Jam for Donny tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jam for Donny tomorrow!

Donny's birthday is tomorrow (May 13)... I hope you guys are all ready to jam for him!!

Anyone in the Seattle area is more than welcome to join us -- we're going to go out to dinner for his birthday. It was going to be Tony Romas (because that is the #1 place he always chose for birthday dinner) but apparently all but a few locations have closed down here... so we're heading to Claim Jumpers for our ribs instead. Let me know if you want to go, just so I know to expect you!

I will crank up some Van Halen and jam for sure.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I'll be thinking of Donny tomorrow, and hopefully I'll have some time to jam. Scratch that. I'll make the time!

Comment

Lori, Hope you have a nice time!

Happy Birthday broseppi Donny!!!!!.

I'm sending every bit of love and postive vibes I have for Donny. I'm gonna smoke a bowl and crank my Marshall stacks and play the best Van Halen I possibly can.

There's gonna be a lottta fuggin' Van Halen goin' on today!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well I'm stuck at work, BUT they just played Eruption on the radio, so I guess that was some kind of sign...

Comment

Funny thing; I didn't know it was Donny's birthday, but something made me click on Bill's Myspace page yesterday and I instantly saw Donny on his friends list and clicked on that to see that today was the day.

Donny may be gone from our sight, but his spirit still lives, I really believe that, especially since "something" made me look. Happy Birthday Donny, and thanks for making Eddie and Dave get along!

Lori, y'all have a great time tonight! Your brother was one in a million and you can see he will not be forgotten!
            Last edited by lerxstcat; 05-13-2008, 05:08 AM.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Unfortunately, the Carvin he sold me is in storage at my aunt's right now, but I'll jam on some VH stuff acoustic-style for him any-fuckin-how!
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Rich, there has been ALOT that going on in the last 24.

I responded to two PMs that were sent to me by George and Shawn on 7-1-07. I keep my PM folder always under 50. I don't like any kind of clutter. But I kept those PMs..and finally responded today. That was sparked because Lori and I touched base by accident, and I'm glad we did.

I'm known to be very open but I'm private/quiet when it comes to dealing with hurt. Today, I opened..on Donny's birthday.

I'm never on Myspace. I don't have a band to promote or looking for girls..so I'm kinda lost there. This place became my only home since I retired. This is where my all my social friends, brothers and sisters are. Having the privledge to be one of few Donny's big brothers is one of the best rewards there is...he inspired me more than you can imagine.

Bill Z
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Here's to Donny!!

Comment

I didn't know Donny that well, really. Saw him around on the boards and liked him for being a kid who wore his heart on his sleeve, and because he had the true spirit of rock and love for that life that most of us lose as the years wear on. If he had lived to be 100 I don't think he would have ever lost that spirit.

But I admire the most the way he faced the end, he did it his way and was very brave and unselfish. Most people couldn't do that; I don't think that I could.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

lori, pm'ed you.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

it still stings like a bitch doesn't it? I wish i had done something good for him, all I did was show him a different way to kill the pain in the hospital over the phone. a little trick us morons know about certain things that i won't speak of, but if it helped kill some of his pain i am not ashamed of it. I miss you donny, and all of you too. happy Birthday and I hope you're smiling down on us. Drive safely Lori.
                        Tommy
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                        X