partner did too.

Comment

What I see here is a bunch of white guys talking about how to behave and it'll all just be alright. No experience any of you have had can put you in their frame of mind. You simply don't have their perspective. Bill, even though you've spent time in these situations it's only been from the cop side. You didn't grow up black and hassled by cops because you were black.

I'm not saying the cops or the dudes in the car were right or wrong - the only people that know the truth have too much at stake for the actual truth to have come out. I suspect it's nowhere near a cut and dry situation though. It's very easy for the dudes in the car to say the cops didn't do the right thing and it's very easy for the cops to say they felt they were in danger.
                                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X