Earache relief??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earache relief??

I've got one hell of an earache. Any ideas??

Prodding it with something sharp is out of the question.

I sometimes fill up a hot bath and submerge myself enough so my ears are under, but I dunno if that is a good thing to do if it's an infection, with the heat and all.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Is it from the cold or from getting water in there?

If it's from water take a cotton ball put some regular rubbing alcohol on it and squeeze the alcohol into your ear, and let it sit in there for a few minutes then drain by tilting your head. Repeat a few times.

If may burn a little if you have been putting your finger in your ear and doing the wiggle thing to clear it up, as that breaks the skin a little in the ear.
      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

get thine ass to a doctor. Once it's been diagnosed, you'll know how to treat it. Submerging a perforated eardrum, for example, is a bad idea.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Warm seet oil , olive oil with a droppper..with your head tilted to the side. Put a cotton or tissue in there so it stays in. Sometimes warm air from a hair dryer works too. It may just be sinuses..that should help it. If not, get it checked out like Gary said.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yep, make a Dr. visit.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Thanks. yeah, if it don't quit by Monday, I'll go see the doc. Just wasn't an option last night.

Comment

I've been getting chronic earaches in my right ear since about November. I had a nasty sinus infection/cold/whateverthafuck and since then (usually when I am tired it seems) it starts to hurt. I'm seeing my doc about it on Tuesday.
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Get the old Home Trepanning Kit out, bingo, earache begone.
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Vincent Vango had an earache once..

The last time I had an earche I jabbed a fork up my ass. It took my mind off my earache but then I had a whole new set of problems.

Warm sweet oil / olive oil in your ear stuffed with cotton ..that's what we always do. If that don't help go see the doc. Hope ya feel better..those can really ruin your day!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Go and see Venom. Your whole fucking head will hurt then.

Yeah!! Venom, damned good!!! (You need a time machine though, I mean proper Venom Mk1)
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                        Go and see Venom. Your whole fucking head will hurt then.

Yeah!! Venom, damned good!!! (You need a time machine though, I mean proper Venom Mk1)

Venom is the loudest band I've ever seen in my fucking life!!

Even Matt Barlow mentioned that when I was talking to him..when I was wearing fuggin' Venom shirt.

Comment

Venom fuckin rules!! Never had the chance to see them live.

The ache is gone. Just sounds "muffled" or "stopped up" now, irritating as hell.

Bill, not sure if I'm interested in your "pain diversion" plan you have goin on LOL..
                          Anyhow..thanks for the humor distraction

Comment

Jeri, there's this stuff my doc recommended me (after he was done chastising for cleaning my ears out with a chair leg). IIRC it's called Clear Ear. It's basically peroxide drops for your ear that help breakdown and soften any hardened wax, which allows your ear to self-clean as it's supposed to. When I find my ears jamming up, a few drops in each ear for a couple of nights, and before you know, the pain is gone & I can hear again. I haven't stuck anything into my ear since I discovered this stuff.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                            X