Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelle meldrum dead

May 22, 2008

On May 18, Michelle Meldrum, leader of the band Meldrum and former Phantom Blue guitarist, was rushed to St. Joseph's Hospital in Burbank in critical condition. She passed away late afternoon Wednesday, May 21, 2008 as a result of a cystic growth on her brain that had restricted oxygen and blood flow to her brain rendering her brain dead.

Meldrum had just completed writing and recording the bands soon to be released album with drummer Gene Hoglan, along with the new lineup Michele Madden (vocals) and Laura Christine (bass). The surviving band members plan to release the album later this year in tribute to their fallen band-mate.

Those who knew Michelle recognize that she lived every moment for the music, and was regarded as both an exceptional guitarist and a nurturer by her associates, friends, family and son.

Meldrum, 39 is survived by her parents and three year old son, Jake Thomas. Her family and band members appreciate all the support that has been shown over the past few days through this trying time. A memorial tribute benefit will be announced in the following weeks.

It hardly gets mentioned on her sites and that buy she was also John Norum's wife.I saw her with meldrum a few years back and thought she was a pretty cool guitarist. shame.
    Last edited by sonicsamurai; 05-22-2008, 06:30 AM.

That's terrible, she was a very cool chick, and man could she play guitar. A loss for the music world. R.I.P.

Comment

Very sad!
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I heard about this yesterday over at Sludge via Blabbermouth. First she was reported dead, then they said she was in a coma. I've been praying for her and her family but it's sad she didn't make it. Meldrum was a cool band and she played some great stuff in Phantom Blue as well.

Saddest of all, she leaves a 3-year old son behind, Jake. I really feel for John and Jake, as well as her parents and other family and friends.

Rest in peace, Michelle. You made your mark and won't be forgotten...
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Very sad indeed, makes you realize every day is a gift.

Phantom Blue was a pretty kick ass band.

Comment

wow..that is a shame. That girl could really play, I still have the Phantom Blue cd!

Rip.. Michelle Meldrum.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
            X