Favorite mixed drinks (cocktails) thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
    Don't drink mixed drinks... just drink rum on the rocks and thats it!... BTW the best rum in the world it's Brugal Añejo.
    +1 Brugal is a great Rum. I bought a bottle of that when I visited DR awhile back.

Comment

Yukon Jack and strawberry soda

Comment

Screwdriver
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Jim Beam and 7
          Snow shoe (50/50 Wild Turkey and Peppermint shnapps)
          Margaritas (tradional frozen)
          Greyhounds
          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
            Corona and lime
            +2

Although, I've been known to like a Captain & Coke now and then, too. Not to mention many others.

I used to be the resident "mixologist" in my group of friends. I suppose that comes with the territory when working PT in a liquor store through most of college. ...My friends went into mourning when I got my first "real" job many years ago.

Ever since having kids, though, I'm an f'n lightweight. 2 or 3 drinks now, and I'm nicely buzzed. It's so rare for me to drink anymore.

Comment

Gotta be a Jagerbomb!!!!

Jagermeister and Red Bull

Comment

I like beer and tequila (Patron Silver) mostly, but a nice Margarita is great.
                Make your Margarita the way you usually do, in the blender, but add in a Minute Maid Lime ice push up pop. It's so good it's ridiculous (but it needs to be at least 90 degrees outside). Cuervo is good for margaritas and nothing else, though Sauza Hornitos is far better if you can find it. I wouldn't waste Patron on a margarita either, but maybe once I win the lottery.
                Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

pure o j and vodka
                  cranberry and vodka
                  malabu and pineapple
                  b52
                  black velvet
                  pernod and coke (locally known as "mersey mud")
                  baileys and Crème de menthe (just like drinking a mint aero)
                  yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

Anyone who drink propper single malt whisky (and I don't mean that bourbon shite you Yanks make) with anything but the smallest drop of spring water needs their bollocks cut off!
                    Otherwise Plymouth Gin, a splash of tonic and ice and we're sorted. Or if I feel like re-enacting the cold war some dry Vermouth, some Gin and a nice olive. Or a pint of Deuchars IPA followed by another and another... If you search for the pubs in Macclesfield that serve it you'll find my local listed. Being Welsh it's a bit of a giveaway what it's called, even though he may be of Teutonic and Greek parentage.
                    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster View Post
                      pure o j and vodka
                      cranberry and vodka
                      malabu and pineapple
                      b52
                      black velvet
                      pernod and coke (locally known as "mersey mud")
                      baileys and Crème de menthe (just like drinking a mint aero)
                      You don't drink Mersey water?

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I just noticed there's a large collection of Brits and an Auzzy posting in here, does that say something about our imbibing habits?

Comment

Originally posted by jinx View Post
                          Jameson and a splash of water
                          why ruin perfectly good jameson with water?

i love straight jameson, but if we have to go with mixed drinks,
                          you can't go wrong with a bombay sapphire and tonic, or a cabo wabo (or patron) margarita on the rocks.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Bri View Post
                            Yukon Jack and strawberry soda
                            Yuck!! :ROTF:

Is that actually good?
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Okay, I think I'm really partial to alcohol mixed with fizzy soft drinks. Right now I'm having amaretto & root beer which my roommate gave me the recipe for. REALLY TASTY.

Fill a lowball glass with ice. Pour in the amaretto up to two fingers' width (about a third of the way up with my slim fingers). Fill to the top with root beer. Stir lightly.

SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

Comment

Everyone who asked what I was drinking had the same reaction. Everyone brave enough to try it loved it. When I was in college I'd mix it in a big mug and then inline skate from one party to another on the mall. People ended up more surprised that I never fell down.

Comment

Working...
                                X