This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• um ...oh ..
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Last edited by SEEGERMANY; 07-11-2008, 07:58 PM.
      "POOP"

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
        Hippietim is an asshole!
        +1
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

• Tim, your for sale page doesn't seem to be working. Still want to talk with you about a purchase.

Comment

• Oh jeez Charvelguy hs to throw the thread off course now...

Comment

• Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
              Tim, your for sale page doesn't seem to be working. Still want to talk with you about a purchase.
              It should be working now. This link should work as well: http://hackolutions.com/forsale/

I have a few more things I'm considering selling than just that so even if it's not listed for sale it might be available.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
                I should have just said shit. BM = bowel movement.
                oh, is that what that is. I thought it was going to be something at least mildly amusing. Like, "AGB".
                Hail yesterday

Comment

• I thought he was talking about Black Mariah.

Comment

• Name changed on front of JCF and title "Mayday" has been retired
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

• Welcome home, K!

Quite an amazing thread here !!
                      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

• Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
                        That's why I live in NH..:ROTF:

Seriously thanks and I totally appreciate this and the fact that you guys took the time to post in the members area and out here as well. I knew that it was best to move that thread out here but alas ..I messed the thread up. The bottom line is that if it was out in there then it needed to be totally out. Let the chips fall where they may.

When I started out getting help for this it was very very hard to talk about. The day I learned of Annah I emailed her under an alias so she wouldn't know who it was. Pretty sad considering she had been through it. The reality is that society and our upbringing teaches us to be ashamed of stuff like this. Our parents and teachers tell us to be leaders not followers, Live and think outside the box and be proud of who we are. Then an issue such as this or being gay pops up and they suddenly put the brakes on.

Today it isn't any less emotional to talk about but it is certainly a lot easier. I am who I am and I'm going to live my life honestly and not be a facade. I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not.

When Annahs story broke here I thought we would need to do a lot of damage control and I guess to some degree I was nervous about that in myself as well. What I can say is that I'm amazed at the level of compassion and open minded people there are here. You guys kick major ass

I still have a huge sense of humor, especially over this issue. While I don't want to be a joke to people I do believe that we need to take ourselves lightly and not be too serious. Heck superfly pm'ed me last night asking me if this means I don't like the RedSox anymore .. :ROTF:

For those who are truly interested in learning more or even wanting to learn more about Annah her show appears on the discovery health channel tonight.

Thanks all ..
                        ~K~

I have been on & off for the last week & am just getting up to speed now, and I hate to end this whole love fest, but there is something VERY, VERY wrong, with all of this. Frankly, I think you guys are a bunch of major fakes by sitting here and acting like it's ok, because it's not.

The fact of the matter is, Mayday is a fcking Red Sox fan.

Anyway.

What's most interesting to me on an "issues" basis is this: Everyone agrees that something is "wrong". Hyper bigots look at it and say there is something wrong with someone who would want to change gender. Then on the other side are the folks who actually DO want to change who basically respond, "Yeah, no shit buddy, if there wasn't something wrong you think I'd be doing this?"

The fact is that a bigot and an accepting person both agree that something is wrong. They just disagree on what that is. Bigot's going to say, "Something wrong with their mind". On the other side the trans person is saying, "Something's wrong with my body."

Maybe I shouldn't even be using the word "bigot". Ignorant? Maybe a better word. It would be dishonest to sit back and claim that what Karyn's been through is normal. It isn't. It is uncommon, rare even, and that makes it abnormal. What it doesn't make it, however, is wrong, and that is where I think people get banged up- Abnormal is not a bad word. We're all abnormal, in one sense or another. And Thank God for that.

I enjoyed reading this thread for two reasons- one, because a bunch of tough guy metal heads have once again proven a theory I've had since high school- Metal people are the nicest, most accepting people in the world. They just are. Aggressive music, totally chill listeners. It's weird.

Two, because nobody is pretending that this somehow makes Karyn "untouchable". I hesitate very much to put myself in the shoes of anyone because frankly no one can, but I can say for myself were I going through this, the thing that would frighten me the most, after the fear of being ridiculed, would be the thought that people would run to the OPPOSITE side and wayyyyy over compensate to prove their "tolerant" bona fides by basically turning Karyn into the untouchable, the unreproachable. That is as much of an insult, to me, and as pernicuous as someone being hateful- at least the hateful person is being honest.

Karyn's an interesting person. What she's going through is interesting, but I bet it's not the most interesting thing about her.

So here's a hearty congratulations that you've found a way to happiness, after years of having it denied you- And happiness is perhaps not something we all deserve, but we certainly all desire, and it should be denied no one. And here's gratitude to "the world", your family, your friends, for being exactly who you thought they were before this started- Good people who would have loved you no matter what.

You are very, very blessed.

Oh, and you don't need this from me, least of all me, since I'm just a guy that reads your posts on the interweb, and frankly you don't need anyone's blessing, but the fact is I as a stranger am happy for you, and to the extent that someone isn't, F them. Who cares? You have what you need- family, friends. The rest is gravy, or it's not. Doesn't change the goodness in your life.

Vass

Comment

Last edited by SEEGERMANY; 07-11-2008, 07:59 PM.
                          "POOP"

Comment

• I'm new here, but I have to say that ~K~ is truly blessed to have such supportive friends and family. Sincere best wishes and hats off to you for your willingness to share your experience.
                            You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                            You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                            --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                            --horns666 - 12/29/08
                            I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                            --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

• Welcome joel!
                              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                              --floydkramer

Comment

Last edited by SEEGERMANY; 07-11-2008, 08:00 PM.
                                "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                                X