No announcement yet.

Best case candy finds ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 1986 or so I bought a 1976 Fender bass that had been used by a local country band - flatwound strings, even.

The guitar smelled bad, so I took off the pickguard and found a lot of dried vomit - small chunks of multicolored food and everything. Got it cleaned out pretty well.

That is about all I've ever found that I hadn't expected.

Keith

ps I still have that bass.
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I don't know if this counts but I ordered a Steinberger stick guitar once and they sent me 2 of them. That was a pretty cool thing to find in the gig bag.

Comment

I bought a very clean model six at a pawn shop for $200.00 and got the allen wrenches extra bushings for the trem arm a complete set of saddle hold down allen screws a complete set of fine tuners and trem instruction book for the JT-6.
        Bought a 65 Fender mustang and found 3 joints,about 100 pot seeds, original Fender strap, original pack of Fender strings.Also original bill of sale.
        Have found various tuners,pics.
        Oh yeah bought an old Kramer Baretta off of Tracii Guns and found several Enuff Z'nuff tour pics from 88.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I found a rusty old pack of Daddario strings in a case once. Got worried that the guitar might be fucked from the moisture that rusted the strings, but she's fine.
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

found a slide...guitar straps...but nothing exciting..

Comment

I just got through checking all my Gibson cases. I figured there might be a fucking rebate check for quality control issues.
              "POOP"

Comment

Don't know if this qualifies or even fits, but, about three plus years ago I bought a "medium quality" Jackson-A DX10D, Trans Blue, brand new for a decent price. Also bought a "bombshell" case for it. When I opened the case I found no physical items other than the guitar and the customary hardware and paper work. What I DID find was my inner peace. Of all the guitars I have owned, sold, and still own, this "lowly POS" plays and sings like a wet dream. And to think I didn't really want it because of the reverse head stock. I tried to find fault w/it every chance I could. But the damn thing just keeps calling me! I own other Jacksons. I've played my fav (don't own YET)-SL2H in a few varieties. The DX10D plays almost as well (just as well in some rare cases). Maybe I just got lucky. Dunno.

What is that worth?
                In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                  Yeah, I did. They didn't sell though, right?

I've always thought I'd find something when taking off the cavity cover but never have. Anyone find anything in there?
                  Nope, but I have hidden joints in there when selling guitars before. Usually with a note that said "Be nice to this guitar!"
                  Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                    I don't know if this counts but I ordered a Steinberger stick guitar once and they sent me 2 of them. That was a pretty cool thing to find in the gig bag.

So you got two Steinbergers for the price of one?! That beats the rats nest in the speaker cabinet, I'm thinkin'
                    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

A 70's era Electro Harmonix small stone, complete with box and a price sticker of 70.00.

I bought a slightly used Charvel case from MGR for 25.00, a black chainsaw, still had a unused registration Charvel card.

Seems I had a couple other ones too. Some pickups..

Comment

Nothing so far. I wouldn't mind finding an XL black Jackson shirt in the case that is soon to transport my Kelly

Comment

Nothing interesting yet, except for those Fender polishing packs and tools
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I bought an Ibanez once..there was a dirty butt plug in the case. Well, I guess I had that coming.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

How the hell could a cockroach get in there?
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
                                I was wondering what cool things you may have found in a case of a guitar you bought.

I bought an Ontario Jackson w/skull graphic and in the case I found a TC Electronics boost pedal. After selling that pedal, it brought the final cost of the Jackson to $20.00 !!! Good buy indeed !!!

I found a huge sack of green in the case of one of the axes you sent me to refin. I wasn't going to say anything, but now I feel guilty. I'd send it back to ya, but all that's left is the sack.
                                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X