• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Satan, witches, big dicks oh my!"
    "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
      I think it's the whole Freedom of Religion thing here. We were never conquered nor had a religion forced on us. Say what you want about Christians etc in the US, but no one has ever forced anything on anyone here. Over there, there's a lot of people who are still some what bitter over sh*t that happen 400 years ago.

I could start, but I wont, geeez

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
        Celtic Frost is Black Metal, isn't it?

They are what you would call proto black metal. Bands that came along early and developed many of the characteristics to which later black metal bands would adhere, but all in all id say CF has a spectrum thats a little wide to be called black metal. Bathory on the other hand....

Comment

I hung with Silenoz for three fuggin' days. That dude didn't even change his socks or underlings..and stumbled around in a fuggin' skirt!

Now, that's fuggin' Black Metal!!!:ROTF:

BTW..I covered everything religious..do a search, you'll find plenty!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by airjamie View Post
            They are what you would call proto black metal. Bands that came along early and developed many of the characteristics to which later black metal bands would adhere, but all in all id say CF has a spectrum thats a little wide to be called black metal. Bathory on the other hand....
            Wouldn't Bathory be a proto band as well? They were out at the same time, Frost may have been first. But a friend of mine was a huge Bathory fan. I dug the music, the vocals were horrid.

Were does Venom fit into all this? Are they the "Black Sabbath" of Black Metal? That's the first band I remember being uber satinist and used strange names like Cronos and whatnot.

And what about Slayer? Show No Mercy had some "Black Metal"-ish photos on the back.

Do all the current Black Metal bands have vocals like Borgir? Or are there some bands with a singer that has some range?

Forgive my questions, I don't really know jack about the genre but am interested somewhat. I feel I may be missing something.
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

This brings another question.

Does anyone remember the band Exorcist? They had an album called "Nightmare Theatre". I seem to remember them being a band with members from other bands. Came out in the mid 80's. I loved that album and have been looking for it for a while now.

Comment

I have Nightmare Theatre on MP3. I could send you the songs if you'd like.
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I haven't followed them for awhile now, i do like their older stuff.
                  I love keyboards in metal, well, i did before everyone started doing it, i was doing this kind of stuff with a friend of mine who was a killer piano player, back in 88. We kinda had more of a classical vibe due to him, but i brought the metal, and it was kinda like motzart and cradle of filth mixed style, with real piano, anyway i wanted to expand on it, but he was more of just a stoner, who happened to play piano all his life, i couldn't get him to commit, he just wasn't full into it.
                  And i wathced the scene evolve into my vision and flourish and now fade.
                  i like Agathodaimon a lot, also, i Highly recommend Mors Principium Est,
                  it's not Black Metal per se, they just are an awesome great Heavy band,
                  one of my faves at the moment for sure.

Venom get the honorary title first Black Metal Band, however in my opinion it is Bathory who is the first true Black Metal as we know it now.
                  Possessed get most honorable mention

Celtic Frost would be Kings, but for their POSE era they are stricken
                  hehe, not really, their last album Monotheist is a true to the Frost style masterfucking piece that no one will recognize, it picks up right where Into The Pandemonium left off, and is their heaviest album to date.
                  Best metal album of 2006 imo, and i've wanted to say that for awhile now, whew
                  i don't care if you agree
                  Their show at Wacken was kick ass, i fucking fail for not being there to see it live.

Comment

Monotheist is a great album. When I was in Europe we were at some festival and I got to watch the Frost headline that night from side stage. Fuckin' incredible. I wish I could remember what festival it was. Might have been Hultsfred. I can't remember. I had never seen them and to watch them from that close was pretty sweet. Even though the mix really, really sucks from there.

I forgot about the Cold Lake era of Frost. Yeah, the took a lot of shit for that, as well as they should. But to be honest, I thought the riff for Cherry Orchards was kinda sweet.

Comment

I'm still carrying a grudge against Dimmu (even though Spiritual Black Dimensions kicks ass).....they're recruitment of Vortex and Galder fucked 3 of my favorite bands up.....

-Empiricism and Epic were good albums, but Borknagar needs Vortex on vocals (we won't even touch Origin..WTF was that?)

-Galder is waaaayyyy better on his own in Old Man's Child (prolly my favorite songs to play), and the wait between albums has gotten longer since he joined Dimmu...his new album is 'sposed to be out this year, and I'm kinda anxious to hear it....

-Vintersorg took over for Vortex in Borknagar, he's also better on his solo stuff IMO, his last album was fukkin' OUTSTANDING!!! But again, longer wait between albums due to his duties in Borknagar......

........just my $0.02......
                      Last edited by outsider666; 05-17-2008, 11:43 AM.
                      I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

HAIL

SATAN!!!

... !

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Satan is an anagram of Santa.
                          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Satan and Santa... you never see them hanging out together. Coincidence? I think not.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Which cues me to post some of my fave. pics from these interwebs

Now tell me this is not Satan

Or this evil fucker, he looks like something out of Dr. Who!

And again, evil incarnate!

Mind you this one I think is just a wino off the street.

I've had a bad day today and nothing cheers me up as much as seeing Sanity Clause causing neuroses and keeping the psychiatric trade in stock with future customers.
                              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

:ROTF:
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X