Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid question:How does Craigslist make money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question:How does Craigslist make money?

I haven't looked into it, but they don't sell ads, no click throughs, and no fees.

What's up with that?

selling email addresses?

Any ideas?
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Q: How does craigslist support its operations?
    A: By charging below-market fees for job ads in 10 cities, and for brokered apartment listings in NYC.
    -Rick

Comment

foiled again by RTFM....

I have never heard of anyone getting jobs off of CL that weren't shady couch casting calls for uncle bob's home movies, but maybe Apt Lease Brokering can pay the bills!

Thanks Rick!
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Hey... when in doubt... RTFM always works.

Seriously though, I've never heard of any "quality" job postings on CL, but then again, I would never think to look there in the first place.
        -Rick

Comment

I got my current job from a CL posting. Of course, it is also a job at a newspaper. So much for the newspaper's classifieds working...

Comment

Originally posted by lori View Post
            So much for the newspaper's classifieds working...
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Working...
            X