Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RacerX needs value of a Jazz bass

Hey guys! Long time, etc etc.

Hey I got a line on a Fender Jazz bass, MIM, don't know the year (he said "from the 80s") it's that brownish sunburst looking color with a white pickguard. Gig bag. My neighbor has it at a yard sale, he is asking $ 200.

Please advise, Thanks mucho. Heh heh heh
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

used MIM fender usually bring 250 ish around here. Its a good deal, but not a great deal.....
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Oh sure, just show up when you need something!:ROTF:
      Just kidding. How ya been Ron??

I think it's an O.K. deal also. Maybe you could get him to come down a bit, but not a bad deal either way.

Comment

Hee hee, you got me pegged, Jeri!

Maybe I'll be back (depending on response in this thread? )

BTW, I offered $ 180

I don't know if it's still available.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I had a MIM Precision a few years back. Great bass IMO. Haven't even seen a MIM Jazz. Tobacco burst with white guard? Meh. I would think black.

Anyhoo, $200 doesn't sound like a bad deal to me depending on condition.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

200 is a good price from what I've seen around here and online. Never seen one sell below 250.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Hey guys! Long time, etc etc.

where in the F have YOU been
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Yea Ron, boy have you got some catching up to do!
                "POOP"

Comment

Walk up with $150.00 cash and it's yours I'll bet !!!

Good to know you're still out there !!!

Comment

Not a bad price if it's a Standard. They sell for close to $500 new. I'd try to get it cheaper if I could but $200 isn't bad.
                    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I know nothing about the bass but welcome back Ron, good to see you again!
                      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Go to an ATM and get 150. I bet he will let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
                          Walk up with $150.00 cash and it's yours I'll bet !!!
                          Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                          Go to an ATM and get 150. I bet he will let it go.

Yeah, Ron, cheat the guy out of a fair price. Go on. You know you want to.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

how is it cheating? You make offer, he accepts or he doesn't.

hey Ron. Good to see you around.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

hey ron what gives... i am slowly catching up to your post count... lol. where you been hiding? hope all is well. i would say $180 is fair if it is in good shape...

Comment

Working...
                              X