Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get big 80s hair for Halloween?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get big 80s hair for Halloween?

So October is a long way away, but I know I wanna dress up as an 80s rockstar for Halloween this year.

How do I go about making my hair huge? My hair is currently shoulder length, straight, and each strand is very thick. Think about the stereotypical Asian hair that people seem to envy. That's my hair. When I had it short, it took a LOT of gel to get it to clump and spike, and even though I was trying to twist the spikes into different directions, it always pointed out radially from my skull, like a spiked afro.

That should give you an indication of how tough my hair is to work with so you can suggest some techniques to get it to cooperate.

To get an idea of the style I might like to go for, look at Russ Parrish's hair in this video. He's the guitarist.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UIrS-okMS34

Thanks!

Aqua-Net Super Hold.... or Stiff Stuff is even better. Flip your hair over as you hold your head face towards the floor, then tease your hair out facing downward, spray the fuck out of it with the hairspray, then blow dry it with a diffuser, or if you have bangs you can use a comb or brush attachment. Applying the hot air from the blow dryer to the wet hairsprayed hair really seems to set your hair to make it windproof.

Or, you could buy a cheap spiky short blond hair wig, put it on over your straight dark hair, and go as George Lynch, or as Limahl from Kajagoogoo - same look for both!
    Last edited by lerxstcat; 04-25-2008, 10:19 PM.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Hang upside down, and blow dry while spraying AquaNet randomly.

This works for the pineapple head look too. But if you don't have the sides shaved, you get "welcome to the jungle" hair which is more what you are after.

Don't forget to "scrunch and pick" with a pick before the AquaNet sets. Only takes 5 seconds to dry so be careful.
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

the pink aqua net was the stuff to get, but not sure if it is the same stuff anymore? it may not have the ozone killer that gave it the mojo?
        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

What about that guy with the curly hair from 'Coming to America':

Didn't he star in a commercial for some hear product (in that movie)? :ROTF:
          Soul glo! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktl6L3ZwvL4

Comment

Sure... for "halloween" you say..

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
              So October is a long way away, but I know I wanna dress up as an 80s rockstar for Halloween this year.

How do I go about making my hair huge? My hair is currently shoulder length, straight, and each strand is very thick. Think about the stereotypical Asian hair that people seem to envy. That's my hair. When I had it short, it took a LOT of gel to get it to clump and spike, and even though I was trying to twist the spikes into different directions, it always pointed out radially from my skull, like a spiked afro.

That should give you an indication of how tough my hair is to work with so you can suggest some techniques to get it to cooperate.

To get an idea of the style I might like to go for, look at Russ Parrish's hair in this video. He's the guitarist.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UIrS-okMS34

Thanks!

The video's "bitchin"
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Is that a charvel he's playing?

Comment

It's a Wayne.
                  I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                  X