Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First and foremost thank you guys. I've had a crappy day and that was cool to see...

I've been sitting back today watching a few people rip on me and call me names on another board. That's something I see quite often but I refuse to do here so i guess it gets under my skin. One member in general seems to feel that it's a double standard for the admins to remove the gay marriage post, ban someone and then come out with my story. So I just want to make a few points.

When the gay marriage thread was removed it was because it had turned into a hateful thread, 1 particular member using epithets to make their point and it was causing a lot of BS. When I decided to post my initial story it was actually posted in the paid area which is largely unmoderated under a post started by another member.

The reasoning I had for telling my story was to show things on the board that when we post threads on the board we never know or take into consideration who we may be talking too or who exactly may be reading. It's easy to make hurtful statements from behind a keyboard.

In all honesty I sat on my hands for the last 3 months trying to decide if I should just disappear or allow people here to know my story because I have a lot of friends here. At no time was my intent to place myself above the post that was removed. Once I decided to post my story I made th offer to step down and even said I'd let the members here vote if they so wished.. I'd abide by it.

Once the news broke in there I sat and thought about how that news would leech out into the forums now that it had been made public, so I decided to share it in this thread. My reasoning was simple .. I'd rather tell the truth on my own and let the chips fall where they may than to have people speculate what the truth may be.

It's not easy to come out with something that you know will be used against you as being done as I write this. I have made it a point over the years to never drag people through the mud publicly whatever my personal feelings may be, yet my name time and time again gets exactly that. I am never afforded by these people the same respect I give them.

These same people claim that they aren't allowed to speak out against me here because they would be banned and the post moved. This is another issue that couldn't be further from the truth. This is a feeble attempt to justify calling me names elsewhere.

While I allow anyone their own personal opinion I do ask one thing, you disagree respectfully and not with hostility. I am of the firm belief that you get more bees with honey...

Lastly my intent was never to make people feel uncomfortable and if my personal struggle is so discomforting that the JCF starts losing members then I will take the bullet and leave. I've will have walked away with the personal gift that a lot of the members here have given me in the past few weeks, the realization that there are open minded non-judgmental people out there....

In the last 24 hours I've had my sexuality questioned, my moral values, been called nasty things and my use of the JCF questioned. It's done a number on me emotionally today.

In closing I will reiterate exactly what I stated when I first posted this thread. If the members this board are uncomfortable, think I'm immoral, unfit or whatever and they feel the best interest is for me to step down please get your vote going and I'll abide by it.

Sorry for the post but I honestly felt in needed to be said ...
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

• I've been following that post as well. Here is my take.

This thread has been pretty positive. That surprised me a bit. Not a whole lot but a bit. I know for a fact, and so do most of you, that there are those on the board that think this is immoral or whatever and have a real problem with it. I guess they decided to stay out of this thread.

Would they have stayed out of it if it was anyone else? A non Admin? I highly doubt it. So that's part of it, I think.

I think some have used that board to post their feelings because they didn't feel they could here. Whatever. Total ball-less-ness. If it's so morally wrong, step up and get it off your chest. Taking pot-shots on another board is classless.

I believe the OP of the other thread was talking about the double standard that ~K~ brought up. But it grew into somthing a bit more than that.

I think this forum will always take shots from those over there. Any chance they get they will go after Admins here because of past bullshit. This is no different. So I don't really think it's about you ~K~, you're just the new thing. If it wasn't you, it would be something else. Because it's really not about your change, it's about you being an Admin. IMHO.

The Admins over there are doing nothing about it either, but that's another story.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• "Morality" is just another word for opinion. I think it's kind of funny how that word gets tossed around in the context of gender and sexuality. If we embrace anything at all about our human nature, those should be two things, and we should never be forced to feel guilty or shamed for being who or how we are. It is the "Morality Bangers" who create dissonance and fear in good people like Karyn and myself and cause us to live most of our lives in fear, guilt, and shame. That seems far more immoral to me than being true to ones self.

Comment

• Scott what really gets me is that anyone who took the time to be positive was labelled a ballswinger. It's so rediculous to think that the members here have to either fight with the admins or be reduced to stuff like that. There's no respect for the forum as a whole in a circumstance like that...

I do my best to take the high road, can't say Ive ever been afforded the same
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

• ~K~
            That's more of the Admin bullshit coming back. They can't get over the fact that some of them were banned from here for whatever reason so they go after what they can.

Anyone who supports an Admin in any way is labeled a ballswinger. It's misplaced hostility.

Are their Admins ballswingers too? They post here still. Surprised they put up with that.

It's all bullshit. And I know it sucks reading it without being able to respond. When you think about it, it's the same thing they are pissed at this board about.

Comment

• What's immoral about being true to yourself? I don't see why a person's sexuality, gender, hair colour what they had for breakfast effects their ability to moderate a forum. I think it's their problem and not yours.
              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

• I could respond but I'm not going that route, not worth it. I will never change their minds they want me to change mine for them. If I took that route I'd be dead now

Comment

• Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
                  I could respond but I'm not going that route, not worth it. I will never change their minds they want me to change mine for them. If I took that route I'd be dead now
                  That's always the best way to deal with this type of stuff.

I need to live by that more, I'm drawn in too easy.

It would be interesting to see who would stay the course and who would waiver and backstep if you did respond. I bet most would backpeddle so fast they would fall flat on their asses.

But it's best to just let them have their "say" and be done with it. As hard as that is.

Comment

• I wouldnt say I am Godless but I avoid most belief systems for this reason. I really can not understand why anyone would care what someone else is doing if it makes them happy while not harming others. God's self imposed hall monitors need to clock out.

Comment

• what the heck is "immoral" or "morally wrong" ???... liking Red Sox?... or digging Supertramp records?

man, that phrase is just as intelligent what some dudes use to get votes... "family values" or something like that.... god damn... life is a frikkin comedy I tell ya'
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Family Values? I was on that tour. It sucked ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                          I wouldnt say I am Godless but I avoid most belief systems for this reason. I really can not understand why anyone would care what someone else is doing if it makes them happy while not harming others. God's self imposed hall monitors need to clock out.
                          Hah! Yes! I agree. What's funny is that some of them are not much different than the Jihadists who believe that if you don't believe the way they do then they have some right to kill you for it. Completely asinine belief structure and so far and away from the type of life that should be lived in the name of God. They make instant hypocrites of themselves in such instances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                            I think this forum will always take shots from those over there. Any chance they get they will go after Admins here because of past bullshit. This is no different.
                            Yeah, they can't seem to let things go. I've been a member there for over a year, but haven't posted until recently. I logged in and noticed fett sent me a nice PM a month ago, so I replied back. Then he posted a "Hi Toejam" thread, just to welcome me there, and now Chuck and Sam won't get off my jock. I feel no need to respond to them any more since they won't believe anything I say. Whatever.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Last edited by SEEGERMANY; 07-11-2008, 08:01 PM.
                              "POOP"

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
                                Yeah, they can't seem to let things go. I've been a member there for over a year, but haven't posted until recently. I logged in and noticed fett sent me a nice PM a month ago, so I replied back. Then he posted a "Hi Toejam" thread, just to welcome me there, and now Chuck and Sam won't get off my jock. I feel no need to respond to them any more since they won't believe anything I say. Whatever.
                                IMHO, you have balls of steel for posting over there.

Comment

Working...
                                X