No announcement yet.

keyboards in metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe not "metal", but Roddy Bottum's use of keys in Faith No More worked great with the music.
    EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Some genres (thrash, death metal, traditional) no way.

Other genres (progressive, power, Rhapsody) would suck without them.
      Scott

Comment

[quote=Jacksons Shred;1099673]This subject can go both ways. I think it's lame when metal bands trying to be really mean and aggressive use keys. Like Bodom. Keys totally kill that band for me because they're trying to be brutal, but yet, they have keys... Their keyboarding player is amazing though.
        quote]

See I think Bodom is so darn good because they have the keys in there. It just sets the mood for the riffs and makes everything sound heavier with the contrast. To each his own though! That's what makes music so special.

Comment

Now where did I put that CoB CD, god damn it, which pigeon hole did I put it in!
          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
            See I think Bodom is so darn good because they have the keys in there. It just sets the mood for the riffs and makes everything sound heavier with the contrast. To each his own though! That's what makes music so special.
            That's exactly how I feel about the band Kalmah. Without keyboards it just wouldn't sound right. Especially the song Mindrust.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
            X