This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
    i'm sure this may have been brought up already, but shit 20 pages!!!

Maybe you should change your forum settings, it's only 7 pages for me
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Last edited by SEEGERMANY; 07-11-2008, 08:08 PM.
      "POOP"

Comment

• This is a cool topic. I've probably missed out on quite a bit, but from what I've pieced together from reading the 20 pages (yes, 20 pages for me too!), it's great to see the support from the board.

Comment

• What made me think to ask, was i went into the kitchen and one of my daughters left out a box of "Special K" cereal on the counter .... the K made me think of you and reminded me to ask!
          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

• Page 18, Post 355
            "POOP"

Comment

• Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
              What made me think to ask, was i went into the kitchen and one of my daughters left out a box of "Special K" cereal on the counter .... the K made me think of you and reminded me to ask!

:ROTF: I guess I have Mark to thank for that one
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

• Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                Page 18, Post 355
                :ROTF: i am at a loss for words ... should have known
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

• Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
                  The majority cannot vote away the civil right of a minority ... it goes against everything this country was founded on.
                  Absolutely - thats why this country is not a majority rule Democracy, but a Representative Republic. Our founding fathers were so ahead of their time it's amazing.
                  You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                  You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                  --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                  --horns666 - 12/29/08
                  I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                  --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                    As someone else put so well. (I don't remember who)

Why not let them get married? They should have the same right to be miserable just like the rest of us married folk.

Kidding there. I love my wife and I'm glad I'm married. But a good joke is a good joke.
                    I heard Kinky Friedman (country/comedy singer, ran for governor of Texas in 2004) say it on 60 Minutes. I doubt he came up with it, though.
                    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

• Originally posted by joelayres View Post
                      No matter what, there will always be dishonest people who will try to bilk the system - that is no excuse to deny anyone basic human rights.
                      You can live with anyone you want, in any configuration you want. That's your basic human right. Okay, no. That's incorrect. It's your American civil right.

But anyway. Government endorsement of *any* marriage (and any perks offered in conjuction with that) is not a right. It is a privilege. That's why you need a license for it. You don't have the *right* to drive, or handle hazardous materials, or operate heavy machinery. You have to be endorsed by some entity to gain the privilege to do so. If this weren't the case for marriage, ask yourself why you can't legally marry your own sister.

It is a licensed privilege. The requirements for it are so incredibly low, however (one man + one woman), that confusion about that has set in. My great-uncle who gradually went blind thought he still had the "right" to drive. So, confusion about these matters is understandable.

The creation of new legal loopholes with same-sex marriage is just the main reason I oppose it. There are others (and none of them have anything to do with any fictional bible), but the logical outcome of presenting those reasons is simply to take government completely out of the marriage equation and offer no official endorsements for any marriage of any configuration, as that would really be the only "fair" thing to do.

Official endorsement of traditional marriages was a nice idea for the propagation of healthy families. But there are many, many factors eroding family structure in our world today.

Comment

• The creation of new legal loopholes with same-sex marriage is just the main reason I oppose it. There are others (and none of them have anything to do with any fictional bible), but the logical outcome of presenting those reasons is simply to take government completely out of the marriage equation and offer no official endorsements for any marriage of any configuration, as that would really be the only "fair" thing to do
                        There has to be a legal standing on marriage. when couples are not marriage gay or otherwise, there are issues with separation or death. If your partner dies with no will their family gets everything, and even with a will the family can contest it and usually wins. In separation there ain't no I get half either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                          There has to be a legal standing on marriage. when couples are not marriage gay or otherwise, there are issues with separation or death. If your partner dies with no will their family gets everything, and even with a will the family can contest it and usually wins. In separation there ain't no I get half either.
                          Yeah, that's the whole meaning of legal marriage. The protection of the rights of both sides( as long as you're the woman).
                          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

• Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
                            You can live with anyone you want, in any configuration you want. That's your basic human right. Okay, no. That's incorrect. It's your American civil right.

But anyway. Government endorsement of *any* marriage (and any perks offered in conjuction with that) is not a right. It is a privilege. That's why you need a license for it. You don't have the *right* to drive, or handle hazardous materials, or operate heavy machinery. You have to be endorsed by some entity to gain the privilege to do so. If this weren't the case for marriage, ask yourself why you can't legally marry your own sister.
                            If that is the case, there should definitely be licensing required to have children. By this logic, it is a right to bring a child into the world for a crack ho, but not for two decent people to form a partnership between them. THIS is the problem with our society.
                            You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                            You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                            --horns666 - 12/08/08

--horns666 - 12/29/08
                            --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

• Originally posted by joelayres View Post
                              If that is the case, there should definitely be licensing required to have children. By this logic, it is a right to bring a child into the world for a crack ho, but not for two decent people to form a partnership between them. THIS is the problem with our society.
                              The "logical" reducteo ad absurdum, right? Unfortunately, nature and biology make some decisions for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
                                The "logical" reducteo ad absurdum, right? Unfortunately, nature and biology make some decisions for us.
                                Glad you got it - using absurdity to illustrate the absurd.
                                Actually, the statement "nature and biology make some decisions for us" applies here more than you intended. Some would argue (and I would tend to agree) that being gay is not a choice, but is the way that some are born.
                                --horns666 - 12/08/08

--horns666 - 12/29/08
                                --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Working...
                                X