Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highest capacity MP3 players? I need something with more than 30GB.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highest capacity MP3 players? I need something with more than 30GB.

There's the 80GB and 160GB iPod Classics but are there any other MP3 players that even come close to this in capacity? Right now I've got an old Creative Nomad Zen Xtra which is 30GB and I need something more.

Thanks!

How the hell do you build a playlist with 80GB of mp3s? They're putting these things in car stereos too. I can just see how many accidents will be attributed to scrolling through playlists looking for one song.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think there might be external hard drives which can function as standalone mp3 players. Gotta watch hockey now, I'll give you a better answer later!

Comment

I have an Archos 605 Wifi 80GB. They have a 160GB model available as well. I use mine with video out to play movies and stuff as well as MP3's. It has a touchscreen interface, 802.11g wireless interface and internet browser built in. I'm really happy with it. Some people have a beef with having to buy plug-ins for certain movie playback functionality (Quicktime, VOB files, etc.) but it's a pretty good deal.

http://www.archos.com/products/gen_5...try=us&lang=en
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          How the hell do you build a playlist with 80GB of mp3s? They're putting these things in car stereos too. I can just see how many accidents will be attributed to scrolling through playlists looking for one song.
          Can't be much different from when I was a kid and I had to pull this huge thing out of my backseat that held 80 cassette tapes in it and thumb through those to find the next casssette I wanted to play, all while driving 80mph down the highway.

Different generations, different technology, different dangers.
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

My mp3 player has a terabyte of storage, but it's kinda large and to heavy to lug around all day

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
              Can't be much different from when I was a kid and I had to pull this huge thing out of my backseat that held 80 cassette tapes in it and thumb through those to find the next casssette I wanted to play, all while driving 80mph down the highway.

No shit! I stated out with 8 tracks that were kept in what is close to a suit case. It was easy to reach back and get them though. nobody wore seat belts back then. and an air bag was only something that once had pot in it.
              Last edited by ABSOLUT CHARVEL; 05-19-2008, 08:09 PM.
              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

http://www.zune.net/en-US/products/zune80gb/default.htm
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post

Shit, boys, back in my day, we had to watch out when we were pulling records out and playing them in our mobile phonographs...

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonDean View Post
                    Shit, boys, back in my day, we had to watch out when we were pulling records out and playing them in our mobile phonographs...
                    And you had to be careful to not burn your fingers on the power tubes in the radio...

Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Why not get an iPod? I've got an 80gb and I love it.

Comment

bought a 80Gb ipod classic for the gf for xmas, I'm really envious I have an old mini 6gb that keeps running along but I've been thinking of replacing it.
                        you could get the 160 Gb version but mind you it's slightly thicker than the 80Gb one, but the new 80Gb is so slim I doubt you'd notice a big difference compared to your current player. (the 160gb is probably about as thick as the older 20/40gb models)

that said, my approx. 450 CD collection ripped to high quality mp3 is currently running me at 30,6 Gb harddrive space, so unless you have more than 1000 albums the 80Gb would probably do the trick for ya

*wanders off to the apple store...*

edit: and btw, the max. capacity depends on current development in the 1.8" harddrive business, so my guesstimate would be that the mp3 player capacities won't bump up to 250 Gb before later in the year!
                        Last edited by axeman81; 05-20-2008, 05:17 PM.

Comment

80gb iPod classic is the way to go! i even have a series of Family Guy, Monsters of Moscow, Metallica - Live Shit, a few other live shows from bands, about 10 films... about 8000 songs and still loads of room!

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                            And you had to be careful to not burn your fingers on the power tubes in the radio...

Comment

I have the 80 gig iPod, kicks ass.
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                              X