WTF, Ophra is a now a Hero?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF, Ophra is a now a Hero?

I just got into a strange anomic state after reading http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...733748,00.html. An magazine of a nation at war manages to have not a single soldier in either category Leader or Hero. Strange. Are we into deep denial here already?

And Ophra? I'm not a military expert and there was this interview with Tom Cruise - neverteless, I would expect that being shot at in Bagdad should top that any time.

And besides: GWB did not respond with courage to history's challenges. No risk to his life or limb ever was involved. The people who pointed out his propaganda lies at the risk of their own careers responded with courage. Or would that rather be valour?

Well take a close look at WHO submitted the entry.
    Oprah Winfrey

By Michelle Obama
    It's a BS fluff piece. Must be a slow news day.

Read the others as well.. they are all celebrities that were submitted by OTHER celebrities.
    -Rick

Comment

O-P-R-A-H.

Of course she's a hero, she has accumulated a large ammount of money. These days that's what makes a hero.

No body cares about the war in Iraq. They don't. It's not a popular standpoint but it's true. Imagine what people would do if we had to start rationing gas for the war effort. You think they would stand for that? Or rationing food? Or limiting the time that people can go to the mall? Society wouldn't stand for that.

Imagine, if you will, that the war could be over if everyone in the USA gave up their cell phone for 6 months. Do you think we'd do that to save lives? I know it's an absurd idea but I figure that the american public wouldn't do that. Shows that our cell phones are more important than the people dying in Iraq.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Incster View Post

And besides: GWB did not respond with courage to history's challenges. No risk to his life or limb ever was involved. The people who pointed out his propaganda lies at the risk of their own careers responded with courage. Or would that rather be valour?

What the fuck? I'm no bush fan but this is a little unfair. What president has ever risked his life while he was in office? I dont remember hearing about truman leading the charge on vday.

Comment

Originally posted by airjamie View Post
          What the fuck? I'm no bush fan but this is a little unfair. What president has ever risked his life while he was in office? I dont remember hearing about truman leading the charge on vday.
          I think he's talking about his time in the Texas Air National Guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
            Imagine, if you will, that the war could be over if everyone in the USA gave up their cell phone for 6 months. Do you think we'd do that to save lives? I know it's an absurd idea but I figure that the american public wouldn't do that. Shows that our cell phones are more important than the people dying in Iraq.

I'd give up mine and about a dozen people that I know. :ROTF:
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
              I'd give up mine and about a dozen people that I know. :ROTF:
              They can have mine too. I don't know why I pay for it, I hardly ever use it.

But my wife is another story.

Comment

I hardly ever use it.

But my wife is another story.
                I wish I could say the same. I use my damn phone more than I use my wife. Its not for lack of trying. Its just too many damn people calling me.

Comment

I wish I could say the same. I use my damn phone more than I use my wife. Its not for lack of trying. Its just too many damn people calling me.
                  :ROTF: I think he meant his wife uses her cell more than he uses his... but your interpretation is great!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonDean View Post
                    :ROTF: I think he meant his wife uses her cell more than he uses his... but your interpretation is great!
                    I didn't even take it that way. HA! Too funny.

Shit, I never use my wife. Been with her like 20 years now. We pretty much leave eachother alone now.

Kidding. But I guess it's a true statement. I do use the wife more than the cell.

Comment

I didn't even take it that way. HA! Too funny.

Shit, I never use my wife. Been with her like 20 years now. We pretty much leave eachother alone now.

Kidding. But I guess it's a true statement. I do use the wife more than the cell.
                      I know; I knew what you'd meant so when he said that, it actually jarred me a little out of my circadian trough doze.

Comment

I think I knew what he meant but I couldn't pass up that opportunity.

Comment

I think I knew what he meant but I couldn't pass up that opportunity.
                          Well thanks for the :ROTF:s, anyway; I've been needing something to lighten up the mood a bit!

Comment

Working...
                          X