RIP Traci Michaelz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Traci Michaelz

not sure that many would care about the peppermint creeps, and i can't say that i was a fan, but their drummer Traci passed away a few days ago.

the only reason i make any mention of is was that it made me think of donny. a few years ago after namm, we (along with many others) were at the hilton hotel, drinking and hanging out. donny loved the peppermint creeps, and when i saw Traci at the hotel, i got donny and we headed over to go talk to him. he was a pretty cool guy, and oddly enough, we knew a lot of the same people in hollywood (even though i left there a lonnnnnng time ago). i remember donny laughing to me and telling me that he couldn't believe that he was smokin' a joint with traci in front of the hilton. it was a funny moment, and one that i'll never forget.

i was thinking about donny yesterday and how it's getting close to a year after his passing, and then i read the news that traci had passed (at age 34, no less). too sad.

sully

Official site of record label Elektra Music Group: Elektra Records, Fueled By Ramen, Roadrunner, Low Country Sound, Black Cement, Public Consumption, DTA Records
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Yeah, I saw that too.

Not too sure what to think of the Peppermint Creeps. Their look is cool, but I don't know much about their music.

But what I did like about them is they were self-promoting whores. Just like all the 80's hair bands were. They did the old school promotion thing. Putting up fliers, having a presence everywhere cool. I remember seeing them on VH1 Honors for someone, can't remember who. But the camera trucked over the audience and there they were. Hard to miss those guys. I talked to them for a second at NAMM in 2006. Interesting guys.

He did die young. RIP.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

yep. that was him next to chris holmes.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I wasn't familiar with the band's music or Traci, but 34 is too young and everywhere I've read about this the vibe is that everybody loved the guy, even if they didn't dig the band they loved HIM. Sounds like the kind of nice enthusiastic music lover that anyone would be happy to have a beer with. He died doing what he loved, touring the country playing rock and roll. God bless him, may he rest in peace.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

well said lerx. mot a fan of there music but 34 is wayyyy to young. RIP.

Comment

I was waiting for someone else to post this news. I was in a couple of bands with Tracii, and got to know him well. First I must say he was THE best drummer I've ever played with, and second I must say he was a very inspiring person. He was always "On" and having a good time when I was around him. He helped me alot in a time in my life when I was a little lost. I had just moved to Arizona from Florida and didn't know a lot of people. We commuted between Hollywood & Phoenix to do "The Crue" (a Motley tribute band) and had some fun doing it.

The Crue at The Whisky in Hollywood

He was so dedicated to his music that he lived it in every moment of his life, and he was the first dude I've ever met like that. He lived the life of a Rock Star, and made some of the most fun times of my life. He didn't wear a wig...

That was his look all the time. I have always tried to be able to hide my "look" from my boss and shit like that, but he made it very obvious he was a glam man, and FUCK YOU if ya don't like it!

His funeral was today, and I couldn't make it to Hollywood from Phoenix. I am remembering him in my own way tonite, and hoping he is in a better place.

Miss you bro.

Comment

Working...
              X