Dear Dimmu Borgir...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Dimmu Borgir...

I've tried guys...I really have. I admit I saw it coming with spiritual black dimensions, but jesus enthrone darkness triumphant was just so fucking good i HAD to keep hoping youd come up out of this slump...now four albums later and youre just getting worse. Same old tired riffs and gay spooky keyboards...fuck shagrath sounds like a junior high teacher with a bad case of laryngitis...his vocals are so slow and boring he might as well be lecturing me on hawaiian island geological formations...i really thought when you guys added galder and ESPECIALLY Vortex that the music would accordingly explore some new ground and youd get a little more creative in the studio...but no...four albums, a zillion tours and a dvd of total horseshit. what the fuck is with the new album and vortex only singing on there like TWICE. PEOPLE LIKE VORTEX. THERE IS A REASON NOBODY LISTENS TO BORKNAGAR SINCE HE LEFT. LET A DUDE SING. FUCK.

Ive sat through the godawful shows. I watched the entire boring boring boring dvd (BTW if youre filming a dvd at least try and move around a little on stage...and no more gay armfringe,k?) and Ive put up with the pleather dresses and the switch to ESP. I humbly request that you write ONE GOOD SONG. JUST ONE. Otherwise ill be forced to wash my hands of you
    Last edited by airjamie; 05-16-2008, 01:54 PM.

You take that "shit" too serious, and I mean that music.
    I saw those douche bags on Ozzfest and I thought it was a clown routine to keep the crowd warm for the next band.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I just know they are capable of writing decent shit. I know its not real black metal, i know its been viewed as lame from the get go, but its just shitty watching them turn into a real derivitive cradle of filth...but more boring.

Comment

I thought Enthrone was also shit, so nothing they do has ever interested me a great deal. If I want black metal I'll put on a bit of Darkthrone.
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I love it when that bitch on Cradle of Filth comes in the middle of a song with her Lord of The Rings dwarf voice of hers and totally makes a mockery of singing and what an instrument is all about.

The voice (throat) is an instrument and that shit he does is NOT singing.
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
            I thought Enthrone was also shit, so nothing they do has ever interested me a great deal. If I want black metal I'll put on a bit of Darkthrone.

I love track 7 on fuck off and die...he goes all dirty rock and roll. Nocturno culto is my baby daddy.

Comment

I don't dislike the music over all (I'm not into black metal) but I heard their cover of Burn in Hell and I was wondering when Popeye the Sailor had become a black metal singer. I love their sound (or their old sound, I don't follow them so I'm not sure how old the songs was I heard) just not into the "black" metal thing. I think the bass player(?) had a cool voice...but the lead singer... needs to kick back some spinach
              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Hmmmm...perhaps if you posted this on Dimmu's message board they'd write something just for you, instead of, you know, for themselves.
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

They're at the point where their fanbase is big enough (and blind enough) that they could just release steaming shitpile after shitpile for albums and never have to worry about anything. People will continue to buy their albums (a la Metallica / Megadeth / Slayer / every other metal band that gets a decent fanbase). They're just getting lazy. Look at them on stage; they're not moving as much, not caring as much, and clearly out of shape. I saw them play a year or two ago and it was laughable. Nothing is more funny than seeing a kid wearing a Korn XXXL T-Shirt and raver pants pogo-ing in place to what is currently being labeled as "Norwegian Black Metal." Too funny. Their songs go through in a very predictable sequence and they've just run out of song worthy ideas. The whole "appear in advertisements for emo kid shoes" was pretty much the nail in the coffin for the band. They're a joke now.

Galder has never been an amazing lead guitarist, I think he was a poor choice for the band (and having seen him play some of the solos live, very disappointing). Solid song writer, but honestly, I am starting to question his song writing capabilities after the last two Old Man's Child albums. The crappiness of Dimmu must be rubbing off on him.

Vortex was awesome in Borknagar and acceptable in Arcturus. But his work on the last two Dimmu albums has been kind of predictable.
                  Last edited by Inearthed; 05-16-2008, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Im thinking its not up to vortex when he sings or what. Its always been shagrath and silenoz writing the songs. Everyone else is basically their bitch. Oh well. Vortex always said he joined dimmu as a financial decision so id be suprised if he actually gave a shit what the songs ended up as.

Comment

I liked Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, but I was soooo disappointed with their live show, that I really don't care about them anymore.
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Anyone who's thinking they like black metal here needs to get "A Blaze In The Northern Sky".
                        Anyone who's thinking they like keyboards in metal needs to get a nailgun and shoot themselves in the face.
                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

There is a reason this shit is only big in Europe.

I don't think American audiences take to this kind of schtick very well.
                          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I like keyboards in metal. Fuck off.
                            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                              Anyone who's thinking they like keyboards in metal needs to get a nailgun and shoot themselves in the face.
                              ITS THE FIIINAL COUNTDOWN.

Dudes can spare me the "this is what real black metal is blah blah blah darkthrone" from now on. Trust me, ive been into black metal since waaaay too young. I have everything satanic warmaster has ever recorded. Ive been to an absu show. Watain crashed at my house. Trust me I know my black metal. I also know that, for what it was, Enthrone was a dope album, and when astennu was still in the band, they used to play the fuck out of those songs. TRV KVLT BL/\K METAL is all good most of the time but theres times where im just really way too stoned and dont feel like electric wizard or graves at sea or even melvins. These are the times when some early dimmu really hits the spot.

Oh, by the way, WINDIR uses keyboards and totally kills everything ever.
                              Last edited by airjamie; 05-16-2008, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X