X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bouncing baby marsupial:ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

• Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
      I imagine the context of his remarks is to address people who criticized him for having gender reassignment, then taking the female role in the pregnancy. If his wife can't carry a child and he can, why shouldn't he?

I don't see adopted children as inferior in any way and they are a blessing to anyone who can't have a biological child, or someone who can't have any more biologically but wants more children.

At the same time, human instinct is to want a biological child if you can have one - a child who looks like you and shares your DNA. Blaming someone for wanting that if they can have it is unfair.
      I agree. It is just that specific wording that bugs me "right to have a biological child"...although it is also possible that the guy got misquoted. I would assume he meant that he had the same right as anyone else to have a child.

Nobody has the right to have a child. Having a child - be it a biological or an adopted one - is a privilege. It is also the greatest responsibility you can take upon yourself.

Comment

• HOLY FUCK!

I don't stop by for a few months and all of a sudden, Jesus Christ!!!

I was gonna say, pics or it ain't true!

Wow K, that sure does take a lot of inner strength and courage to, for lack of a better term, come out like that.

I'm shocked and amazed... not sure why, but even though I'm completely straight, I gotta say you've got a bit of GMILF going on... however I'll keep the comments about your beautiful daughter mostly to myself. Congrats on the grandchild!

There may be a lot of things that I don't believe in or agree with in the world, but one thing I've always looked up to and deeply respected is strength and honesty. Be strong, be yourself, and don't give a fuck what anyone else would say...
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• I do not understand why anyone would be against gay marriage. Does it bother you so much to see homosexuals being wedded? Why? I honestly see no reasons. I don't understand why people would even care or feel personally offended. This is beyond my thinking abilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            I'm shocked and amazed... not sure why, but even though I'm completely straight, I gotta say you've got a bit of GMILF going on...
            and I thought that was only me...
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by shobet View Post
              Nope... my wife said she's cute too.
              ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

• Originally posted by pott View Post
                I do not understand why anyone would be against gay marriage. Does it bother you so much to see homosexuals being wedded? Why? I honestly see no reasons. I don't understand why people would even care or feel personally offended. This is beyond my thinking abilities.
                When gay couples gets divorced, and the courts consistently put the screws to one party or the other — the way the man usually gets fucked over in a regular divorce — then I'll be in favor of same-sex marriage. Until then, it's just people who want special privileges with no negative repercussions.

Virtually all of the "protections" that gays claim to want from the marriage agreement — emergency power-of-attorney, joint health insurance, co-ownership of real estate, willing of property, etc. — are available through other, legal means. But they don't go that route. Why? Because dissolving those means would be INCONVENIENT. Like divorces tend to be for straight couples.

And if you don't see the door opening to polygamy, you apparently didn't pay attention to the Texas sex farm story from a month or so ago.
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

• Originally posted by pott View Post
                  I do not understand why anyone would be against gay marriage. Does it bother you so much to see homosexuals being wedded? Why? I honestly see no reasons. I don't understand why people would even care or feel personally offended. This is beyond my thinking abilities.
                  Are you really saying you don't understand the argument against it, or just that you don't find it a tenable reason? I'll answer assuming you really don't get it.

Marriage, to people of religion, is a religious sacrament - a sacred ritual and bond that is specifically between a man and a woman. Also, Christianity, Judaism and Islam hold that homosexuality is a serious sin before God.

So calling a union between gays marriage is innately a sacrilege and a blasphemy to these three religions - though you will find some liberal churches who will solemnize weddings.

So whether you agree with the argument or not, that is the argument against gay marriage, using the term marriage per se.

Personally I am for allowing civil unions for all legal needs a couple would have, but in my religion marriage is strictly between a man and a woman only. So calling a gay union a marriage violates the teachings of the church.

Regardless of what I or anyone else thinks of that, it's pretty explcit in the Bible that God disapproves of homosexuality, so it's not something the church can change even if it wanted to. Those "churches" that celebrate gay weddings are violating a basic law of the religion. They might consider themselves Christians anyway but most of the 2 billion Christians on planet Earth disagree.

I'm not saying this to offend anybody, this is just the way it is seen in regards to Christianity.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• Rich - you say God disapproves of homosexuality. Well God disapproves of murder - Thou shalt not kill. Right? Unless of course a person speaks of other gods - those people are ok to murder. You've got to love loopholes. I spent enough Sundays in those Dens of Intolerance (more commonly referred to as Churches) to know better than to believe there are any absolutes in the Bible.

In the end I think the actual reason Christians disapprove of homosexuality is because it's icky to them. Then they cite the Bible and say "see, God says it's a sin". Neil Peart summed that sentiment up well in Subdivisions: "Conform or be cast out".

The truth is that the various religions pick and choose what they want to promote in their translation of the Bible. And don't forget the cool addendums that the religions throw in that have nothing to do with scripture.

I must say it would be pretty interesting to witness a modern Deuteronomy driven society. I think it'd be something like Escape From New York. I think Snake Plissken would be the closest thing to Moses. I'm sure my Sunday school teacher would be thrilled with that analogy

And, yes, I know I'm going to hell.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

• Originally posted by shobet View Post
                      haha... nah, we're just the only ones not afraid to admit it
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• ah Marriage has been here for so long... way before Christianity even existed... that includes same sex marriage.... one example is that in some African tribes you can marry pretty much anyone.... a young woman who is in good health and capable of breeding but is poor marries a really old women who is wealthier but has no relatives. The young woman can have all the old woman's cattle and stuff while she has to wear the old woman's name until death and also give it to her children.
                        Religion has no place sticking its nose to people's personal buisness.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                          The truth is that the various religions pick and choose what they want to promote in their translation of the Bible. And don't forget the cool addendums that the religions throw in that have nothing to do with scripture.
                          Yup people choose the sins they don't like and ignore the ones that apply to them. No sin is supposed to be greater than another. I always loved this open letter to Dr Laura ...it really puts the hypocrisy into perspective

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. ... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Law and how to follow them.

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord -- Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness -- Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. The passage clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there "degrees" of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? -- Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your adoring fan,
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Last edited by SEEGERMANY; 07-11-2008, 08:11 PM.
                            "POOP"

Comment

• That ones a classic!

Comment

• Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                                Rich - you say God disapproves of homosexuality. Well God disapproves of murder - Thou shalt not kill. Right? Unless of course a person speaks of other gods - those people are ok to murder. You've got to love loopholes. I spent enough Sundays in those Dens of Intolerance (more commonly referred to as Churches) to know better than to believe there are any absolutes in the Bible.

In the end I think the actual reason Christians disapprove of homosexuality is because it's icky to them. Then they cite the Bible and say "see, God says it's a sin". Neil Peart summed that sentiment up well in Subdivisions: "Conform or be cast out".

I must say it would be pretty interesting to witness a modern Deuteronomy driven society. I think it'd be something like Escape From New York. I think Snake Plissken would be the closest thing to Moses. I'm sure my Sunday school teacher would be thrilled with that analogy

And, yes, I know I'm going to hell.
                                I'm not trying to regnite a theological discussion. Pott just said he didn't understand what the objection was and so I explained what it is. It's considered to be sacrilege against a sacrament.

We could argue whether that's valid forever - and will - but that's not my point. I'm just relaying the basis for the objection to someone who said he didn't understand.
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X