Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One step closer to the Police Academy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One step closer to the Police Academy...

Well, at 41 and completely unappreciated in the business world today (with 19 years experience and an MBA), I have decided to apply for the Police Academy. I already passed the entrence exam, and today I passed the physical, so now it's just a matter of passing the background check (which shouldn't be a problem). I have to admit, it's something I always wanted to do, but being brought up "white collar", I never really considered it till I was so disrespected by the business world as it is run today.

Hopefully within a few weeks, I will be accepted and start a completely new chapter in life, one which is quickly becoming the most exciting I have ever encountered.

I am so excited! This is a whole new lifestyle and outlook on life for me.

Will keep you all updated!!!

Congrats, Ralph! I am hyped for you! Keep us, uh, apprised of the situation
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That's great man. I hope you enjoy your new career. I almost did the same thing 4 years ago. I was in the final 3 months of my military career before retirement and got as far as the background check. I had applied for alot of federal jobs at the same time and got an offer that I just couldnt refuse. Good luck in the future.
      Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

That's way cool. Check out the Academy on the Real network. You're in for some fun.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Congrats, Ralph. Good luck to you. You'll do great.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Sounds great, Ralph!!

Comment

congrats Ralph!! You'll do great!!

Comment

I know what you mean about the business/corporate world, people you've worked with for years that think you can trust will throw you under the bus faster than you can blink.

Im glad to be working as a govt. contractor now so I dont have to deal with that mess so much any more, but after my wife finishes school I'll be making a career change myself, at least I say that now

Anyway, my fingers are crossed for you bro, I really hope it works out.

-Steve
                Guitars:
                '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                Amp:
                VOX AD30VT

Comment

You Go Boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Congrat's my old friend, I wish you the best in your endeavor ..
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Best of luck with the new career!
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Congrats man! Best of luck.
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

"a man must know his limitations and frankly, I have none!"
                          "POOP"

Comment

Very cool! It takes balls to brake apart from your life and try new things. I salute you.
                            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

...I always assumed the psych test would keep me out.

My girl went last year, she loved it & hated it. She went Apr.-June, I felt sorry for the class after hers - July-Sept. in the heat & humidity of southern Arkansas. bleh

Good luck!
                              |My CSG gallery|
                              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
                              X