No announcement yet.

Good Lord!! Joba didn't last 3 innings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Lord!! Joba didn't last 3 innings!

WTF!
    I got to fridge and farmer is gone from the mound.
    At least David "Burger" Ortiz is gone, that kinda levels the playing feel. Pun intended.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Sox still have a huge lineup ..plus you need to worry Rays right now.. who would have thought ,,,

Sox up 3-2 bottom 4th
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

What has made the Sox so dangerous offensively in the last few years is the tandem of Burger boy and Manny. You had to throw strikes to Burger in hopes to get him out and have bases clean for Manny. Sort of limit the damage.

Now Manny has no protection. Not to mention Burger was/is a Yankee killer. I don't see another bat in the Sox lineup to strike fear like Burger does.

Comment

So, what's the verdict? Is it a broken wrist, or what? I've missed the news... :/
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

torn sheath on a tendon
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

First I read, gone for the season as he needs surgery. He's got two torn tendons or ligaments. Don't quiz me I am not a freaking doctor I just play one here.

Now, I just read on ESPN, three weeks on a cast and he might be back.

Who knows, even if he comes back there might be some discomfort and limit his effectiveness against the Yankees. That is all I care.

Comment

you're forgetting he was banged up pretty bad last season with his knee and they still took the WS ... I think you underestimate the team. They have a lot of good bats to protect Manny with, they just hit for Avg instead of power.

Papi goes down, Manny move to DH and now you play Elsbury and Crisp. Now you have 3 speedy guys in the lineup who can steal ..

Comment

The problem with Ortiz going out, is that Manny can now be a DH. That means, that Jacoby comes in, and changes the dynamics of the team. I know Ortiz killed us (in clutch), but, the team is actually faster like this. Could be more dangerous.

The Rays..........whats up with that?.........They do look good. I am a Yankee fan, but they refuse to address they're fukked up bullpen, so even though I'm a Yankee fan, I sometimes enjoy us getting fukkin waxed, because we're so stupid. (Please put Kyle in one more time).

Why don't we try to reacquire Scott Proctor......:ROTF:.............fukks
                Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

.........another point I'd like to bring out, is that moving Joba to a starting position was a big mistake. Joba, could of been Mariano's replacement. He's already proven the kind of reliever he could be, but, by moving him to the starting role, could of very well ended his career. I don't care if the scouts say he has hall of fame fastballs, curveballs and offspeed pitches.

I don't care if they say, 'If you don't have starting pitching, there's no use to have a good reliever'. Joba has proved how effective he is in a reliever role. The more and more hitters see him, the less his effectiveness becomes.

Look how well Hughes and Kennedy have done.................they haven't!

Joba could be gone in a couple of months.

We do need to get starting pitching as well as bull pen. Get rid of Farnsworth (my new Scott Proctor). Hawkins blows, they all blow as a matter of fact, so, I'll be watching a little less TV this year.

Comment

Don was there a rumor today the Girardi might be going bye bye?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                      Don was there a rumor today the Girardi might be going bi bi?
                      Fixed!
                      "POOP"

Comment

Well, I aint real happy with him, though he was a better choice than Don (bad luck) Mattingly :ROTF:. I'm just sick of us not doing anything.

I miss Torre....................

I don't want to see the Rays being the powerhouse of the league, or the Orioles, or the Blues Jays, I hate the Sox, but if I'm gonna lose, I wanna go out losing to the Sox.................not the fukkin Blue Jays....................please.........
                        Last edited by donf; 06-03-2008, 09:50 PM.

Comment

let me let you all on a well known fact- The Pinstripes rule the fukkin' world. FACT.
                          Boston was lucky they played cleveland to get in the series and not the Yankees as the the stripes had dominated the last three series against them in the regular season. we had to play in a swamp. I admit it , i'm a fukkin' homer, but a real one from the day I became coherent.
                          Fukkin' Yankees
                          Fukkin' Rangers
                          Fukkin' Knicks (although hoops blows now)
                          Fukkin' Jets-superbowl champs in 2028
                          Last edited by atomic charvel guy; 06-04-2008, 10:05 PM.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                          X