Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I'm on a roll (sobriety/maturity post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm on a roll (sobriety/maturity post)

Alright, I've been a member of this board since my late teens. some of you know me as a dumbass, a roller coaster drug addict and a un-humble jerk.

Well... as opposed to using a LiveJournal, I'm going to post here. Because I give a shit what most of you bro's think of me. especially locals (Adrian!)

So allow me to explain some current changes in my life.

I moved to the city (South City Saint Louis), and got away from Meth land (My father the cook is getting sentenced to federal prison next month)...

I've been clean, and making responsible decisions with my money and showing up to work everyday. I quit going to the pain management doctors- they were just feeding my addiction to opiates, as opposed to actually physically treating my slipped discs and osteoarthritis...

I went thru hell and still have some very bad pains I've heard from other addicts this can last for years after coming off opiates especially heroin, on top of the pain from the injuries. But I usually just take a few advils and take a nap and I'm ok for a few hours.

I helped my occasional heroin dealer commit herself to rehab, and they are keeping her for at least 45 days.... theres my good deed for the community.

My wife and I are getting along, and working together...and I'm learning to cope with her bi-polar disorder and ptsd.

I've got a decent I.T. contract at a major Pharmaceutical company.

Just catchin up on my debts, getting my vehicles legal..etc etc.

Its been rough, and I know it always will be at times- but I know I have a plan now, as opposed to living for the shallow selfish moment.

I think we're going to move to Charlotte, N.C. once my mother sells her house in FL, so I can finally go to college and get the hell out of the I.T. industry... I'm wanting to persue aviation sciences.

Yeah, well there my post. Stupid or not, I felt compelled to spill it.

I thought you were dead?

Kidding. Sounds like you made some good choices there. Keep it up.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

All that and you came back from the dead to boot.....(sorry I had to). All kidding aside it is good to hear from the people that matter to you that you are doing a good job. I dont know that I am one of those people, but it appears that you are on the right track so I offer my congratulations. It's hard to put shit behind you and this I know. Keep it up.

Comment

Congrats on your achievements.
        www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

Good job dude, if you stay clean your possibilities are endless! The withdrawl can and probably will last a couple months depending on the opiates, but you allready seem to be past the worst. Life only gets better from here on out. Good Luck!

Comment

Congrats on getting things together. I'll have a year and 10 months of sobriety tomorrow. I just sent my father a 31 year sobriety medallion yesterday.

Sobriety does make things better....may not seem like it but there's alot of satisfaction in realizing how good being responsible feels. Keep up the good work!!!
            Last edited by Jack The Riffer; 06-27-2008, 01:21 PM.
            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Well, considering you were dead a couple of months ago, I'd vote for you for Most Improved JCFer! Good luck and keep it up.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                Sobriety does make things better....may not seem like it but there,s alot of satisfaction in realizing how good being responsible feels.
                +1,000,000

Well said Jack.
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Excellent news. Don't give up. Be relentless.

Vass

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words guys. I hope the few of you I have really ticked off in the past can forgive me. lol@ me being dead... I still can't believe a contractor I barely knew (worked with him for 2 months at washington university medical center and saint louis childrens hospital) would go that far for me leaving my machine unlocked "Information security rule #1 man! ahahaha"

Comment

Awesome news! I imagine you're seeing a lot of extra money each month too

Keep it up!
                      Scott

Comment

Well good work on your part. Not only are you helping yourself, you're helping your whole community. You have a lot to be proud of.
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Excellent news. Keep up the good work, no matter how hard it seems.

Comment

I am 3 weeks into no 6 xanny bars a day accompanied by 4 juicy huge shots of dope myself. i quaked around like a dead fish on the rocks , and still have not slept, eaten , or felt good, but i know this one I am paying for a lot and have to earn it so fuck it for now, and it's truly incredible being this fukkin' beaten up. This was the hardest one of all, I'll live but it really knocked the snot out of me. Jack was my inspiration. I have 1 week today with nadda, and I couldn't go 1 hour until 3 weeks ago. This one hurt and lasted longer than most, but I thank that I am only in the trouble I am and not for what i should be thank the heavens above or whoever is in charge.
                            Tommy
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Tommy, bro, stay strong. You can spank that s**t, like the Yanks on the Sox in October.

Comment

Working...
                              X