Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I'm on a roll (sobriety/maturity post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for you.Great for all of you that have decided to change your life's direction.I myself am at a crossroad that I thought I would never be at,but none the less,I am glad for all of you......................
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Glad your not dead, Steve! Life is much better when you're alive to enjoy it! Good damn job! Also, kudos to you too Tommy. I may not mind talking with you on the phone now! You guys keep it up, the payoff will be awesome!
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

There's a lot more than meets the eye on this one, someday you will all hear the story. Right now I'm fighting off the intense cravings that have set in and they are as said above-relentless, so I have to be just as relentless. This sucks, don't ever do tranqees, they are bad news, and life is everything but tranquil when you stop.
        It's called "bed karate" out here, and it's not fun. I gotta go. Thankyou as always to my bretheren on the boards.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Guys, I admire your strength and determination.
          More power to you, and keep at it!

Comment

Tommy,

heroin, hypnotics, benzo's, opiatiates- I think we've been rowing the same boat bro. I have found a few quick fixes for the cravings- ITS HELL- and I have to get up and work at 5am and deal with
            traffic in the evenings- those are my worst jones. My arms get hungry...I shit you not.

Valium and Ambien have actually helped me A LOT... I can't handle the not-sleeping shit, reminds me of when I was up for weeks straight when I was a tweeker. I'll have my Doc taper my doses down when I get a few more months under my belt.

The "ghost pains" fuck with me all day, and I feel like a brick.

I'll get thru it. I keep telling myself "One day I'll go back for just a few more buttons"- I'm lying to myself... because I know I can't stop the train once it rolls, but it makes it easier to go without day to day, believe it or not to lie to yourself..

Stay hydrated- get plenty of rest and feel free to share thoughts and feelings with me. My doc isn't very experienced at what I'm going thru, but I don't have the time and money for rehab AGAIN. .. so its all personal strength and coping, with a little bit of aide (my wife gives me my pills so I don't abuse them)

..Now if I can just quit smoking...

Comment

Drink ginger ale for the ghost pains, sounds funny but it works. Trust me, i've been there.

Comment

Good luck to the both of you, it sounds like you have your heads in order.
                Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

You bet shobet. Thanks man. Gwar has his head in order, mine has just been refastened, eyes are almost all the way open.

Comment

I'm drowning but the shore is in sight.

Comment

Keep swimming.

Comment

congrats and keep going
                        I was uber hooked on OC's and have been off them for 46 days now
                        I still crave them mentally but am staying strong
                        If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Oxy-Knockouts are tough, that's a good job savage. As bad as the Dope was for me, the xanny bars have torn me up worse than anything. the 4th was a tough day to stay cool, but at the same time i have no other choice, and I'm seeing that it's actually a good thing and the only way to make me stop. Who wants to do time? Not I.

Comment

Keep it up Tommy, life is good on the sober side. I've found there's a huge difference between not caring and being at peace with things. Everyday I have more appreciation for the world around me as I look around and realize how much of this world I have taken for granted.

Things will be the same whether you are high or not. Not caring doesn't make them go away. Finding peace living with the hard times and the good makes life easier. Just remamber to accept the things you can't change and be careful how you go about changing the things you can. Walk before you run brother....If you have to start out crawling then do it but everyday it will get a little better.

All of this applies to you too Gwar.
                            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

For real.

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                              Who wants to do time? Not I.
                              I hear that. I thank god for all the close calls, running, and the manufacturing I was involved in just over 2 years ago - that I got out of the game before striking out.

EVERYBODY that was around me has done some time, and is either still in, or out having a really hard time and still fooling around.

This includes my Father, who is on SEVERAL FEDERAL charges, but is hopefully going to evade prison time- because he is mentally ill, and a serious addict- He's let himself lose everything to meth.... and needs to go into a long-term care facility, not prison (which is not where people with drug problems belong anyway- thank god the western world is catching on!)

Nothing wrong with burning a few trees. Actually, I'm not going to condone any kind of drugs- I think they all have their place. I am just not one who can be recreational with something...

Comment

I've never met a casual dope user-lol

Comment

Working...
                                X