No announcement yet.

Credit card block......ahhhhhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really haven't spent any further effort on this beyond what I've typed in this thread. Once I get their resolution letter, I'm probably not gonna spend any more energy beyond determining if I'm gonna discontinue usage and/or cancel the card. I will say that I'm still hoping for the $150, but as has been mentioned, at least an apology would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
      I don't really know how else to explain any clearer beyond what has already been typed, but....

If the charge had gone through I'd have the player and all would be well.

Since they botched my payment, if I wanted to get the same player I'd now have to pay $150 more to get it elsewhere (if I could find one).
      All that was quite clear in the first post, but nowhere in there are you saying that you spent and thereby deserve a refund of $150.

Ergo, no one owes you any money.

Yes, I understand the deal was for a free $100 gift card, and that the same DVD player now costs $50 more than in the original deal, AND you don't get the $100 gift card because of the fraud protection on your card blocking a legitimate sale.

However, that doesn't mean anyone owes you that money. If your time has any value, submit it to Citibank in the form of an itemized bill, and claim a $150 dividend loss on your 2008 taxes.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey, Chad, sucks to be in that situation, sure; but most everyone is right: your cc company doesn't owe you anything. I'm sure you've realized you're not going to get compensated for anything; I'd be impressed if you get even an apology from Citi.

I work in the credit card industry; the company I work for is a gateway that provides merchants with translation services to credit card processors. I can tell you that it's an amazingly disorganized industry. Some of the large companies that have been around for ever are so convoluted; it's byzantine. One such company is so messed up, it took them two years to bridge two different formats of their own message specification to allow transaction types from one to come in on the other.

If you're unhappy with Citi's customer support, or lack thereof, cancel it and get another.

Comment

Working...
        X