Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a pet Wolf Spider...

...and he's about to eat breakfast.

I found this little bugger a couple of days ago in my basement.

I fed him a big fat housefly the day I found him, and he devoured it, pulling all the legs off, and the head, leaving a dried up husk. Yesterday, I found a much smaller, baby wolf spider. He ate that too.

This morning, I found one of those gross centipede thingies, and I'm currently awaiting the carnage.

Wolf Spiders are venomous like all true spiders, and have large powerful jaws. They're poison won't kill most adults, but is quite painful, and fatalities have been reported, most likely due to allergic reactions, and sensitivities.

This one is a Hogna Carolinensis. He's pretty much harmless to humans.

Don't worry, these things are not commonly found in your home. They are known as accidental invaders, and usually live outside.

I need to give him a name.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

The pics are pretty cool, but how about a Wolf Spider Combat Action Webcam! Man that would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      The pics are pretty cool, but how about a Wolf Spider Combat Action Webcam! Man that would rock.
      Speaking of videos, there's a Japanese show that apparently specializes in insect battles.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

There's a ton of these on youtube. Hours of entertainment!

Comment

I did that with those very two bugs. The centipede died almost instantly after a very brief contact..boom..dead.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Cool vids zeegs!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            I did that with those very two bugs. The centipede died almost instantly after a very brief contact..boom..dead.
            Awesome Bill!.

Wolf spiders are fucking cool, and tough too. I guess mine's not hungry yet because he hasn't annihilated the centipede yet. I hope I don't miss it when he does. It's going to be cool.

Comment

Creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                Awesome Bill!.

Wolf spiders are fucking cool, and tough too. I guess mine's not hungry yet because he hasn't annihilated the centipede yet. I hope I don't miss it when he does. It's going to be cool.
                Mine didn't do anything until I shook the jar a couple times. They got tangled once ..and the centipede was dead.

Comment

For God's sake, don't name him Wolfie!
                  "POOP"

Comment

Holy crap, that are some disgusting insects..
                    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Holy fucking shit, it would be called Mr Pancake if I saw it, because I would drive my Discovery over it. Spiders scare the shite out of me, I really really hate them.

I would post that link to that video of some huge MF of a spider bollocking out from underneath a log and killing a MOUSE, but it makes my skin crawl, so fuck it, find it yourself!
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Yikes! We saw tons of those at Nopoming Provincial Park. Big buggers.

My brother had a Scorpion and a Tarantula and put them in the same tank to fight. The spider won, I believe.
                        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Several months ago, we rehabed a young man who had been bitten on the shoulder by a brown recluse spider. He had a section of rotted skin the size of a tennis ball. Once we debrided the wound and stabalized the area, he became a candidate for a skin graft. Spiders, gotta luv'm!
                          "POOP"

Comment

Those right there are about the only two bugs that get on my nerves. How big is this thing? I found one similar in my show bin (probably tracked it in from doing yard work), and this stupid spider would not die! I swear I stepped on it 6-7 times and it was still squirming around

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                              Those right there are about the only two bugs that get on my nerves. How big is this thing? I found one similar in my show bin (probably tracked it in from doing yard work), and this stupid spider would not die! I swear I stepped on it 6-7 times and it was still squirming around
                              This one isn't full grown yet. He's about an inch from fangs to spinarets. That's not including his legs of course. Depending on which website you believe, full grown adults can be up to 2 inches. There are bigger species of Wolf spider found in different parts of the world, including Australia, South America, and Asia.

Comment

Working...
                              X